Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Sent the wrong rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
It will get resolved, waiting on a call tag.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Cabelas went to sheeet in a huge way. I live 20 min from the Hamburg , Pa. Store and when they opened, I think in ‘03, it was an event. For 10+ yrs saw liscense plates from all over the east, especially New England states. What I really loved was that I could buy “quality” boots and clothes for hunting and fishing and not have to send them back for not fitting. Never bought from the gun library, but drooled over many of their former offerings. Not any more. Not much different than Walmart

Home Of The Mollies
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
RIP! Condolences to all of those who remember it for what it was. Unfortunately, the evolution of many good businesses in America and it won't be the last.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sent the wrong rifle.

OMG!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Sent the wrong rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Completely.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sent the wrong rifle.

What rifle did they send?

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I bought a 270 win Model 70 as per their website and at least 3 gun library employees confirmed it was a 270 Win . I got a 270 WSM Model 70 instead. My FFL read off their invoice and it said 270 Winchester, he had to correct his books . Its ok , they gave me a call tag and it is going back tomorrow.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought one once that cabelas shipped to another store. The just threw the bolt in loose in the box with the rifle. It banged up the stock pretty good in transit. I was pissed because it's hard to find kimber Montanas in 7 wsm.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
when I bought my T3 Superlite 7 Mag at the Hamburg, PA in 2016, another guy was buying another Tikka right beside me, and same counter guy doing paperwork for both of us, started to put his name on my 4473! about 4 letters in he stops, squints at the computer, and lines out the start of that guy’s name! He then fills my 4473 out, I do my part, sale is complete, I leave all smiles. About 3 weeks later I get an urgent call from Cabelas to please call them back. WTF? I call them, sales manager says my 4473 was flagged as a potential straw purchase, and I might have to come in to refill another one out. Ummm, are you going to pay me gas money for your screw up? I live 2 hours and 15 minutes from you!!! Next day counter dude calls me, says after they were notified by BATF about a possible sketchy 4473, he checked the date, pulled the sales info, and explained the reason for the “almost wrong name” was his screw up! Well gee thanks man! No way I wasn’t coming home from an extra trip without gas money or some free gear. Maybe that guy works at the one Oldelkhunter got the wrong rifle from!

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
when I bought my T3 Superlite 7 Mag at the Hamburg, PA in 2016, another guy was buying another Tikka right beside me, and same counter guy doing paperwork for both of us, started to put his name on my 4473! about 4 letters in he stops, squints at the computer, and lines out the start of that guy’s name! He then fills my 4473 out, I do my part, sale is complete, I leave all smiles. About 3 weeks later I get an urgent call from Cabelas to please call them back. WTF? I call them, sales manager says my 4473 was flagged as a potential straw purchase, and I might have to come in to refill another one out. Ummm, are you going to pay me gas money for your screw up? I live 2 hours and 15 minutes from you!!! Next day counter dude calls me, says after they were notified by BATF about a possible sketchy 4473, he checked the date, pulled the sales info, and explained the reason for the “almost wrong name” was his screw up! Well gee thanks man! No way I wasn’t coming home from an extra trip without gas money or some free gear. Maybe that guy works at the one Oldelkhunter got the wrong rifle from!

Doc_Holidude

Pictures and serial number on pictures were accurate , they had the cartridge listed as a 270 Winchester .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've bought a few from them. Bass Pro. Enough said

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s just mind boggling that all the needed info was in front of them, the gun was in front of them…not sure what more they need! This is basically a far more expensive and time consuming equivalent of a pimple faced teenager not being able to read a ticket at a fast food joint, and giving you a chicken sandwich instead of a cheeseburger.

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
It’s just mind boggling that all the needed info was in front of them, the gun was in front of them…not sure what more they need! This is basically a far more expensive and time consuming equivalent of a pimple faced teenager not being able to read a ticket at a fast food joint, and giving you a chicken sandwich instead of a cheeseburger.

Case in point: there are a lot of dumb azzes working behind the counter that don't know much about guns.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Chik-fil-A or bust! whistle

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Yeah, they are facing labor shortages and a lack of qualified people that know anything about guns.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Asspro made gun buying at Cabelas a huge PITA all the yuppy asholes in their management no doubt. Can't do it in person blow it off...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Was in a gunshop in Mitchell SD right across the street from cabelas the guy I talked to worked in Gun dep
At
Cabelas for years he loved it till the bass pro thing
They treated them like crap and he quit said it was like working at Walmart so why should they care if your gun gets shipped in a timely manner

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 12 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 686 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.