Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
West Coast Refineries are critical for national security. We have to deal with the creeps until that is gone. We could get much of our produce from Mexico. A train line to Alaska to midwest would take care of the ports which are a mess anyways. Alaska could have big ports at Seward, Anchorage, and Dutch Harbor and skip West Coast if there was a rail system to L48.

That would be totally inadequate to conduct sea trade on the west coast. For one thing the weather along the Alaskan coast is often terrible.

Most of what moves east from the left coast comes on trucks on US and Interstate highways. That may or may not cause problems if the left coast were a liberal environmentalist utopia.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If the West Coast Goes we largely pick up Eastern BC through Alberta. The folks in the other provinces are more ready to go than we are. They hate fidel Jr. and the S**t show that much of Western BC has become.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by ingwe
I hope and pray they secede, and we cut them off.Completely.

Then you want no access to the Pacific Ocean or the major food producing regions? This pipe dream has terrible consequences, even worse than leaving them alone as part of the country as a whole.

Keep the lands; eliminate the communists.

There would be revenue in it for them to grant us access to their ports, and they would readily sell their produce to the rest of the country. They would need every feasible revenue stream, due to the massive amount of dead beats on their payroll. We would be just fine.

"fine"?

Not if they decided who gets the food and at what prices would we be fine.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If anybody in their wildest dreams, think that a secession of the left coast is even remotely possible, I suggest mental health counseling. California alone, is still the 5th largest economy in the world GDP. It would fall between Germany #4 and push the UK to #6. Portland and Port Kalama OR export over 17 million metric tons of food grains annually. Seattle and Tacoma export 16 million tons. You think the cash cow clowns in DC are going to sit on their asses and let that slip away? Not to mention losing 6 staunch Democrat Senators and God knows how many Dem Representatives in the House. Let's find something more cogent to speculate about...perhaps the viability of an all electric ranch pickup, or a tax rollback.

Dude aren't there a lot of industry already getting out of those hell holes. I would imagine in a few years time Capitalism would win out and all you would have is esentially Cuba. And the tariffs that I would hope the US Government would put on those states that seceeded would ruin them.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think we should invade, deport all the leftist scum and bring it back to it's 70's glory. In fact we should do this to the entire country.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thirtyotsix
If anybody in their wildest dreams, think that a secession of the left coast is even remotely possible, I suggest mental health counseling. California alone, is still the 5th largest economy in the world GDP. It would fall between Germany #4 and push the UK to #6. Portland and Port Kalama OR export over 17 million metric tons of food grains annually. Seattle and Tacoma export 16 million tons. You think the cash cow clowns in DC are going to sit on their asses and let that slip away? Not to mention losing 6 staunch Democrat Senators and God knows how many Dem Representatives in the House. Let's find something more cogent to speculate about...perhaps the viability of an all electric ranch pickup, or a tax rollback.

Dude aren't there a lot of industry already getting out of those hell holes. I would imagine in a few years time Capitalism would win out and all you would have is esentially Cuba. And the tariffs that I would hope the US Government would put on those states that seceeded would ruin them.

Where the heck are you getting your information from? Chicken little was more interesting than this ridiculous conversation.

California is losing a bunch of industry due to over regulation and taxation, but even if they lost 10% of their industrial base they would still be the largest economy in the US by far. Oregon and Washington rely on farming for their major industries, and electronics and tech companies are next and they aren't going anywhere any time soon.. if I were to assume some of the ridiculous crp about the south or east coast that some of you believe about the left coast I would expect to be thought a fool....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
if California broke away, they would be the 5th largest economy in the world, I believe ahead of the UK. If Washington and Oregon went with them, they would probably rank right behind China. America would drop far away from first place. This ain't gonna happen

Sam......

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
If CA, WA, and OR secedes from the union then what is stopping rural CA, OR, WA from seceding from CA, OR, & WA? Nothing. They could then form there own state(s) and rejoin the Union or be independent. The parts of those states that actually farm, fish, drill, and produce are run by people who would love to shed themselves of any input from the big cities. So I’m not worried.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not one freaking inch. Take the west coast back. Force the trash into the ocean. Let SA Chuckles save them.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Not one freaking inch. Take the west coast back. Force the trash into the ocean. Let SA Chuckles save them.
Kinda like Putin is doing in ukrainia?

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Futura
If CA, WA, and OR secedes from the union then what is stopping rural CA, OR, WA from seceding from CA, OR, & WA? Nothing. They could then form there own state(s) and rejoin the Union or be independent. The parts of those states that actually farm, fish, drill, and produce are run by people who would love to shed themselves of any input from the big cities. So I’m not worried.
I was active in the Jefferson State movement for many years. Finally our very conservative State Assemblyman getting frustrated with my talking without thinking sat me down over a cup of coffee and explained it in terms even I could understand. He said, the Sacramento and San Joaquin Valleys are the breadbasket of the Pacific Rim, nobody disputes that, so do you think the megalithic corporate agriculture industry with their billions of dollars are going to let Jefferson 51 (as it's referred to locally) control and sell the water supply to their industry? (Shasta Dam, Trinity Dam, Oroville Dam etc,)
I have no more dreams of forming 51, but still donate time and money just to be a pain in the ass to the Democrats in Sacramento.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Diesel
The land is too valuable to just let it go.

California is, geographically, an awesome place.

So is Haiti.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
True, true, but one can't help but notice how much time and money Texans spend to get the hell out of Texas as often as they can.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
True, true, but one can't help but notice how much time and money Texans spend to get the hell out of Texas as often as they can.

Yup...Texans are moving to the Oakland/Seattle are as fast as we can.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by MarkWV

Ummm … I’m think’n this would be a Two Front Carnival…
So with that Said..

Roll Them or They Roll You

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (6mmbrfan, 35, 14idaho, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 705 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.