Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SandBilly
RBG rolling over…
I hope her rotting, vermin infested corpse bursts into flames.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Heym06
All I see is now the states that are pro abortion, will now ask their tax payers to pay, instead of using federal tax money. What does this do to planned parenthood. Do they continue to get fed money, or do the states now foot that bill. Being ignorant on the subject just wondering.!
This has nothing to do with tax payer money. The money allocated to PP by congress will still go to PP. PP will use it in the states that allow it and into it's political fund.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Glad to see that Roberts hasn’t completely rolled over tothe other side.
He has rolled over.

The decision to overturn R v W was a 5-4 decision, Robert’s voting with the left
Steve, I thought the decision was 6-3?

Different Steve, but Roberts didn't join in the majority opinion, but wrote a separate one to just allow the Mississippi law to stand but not overturn RvW. So he voted yes, but not totally yes.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RBG stated publicly a number of times that Roe was wrongly decided, for the exact reasons provided in the decision.

RBG rolling over…

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any day power is taken from the Feds and given back to the States is a good day.

AMENDMENT X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter
RBG stated publicly a number of times that Roe was wrongly decided, for the exact reasons provided in the decision.

RBG rolling over…

That’s what I hear..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Muffin
Yesterday they lamented about children being killed, today they lament because they can't................
Number one post of the DAY!!!

Congrats, sir... You nailed it like a PRO!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Donald Trump OWNS this!!!! God bless him!!

Don't forget to also give credit to the Senator that everybody loves to hate (which I completely understand), Mitch McConnell. If he hadn't prevented Merrick from being appointed by Obama, who knows if this would have come to pass. With Merrick on the court, Roberts might've sided with the liberal contingent.
The driving force behind that was Charles Grassley. He was the chair of the Judicial committee and Mitch the bitch kept Garland's name off the floor at Charles' request as I understand it.

kwg

I don't doubt it. But still, gotta give the Old Crow a bit of credit for taking the heat and not allowing the vote to take place. No telling what might've happened if Garland's nomination had made it to a vote.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
RBG rolling over…

I'm thinking a rotisserie.

Actually, RBG knew all along it was bad law and vulnerable to challenge and being overturned.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve
He has rolled over.

The decision to overturn R v W was a 5-4 decision, Robert’s voting with the left

Different Steve, but Roberts didn't join in the majority opinion, but wrote a separate one to just allow the Mississippi law to stand but not overturn RvW. So he voted yes, but not totally yes.
Robert’s voted yes on the Mississippi case, that case was 6-3, Robert’s voted NO to overturn R v W that ruling was 5-4.

Two separate rulings.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
RBG rolling over…

I'm thinking a rotisserie.

Actually, RBG knew all along it was bad law and vulnerable to challenge and being overturned.
As did every politician scared [bleep] that the SC would some day have a conservative majority.

It was bad law and everybody knew it, everybody.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
He has rolled over.

Robert’s voted yes on the Mississippi case, that case was 6-3, Robert’s voted NO to overturn R v W that ruling was 5-4.

Two separate rulings.

Dissenting Opinions AND Concurring Opinions have NO weight or authority as precedent...............

...they do give insight as to the thoughts of the Justices, in writing.

Which is a curiosity. During Confirmation they are quite punctilious about NOT informing us of their thoughts on a matter that may come before them in the future.....

They seem to abandon that when writing Concurring and Dissenting OPINIONS.... which have NO weight, OTHER than to inform what one might expect in the future.........

Last edited by Muffin; 06/24/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The 213-page Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs -v- Jackson (Mississippi case) The ruling in the Dobbs case was 6-3 in favor of allowing Mississippi to place limits on abortion after 15 weeks.
However, in combination with the Dobbs decision the court has overturned (by a 5-4 vote) the 1972 Roe -vs- Wade decision that created a constitutional right to abortion.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined with the majority on the Dobbs decision (Mississippi) but said he did not agree with the decision to overturn Roe. The vote to overturn Roe was 5-4. Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett joined Justice Samuel Alito’s opinion.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-and-returns-abortion-law-to-the-states/

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The court has used dissenting opinions before in overturning previous rulings. Roe was pulled out of thin air and even the majority opinion conflicted itself. There never was anything in the 14th to sustain Roe. It has been used as a sacrament for democrats ever since wrongly decided. They won't stop now. it is more important than ever to elect constitutional conservatives to both houses so we can cut the funding for PP and many other liberal leftist causes. The problem with leftist justices like RBG is they would vote for Roe knowing and admitting that it's bad law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's always amazed me how a court could find anything related to abortion in the constitution other than the 10th Amend. which so clearly gives that power to the states.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
How about Amendment 5--"No PERSON shall.......be deprived of LIFE, liberty, or property, without due process of law"? Would not this require every case to be brought before a court before proceeding?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It was bad law and everybody knew it, everybody.
Absolutely. It was an exercise of raw despotic judicial power to legislate from the bench, absent any basis in law.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Proof, democrats love children being killed so long as they are the ones killing them.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Murder is not healthcare.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He has rolled over.

Two separate rulings.
Spineless Traitor wants to have his cake and eat it too.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The 213-page Supreme Court ruling in Dobbs -v- Jackson (Mississippi case) The ruling in the Dobbs case was 6-3 in favor of allowing Mississippi to place limits on abortion after 15 weeks.
However, in combination with the Dobbs decision the court has overturned (by a 5-4 vote) the 1972 Roe -vs- Wade decision that created a constitutional right to abortion.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined with the majority on the Dobbs decision (Mississippi) but said he did not agree with the decision to overturn Roe. The vote to overturn Roe was 5-4. Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett joined Justice Samuel Alito’s opinion.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-and-returns-abortion-law-to-the-states/

Thanks for the clarification. Roberts squished, again...

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 405joe, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,381 guests, and 687 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.