Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Last summer I finally found my own 17 Hornet Varmint Rifle - if this rig and gear had been on the market then I would have bought it instead!
The Rifle is a heavy barrel MINT/perfect condition CZ Model 527 Varmint in the aforementioned 17 Hornet caliber.
The gear that comes with it comes in a medium size styrofoam cooler and the cooler is filled with new brass, Redding dies, two 17 caliber powder funnels, primers, loaded factory Hornady ammo and more (I ran out of space for notes on the back of a business card!). In addition to the Redding die set in the normal plastic case there was a single die of unknown function in a Redding smaller single die cardboard green box - I did not open this box and don't know what this die does (neck-die?).
The gun appears unfired and much of the loading components and dies appears the same (unused/unopened)?
There are no scope rings with the Rifle.
The asking price is a sobering $1,499.00 for it all (no sales tax in Montana). The price gave me reason to wonder and then to go to gunbreaker.com to compare and once I did that I thought maybe I better pass this deal on to my fellow CampFirers.
I have NO financial interest in the Rifle - nor do I know the previous owner.
The gunshop can be reached 7 days a week at 406-682-4210
Or via internet at: https://www.shedhorn.com/
I hope someone can use this handsome (very nice stock!) Rifle and components - I am sure the store would provide photos and additional information.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I have two Varminting buddies that shoot this same model Rifle in 17 Hornet and they both get excellent accuracy from them.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks VarmintGuy!

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shedhorn is a nice shop.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Shedhorn is a nice shop.
I've heard that same thing. There are several shops in MT I'd like to visit.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Son of Gael & OSU Sig: Indeed it was/is an especially nifty place for top of the line guns to come into - the shop is located in kind of a remote but WEALTHY area of Montana with countless gun enthusiasts living near and within driving distance of it.
There are NEW owners there now - as of a couple months ago and they seem VERY friendly and helpful although "cash" does not speak quite as loud with them as it did with the previous owner.
They have MANY wonderful guns in their racks and on their shelves right now including a rather rare and beautiful condition Model 50 Smith & Wesson and two Model 53 "Jets".
I am also interested in a MINT Colt Diamondback in 22 L.R. they have right now.
Someone bought an especially rare S&W U.S.A.F. revolver issued to pilots a month ago from them - it was in the $3,500.00 price range and like I said it sold.
One customer that was in late this past winter bought 10 (ten!) from their inventory of used pistols and revolvers (no sales tax in Montana) the day I was there.
Lots of Montanans trust this shop to sell their collections and many guns are on consignment there.
They have an online picture inventory going now at the above link.
This shop is worth the visit IMO.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't get to MT very often, on my one stop at Shedhorn I was really impressed. Lots of neat stuff, there was a No.1 RSI I could hardly put down, but I'd blown my gun budget at Capital in Helena the day before; maybe I should have worked a trade. 😹

Best to you VG & OSU.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Son of the Gael: The above Rifle and gear has sold't!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bought a CZ 527 Varmint .17 Hornet the first year they offered them, and it was extremely accurate from the first range session. That Shedhorn deal was a good one!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Saw that rifle when I was in there for their “re-grand opening” a few weeks ago. Had it been a sporter model it would have been tempting.
Walked out with a screaming deal on some 9mm ammo instead.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Mule Deer & Nimrod1949: I am/was out of the loop on CZ prices but after checking around a bit and the quality of the gun and the gear had me interested - not so much for myself but for others who may want to get into the 17 Hornet "game".
One of my friends killed a large boar Badger with his CZ 527 in 17 Hornet about two months ago - I was not along with him when he got it but he said it was a one shot kill at 150 yards or so.
This was my second spring Varmint season with my 17 Hornet and I have sure been impressed with the nifty little round.
I was in the Shedhorn Sports store yesterday and it was "standing room only"!
The kind of light migration of tourists this summer seemed to all have congregated in the Shedhorn at once yesterday. I was interested in a Ruger MK-III that was previously owned but unfired ANIB it was a stainless heavy barrel "Hunter" version and it was offered to me at $425.00 (original asking price $450.00) when I had seen it last week - and alas yesterday when I went back it was gone down the road as well.
They sell a LOT of guns there - two folks were doing purchase paperwork while I was there yesterday - one was from out of state.
The owners and the gun department folks have ALWAYS been up front, honest, helpful and knowledgeable with me and my dealings/shopping.
Long live Shedhorn Sports.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.