Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
OP.....i dont think you did anything wrong.
Respecting ones elders doesnt mean letting then cut your throat.

If they want to blow smoke up their fellow liberals asses so be it. They dont need to push that chit on you, directly or indirectly IMHO.

Its arrogance and or dishonesty....trying to impress others.

If the old folks want to continue w their celebration, fine....but he at least should understand the hardhip the Biden admin has placed on you and either apologize or leave you alone.

If he had any sense or shame.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/24/22.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Old people often turn into spoiled.kids.
They shouldnt be allowed to vote.
Too many are trying to buy their way into heaven.
Wisdom doesnt always come with age.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
At 87 just be thankful he's still around. My dad would've been 86 right now but he's been dead for a decade.

I didn't give a schit what his politics were.

This

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My brother and his daughter haven't spoken in going on 5 years because of politics.......He refuses to talk about it but I know its painful.....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Man this hits home for all of us, seems like every day with someone, my folks are 90, I hurt peoples feelings all the time. I don’t know how to back up for anybody or anything, can’t live with myself if I don’t stand up, it bothers me that I might not of stated my believe’s with compassion.

IC B2

R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
The person you need to look at each day is you.

I get the quandary.

I think, were it me, I swallow my tongue and love my dad for him, not his politics. What he did to raise/teach me.

Character is what you do, not others. I'd want my character to be defined by my relationship with family - even if it means eating the crap sandwich of their political environment.

Were they not family that created me (mom/dad) - all this goes out the window. The rest can FOAD.

Had done this for what 16 months, it just came out unexpectedly.
It was the same morning that my memories[snapchat] came up from 3 years back with a pic of fuel pump @ $1.96gl.
That set the mood.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gentlemen, keep your eyes on the big picture.

The goal should be to persuade these idiots, uh I mean our loved ones, to see the error of their ways and vote with us next time. Its a helluva chore because the lib mind ain't much impressed with simple facts.

However, if you can't persuade them and you piss them off and lose your relationship you win nothing. As long as a relationship remains, you at least have a chance.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The FIRST thing my Dad taught me after he taught me to never pee on an electric fence was to ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
At 87 your Pop doesn't have much time left, enjoy what you do have left.

Simply put, have a talk with him and tell him no more politics as you will never see eye to eye on it and you want to enjoy whatever years you have left with him.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
It was one of those "did I just say that" deals, and on fathers day weekend to boot.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
At 87 your Pop doesn't have much time left, enjoy what you do have left.

Simply put, have a talk with him and tell him no more politics as you will never see eye to eye on it and you want to enjoy whatever years you have left with him.

I think this is the best approach given the circumstances. I don't know how many times I have prefaced a response with "are you sure you want to ask that question?" You did nothing wrong.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My younger sister is 61 and a liberal covidian. We have spoken once in the past 2 years or so and my brother and SIL have not spoken with her but a couple of times since dad died in 1998. I’ve gone to milestone life events of hers in Commiefornia for years, but her libtard crap just comes through over and over. I got tired of her drivel a couple of years ago at a family funeral and threw her and a cousin under the bus for good measure. I regret things have turned out this way, but she never had the political restraint that I tried to use. Honestly, I don’t miss her or her bullscheit.

FJB #Lets go Brandon

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Focus on the good, avoid the heartburn, and honk for Joey!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Keep being honest!

Good man. Help our. Com friend be true to himself.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My late father was politically to the right of Genghis Khan. So we didn't differ on too much. grin

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My side was all conservative. My boys are conservative. Their wives are "go along with its". My wife's folks were cons, her brothers are cons, and the oldest brother's kids are. Middle bros son married a flaming, died in the wool, staunch lib and he sides with her. Daughter is con. So, out of about 19 people we have two libs (who, like most of them talk it but do no service, charity, or volunteer work).
My boys and three nephews rag the libs azz unmercifully at gatherings. V they even bought him a NRA membership once.
We all live in two royal blue states, IL and MI.
What un.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by WAM
No reason to antagonize family over their liberal lunacy, particularly the elderly. They’ll be non-voters soon enough unless they are in Chicago.
Wrong! Not just Chitcago....
They'll be voting for decades to come.

Last edited by MickeyD; 06/24/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
It's easier being a tough guy on the internet.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Everybody in my immediate family and my wife's family are conservatives. Very conservative...my brothers, their kids, my adult sons, their kids, my stepsons. I do have a cousin who's a raving lefty lunatic, but to put it into perspective he's 75 years old and hasn't worked enough in his life to qualify for social security.

Mathew 22: 37-39

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It would be very difficult to deal with a problem parent, but I try to keep it simple. I prioritize in this order…..God, Country, Family! I’m not popular with some family members!

I have a first cousin that is a flaming liberal that attacked my wife openly on FB about her support of President Trump! We’ve not spoken since I explained to him the path he could take to Hell! He’s not a loss and considered to be dead by me! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 06/24/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 16penny, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,550
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.