M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Like my Lancers.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I find my recommendations to be the best.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Magpul PMags are scientifically proven to be the most reliable for 5.56/.223. Patented feed angle and poly slickness. Fact.

That said a well setup AR will eat from most any decent mag.

If you have lots of any decent mag be happy, if your buying then PMags are the big boy smart choice.

That's cool, John.

Do you have a link to that data? Would help end a lot of squabbles over which to buy.

Thanks.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Magpul PMags are scientifically proven to be the most reliable for 5.56/.223. Patented feed angle and poly slickness. Fact.

If you have lots of any decent mag be happy, if your buying then PMags are the big boy smart choice.

That's cool, John.

Do you have a link to that data? Would help end a lot of squabbles over which to buy.

Thanks.
Here's one

Stainless ASC's are also on my fave list.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by roverboy
Well, I never thought I'd own one but, bought a AR in .223 off a friend. Just wondered what's everybody's favorite .223 mags? Thanks

I like 20 round pmags. 30s work fine but hang lower so when I'm bench shooting, I have to raise the gun further above the table top .. less steady, less accurate. The 20s are almost exactly the same height as the grip. On the other hand, there is a plus to the 30s .. working up loads shooting 5 shot groups I can start with the hottest at the bottom of the mag, then the next lightest, etc with the lightest at the top. 5 shots, change dots, 5 shots, change dots, etc 'til it is empty. Can test a lot of things in a real hurry if you set up 5 dots per target sheet, it's just a touch trickier to get equally steady.

I was not an AR fan either. Always leaned toward mini-14 but I didn't have one of those either. Finally got tired of one of my lefty / anti-gun friends blabbing her so called expertise so I went out 'n' bought one just to see what the truth was. I got a Ruger MPR. F'ing thing shoots very well, as good per $$ spent as any bolt gun on average. Now I can't really seeing NOT having one. Thanks, loud mouthed lefty friend. smile smile Ironies abound!

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
PMags and more PMags.
I find HK to be the smoothest feeding magazine. Expensive, as everything HK.

Last edited by CopperSolid; 06/24/22.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nothing but good experiences with PMag, Lancer, and Daniel Defense.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Look for this thread to go on for 10 more pages saying the same schit over and over.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr

That's cool, John.

Thanks.
Here's one

Well played. grin

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 06/25/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NVhntr

That's cool, John.

Thanks.
Here's one

Thank you.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
And this bit from Henderson Defense,

“ USGI mags have outlasted all of the other brands. We use UGSI (Brownell's with tan follower) and on a mag for mag basis, they have outlasted Pmags and a few of the other mags that we get from mfg'ers with new weapons. We don't have to worry about various generations with different weapons like the MR556, SCAR, F2000, Tavor or a couple of others that use AR15/M4 magazines.”

Science believes in evolution and global warming. I believe in rounds fired.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
And this bit from Henderson Defense,

“ USGI mags have outlasted all of the other brands. We use UGSI (Brownell's with tan follower) and on a mag for mag basis, they have outlasted Pmags and a few of the other mags that we get from mfg'ers with new weapons. We don't have to worry about various generations with different weapons like the MR556, SCAR, F2000, Tavor or a couple of others that use AR15/M4 magazines.”

Science believes in evolution and global warming. I believe in rounds fired.

Henderson only worries and tracks round counts.

PMags are proven to be the most reliable magazines for combat use.

If one is supplying mags for tourists to burn out barrels then metal mags might last longer and save you a few dollars over millions of rounds.

If the US Army or Marine Corps is buying magazines for combat reliability they choose PMags due to the proven better reliability.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
“Studies” can be found to support any side of the situation you want. I shoot both.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
“Studies” can be found to support any side of the situation you want. I shoot both.

Feel free to post a link to any studies that show Pmags are not the most reliable.

Thanks.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I just did above

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Do you think he’s gonna rent a gun with mags that aren’t reliable?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
I just did above

Post any quote from the ARFcom Henderson thread that quantifiably addresses feeding reliability.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by TWR
Do you think he’s gonna rent a gun with mags that aren’t reliable?

As has been said many times in this thread other mags can work fine for tourists and others not interested in the best reliability.

If you want the best combat reliability PMags are proven to offer such.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Beyond round count. Another deal are drop tests. The Gen3 PMag gets little cracks, so it fails, although still functional. The aluminum one bends all to chit, binds up and fails to function, although it doesn't crack and passes the test. Sounds very sciency. LOL

This, copied and pasted may be of interest... From a pretty good discussion. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?193786-Why-PMAGs-are-better-than-aluminum-USGI

"To add a few points...yes, you can drop an M3 and break it after a few drops if it hits right. Your USGI Mag would be non functional at the same point, however, and the cracked PMAG will still feed fine.

Yeah, there were some tweaks required to the 2007 PMAG for some guns. A decade ago. The M3 stop is there for a good reason, and if you want the other benefits of the mag, yes lowers that deviate from normal dimensions require alteration to the stop...but if you don't have a weird lower, it's a complete non-issue. Certainly not for anything built to TDP.

M3's were not redesigned. A tiny rib was added to deal with ammunition on the smaller end of SAAMI spec that could exhibit the transposition issue. Never was an issue with function, and apart from a few outliers, only on the early M3 20 did it prevent insertion when combined with the right rifle and ammunition. We made the change anyway. We have test data both before and after the change, and it doesn't affect anything else. Sinlesssorrow, why didn't you swap those out? You still can. If you're seeing the issue with mags you have, just swap them for new ones. We'll gladly do so, as has always been our policy.

We've long ago covered the whole long term storage thing on this very forum. There are plenty of guys in service right now who have PMAGS that have been on 3, 4, or more deployments. So that part should not be in question.

Lots of folks want to give USGI mags a pass, "Oh it was old" or "it was past service life" or "you just didn't take care of them". I'll agree that the USGI is not a "bad" mag with many ammunition types in certain iterations, although every change picatinny has made has seemingly made it worse. What cannot be said, however, in the face of the body of test data that now exists, is that the USGI is "as good as" the PMAG M3 and certainly not better by any stretch or interpretation of data. Not clean, not dirty, not with multiple types of currently issued ammo. Maybe extreme long term longevity in protected environments without rough handling, like non-maneuvering range use.

It's fine if someone "prefers" USGI, or any other mag, for form factor, fit in pouches, familiarity, or whatever. There's just not much of an argument that can be made based on feeding performance to support any choice other than PMAG GEN M3, especially with currently issued ammunition types.

Duane Liptak, Jr.
Executive Vice President
Magpul... "

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 06/26/22.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
S/S ASC's for me. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
In my experience the GI and green followers are every bit as good as a Magpul but Magpuls tend to damage when dropped on the hard deck more often. Yes they'll still function when cracked but cracked is cracked and you now have a mag relegated to range use only.

H&K or similar tend to do the worst on concrete pads for obvious reasons.

I use plenty of both USGI and Magpul and have never seen any real world difference. The only thing that would influence my decision one way or another would be price and only if buying in large quantity.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (1234, 160user, 12344mag, 204guy, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.