Print Thread
Hop To
O
okie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
The Senate passed the most sweeping firearms legislation in decades, with a coalition of more than a dozen Republicans joining Democrats to provide new tools to deter mass shootings following deadly attacks around the nation.

The 65-33 vote capped a month of negotiations, led by Sens. Chris Murphy (D., Conn.) and John Cornyn (R., Texas), who were tasked by the leaders of their respective parties with finding a compromise on one of the most contentious topics in American politics.

The legislation, which provides roughly $15 billion in funding, would help states put in place and enforce extreme risk protection orders, known as red-flag laws, to remove guns from people deemed dangerous; close the so-called boyfriend loophole related to dating partners; and expand background checks to include juvenile and mental health records for buyers under 21 years old. Of the spending, more than half would be used to fund mental-health programs and bolster school safety.

Cornyn thinks he won a victory against the mob. In other words, freedom-loving patriots who don’t want bills passed that chip away at their civil rights. He means base Republicans. Here’s the rest of the Benedict Arnold Club:

15 GOP yeas on the gun bill:

Blunt
Burr
Capito
Cassidy
Collins
Cornyn
Ernst
Graham
McConnell
Murkowski
Portman
Romney
Tillis
Toomey
Young
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) June 24, 2022

Some of these names are not shocking, but again, we’re reminded why a) we hate the squishy establishment types, and b) how we got Trump. Democrats in deep blue states NEVER support or vote for bills that are diametrically opposed to the party platform. No compromise. No debate especially if that issue is abortion.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

O
okie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's political suicide at it's finest.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don’t think I’m a republican. The party is leaving me. Seeping out my pores.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Remember those 15 Traitors and vote them out, I will surely remember Bill Cassidy when he runs for re-election.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Todd Young IN, I think he’s up for re-election this fall.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Cornyn Is a CHICKEN SCHITT of the first order but he is in office until 2027, we need to put a hell of a lot more pressure on him and the others on this list, the time for being polite is over. Rio7

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Cassidy and Cornyn are in until 2027. That is 5 years from now. It may be they are planning not to run, and needed money for the future. If Cassidy does run, he will get primaried.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thankfully, both TN Senators voted against the law. One, Senator Blackburn, wrote a scathing rebuke to the vote. Good for her.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BLG
Cassidy and Cornyn are in until 2027. That is 5 years from now. It may be they are planning not to run, and needed money for the future. If Cassidy does run, he will get primaried.

Clyde

Cassidy imo will try a Presidential Run or Governor of Louisiana hope I'm wrong.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riverc
Remember those 15 Traitors and vote them out, I will surely remember Bill Cassidy when he runs for re-election.

+1

I sent him another email this morning, telling him what a back-stabbing POS he is.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Oldman 03, Good for you, i've been burning Cornyn's ASS and EARS for some time. Rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7
Cornyn Is a CHICKEN SCHITT of the first order but he is in office until 2027, we need to put a hell of a lot more pressure on him and the others on this list, the time for being polite is over. Rio7

You guys in Texas should be standing on that Rino Cornyn's throat DAILY.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Cassidy imo will try a Presidential Run or Governor of Louisiana hope I'm wrong.

I told Cassidy over a year ago that I would not b OTE for him and that he was a conservative as he claimed when running. I said that he would not get re-elected

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm shocked that NE didn't jump on board. We usually don't miss an opportunity to stab US citizens in the back (Nelson, Sasse, Bacon, etc)! Looks like Ernst decided to step in for the Midwest this go-round. Anyone that would support a Red Flag law with it's lack of due process might as well just pizz on the Constitution.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Cornyn is a lying weasel. talks tough while running and then flops, hence the nickname John Wayne Cornyn as hes known around here
if he runs in 27 hes gone, but honestly by then Texas will be over run with wetbacks from every shot-hole country to our south.

the corruption has always ran deep in lots of places down here, and will only get worse. when Mayra Flores won the 34th the other day i about fell out! its great the valley has voted in a republican, but now the eyes and checkbooks of the swamp and Soros will be on us and im afraid lots of these small county officials will be bought and bribed.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That's neither negotiation or compromise.
It's simply handing the enemy a chunk of what they want.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ernst, I believe, has become Washingtonized. We had a little chat yesterday though she wasn’t there. I asked her to not bother with her letter in response. That her staff would write.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Scum.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 53 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.