24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can’t think of any, but my buddy was eating something pickled with his wife and she asked “can you pickle cucumbers?”

Uhh, WTF…

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wife and I were headed out of town to Cades Cove for a few days shorty after being married. Driving up to the NC mountains back then was frustrating because HWY 421 was a two lane road and you always were at the mercy of 18 wheelers and RV slugs.

We were bickering about me wanting to stop at a off the track gun store in Yadkinville. As I pulled in to the gravel lot there were a couple of old guys standing around a pick up. I was sipping a cold adult beverage at the time and reached over and pushed the bottle down in my wife's crotch and told her "to keep it cold for me while I went in".

When I reached for the door going into the building that long neck Bud exploded on the brick wall beside me. Never before saw old fellas high stepping as fast as those old boys were getting out of the line of fire.

It was a quiet weekend.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey took exception to something I said, chunked a plastic bottle of syrup. It missed me, exploded when it hit the wall. It made the biggest damn mess. I had to clean it up.

I would not have.

It would have become modern art that feeds the cockroaches before I cleaned that up. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Years ago, I hid a key on the wife's truck, showing her where it was. (In case of lock-out)
Fast forward ~ 3 years, I get a call (she's over at Los Alamos, ~ 95 miles away) "Can you bring the spare key - the PD here won't break in the truck for me."
She got PIZZED when I started laughing - "What's so damn funny?"
When I settled down, and said "Hon, do you remember where WE hid the spare key?", She got riled up even more!
Still mad after almost 2 hours of "settle down time", driving home. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When my wife was pregnant with our first I went with her to see her OB in preparation for going into the delivery room with her.
The doctor explained the procedures I was likely to see and explained about the possibility of an episiotomy saying that after delivery he would stitch her back up and asked if I had any questions.
I asked if it would be possible for him to sew in a draw string while he was at it!
The doctor laughed so hard he literally had tears streaming from his eyes.
My wife, on the other hand.....well it seemed she left her sense of humor home that day

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Wifey took exception to something I said, chunked a plastic bottle of syrup. It missed me, exploded when it hit the wall. It made the biggest damn mess. I had to clean it up.

I would not have.

It would have become modern art that feeds the cockroaches before I cleaned that up. smile

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sort of the reverse.

Wife's been induced. Kid's way early - issues, need to deliver now or we lose the boy and the wife.

I'm doing the "dad" thing and helping out. We never did lamaze or anything - was too early. I'm standing there holding a leg, son's born, they whisk away to NICU etc. I'm freaking out - he was blue and never made a noise. I'm not a doctor but I know blue is bad and quiet is bad. Wife is out of it - I'm 22 and this was the first real "oh crap, adulthood is hitting HARD today" moment.

When stressed, I get sarcastic.

Nurse goes "You handled that well. Most fathers get green and have to sit down" - I looked at her and said "No worse than gutting a deer". She didn't find it funny. Bud damn man - my brain was 100mph then.

2 days later, doc asks me who I think the kid looks like - I said the neighbor. Wife didn't find that funny either.

So that was their WTF moment with me I guess.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Teal
Sort of the reverse.

Wife's been induced. Kid's way early - issues, need to deliver now or we lose the boy and the wife.

I'm doing the "dad" thing and helping out. We never did lamaze or anything - was too early. I'm standing there holding a leg, son's born, they whisk away to NICU etc. I'm freaking out - he was blue and never made a noise. I'm not a doctor but I know blue is bad and quiet is bad. Wife is out of it - I'm 22 and this was the first real "oh crap, adulthood is hitting HARD today" moment.

When stressed, I get sarcastic.

Nurse goes "You handled that well. Most fathers get green and have to sit down" - I looked at her and said "No worse than gutting a deer". She didn't find it funny. Bud damn man - my brain was 100mph then.

2 days later, doc asks me who I think the kid looks like - I said the neighbor. Wife didn't find that funny either.

So that was their WTF moment with me I guess.

At least it wasn't a pickaninny.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Girlfriend came home saying the clerk at Walmart was one of the biggest bitches she ever met. I asked her if she was using the self checkout. That was a fun night

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I would not have.

She was pregnant with second, going crazy with a two year old. I cut her a break.

Last edited by hanco; 06/24/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wife and I were in the delivery room having our first born and I decided that the best place for me was up at the head end. I gave her my index finger to squeeze which was a big mistake. She had that finger bent back so far that I think that I was in as much pain as she was. Advice to all new fathers is always to offer at least two fingers.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Light comes on the dash of my mother-in-laws car. i look it up in the manual (this was before the systems that tell you exactly what is wrong) and tell my wife she just needs an oil change. my wife decides that is not it and that it needs water and then proceeds to fill the entire crank case with water (where the oil goes). when she tried to crank it, the car hydrolocked before starting. Well she did need an oil change after that. Over 3 of them. Luckily no long term damage to the vehicle. but cost me about $500.

i like to bring this up when she questions my car diagnosis lol

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Girlfriend came home saying the clerk at Walmart was one of the biggest bitches she ever met. I asked her if she was using the self checkout. That was a fun night

Has to be te funniest one I've heard..

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wife is pregnant. Goes to visit her mother for the day an hour away. No big deal. I had things to do around the apartment anyway.

2 weeks later we're all together with her parents and he mother asks me how I liked the apple pie she made? WTF? What apple pie?

Wife starts bawling.

Here she ate the apple pie, while DRIVING on the way home with her hands and stopped off at a gas station to wash them and throw out the tin before she got to the house. Never mentioned it to anyone. Ate a whole damn pie in 60 miles.
That’s natural talent. Ya can’t coach that!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ironbender
Wife is pregnant. Goes to visit her mother for the day an hour away. No big deal. I had things to do around the apartment anyway.

2 weeks later we're all together with her parents and he mother asks me how I liked the apple pie she made? WTF? What apple pie?

Wife starts bawling.

Here she ate the apple pie, while DRIVING on the way home with her hands and stopped off at a gas station to wash them and throw out the tin before she got to the house. Never mentioned it to anyone. Ate a whole damn pie in 60 miles.
That’s natural talent. Ya can’t coach that!
The Baby just got a sweat tooth and mama had to comply

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
back in the old days my wife would never look up a phone number in our address book. Instead, she would just ask me the number since i was good at remenbering phone numbers. I warned her about asking me for phone numbers all the time so, one day she asked for my sisters phone number and I purposely changed the last diget of the phone number. So... She calls the number and then speaks to the person, Not my sister for over ten minutes. i am sitting right there watching and listening to the conversation. Awe struck because i know i gave her the wrond number. Until, finally she reaziles that the person she is talking to is not my sister. WTF................. and very funny.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Another delivery room story.

We are in the labor room with the OB. Things are progressing quite rapidly.

The hospital had a policy forbidding dads in the delivery room, unless they had lamaze. I said BS. I am not wasting time on that crap. By then I had been armpit deep in more cows than I could count, and it isn't any different.

So anyway, the OB says, She's coming right along. I think we can have this baby right here in the labor room. What do you think.

Doc, whatever you say goes. You are the expert.

So anyway, a few minutes later. I am sitting beside wife's left knee while she is absolutely crushing my left hand, and Dr. is sitting beside her right knee. When he looks at me and asks: Are you going to be allright in here.

I looked back at Dr. and dead serious said: Dang it, I forgot the baling twine.

He got a blank "WTF" look on his face, and questioned: Baling twines?

To which I replied: To tie around the little sucker's feet and pull him out of there.

Dr. gave me a bit of a puzzled look for a moment, then grinned and said: Yeah, you're gonna be fine.

I laughed. Dr. laughed. Momma did NOT laugh. 40 years later, Momma still does not see the humor.

And about five minutes later we had a healthy, pink, squalling boy.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wife called me at work in a panic because she was shopping and she couldn't get back into the car because remote key fob died.
I told her to use the key, the one in her hand below the buttons.... Duh.

Then there was the time when we were newlyweds that she went searching for a gas leak behind the stove with a match. I kid you not!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ain't sayin.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (12344mag, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 88 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.