Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
1234 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
i've got one ordered for a 700 rem. and hoping it lives up to my expectations?

Ed

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great triggers!!!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They are excellent triggers. I used to use Timney. I have zero Timney triggers in my 700s now and have six Trigger Techs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I put one on my 6mm Rem 700. It had a professional trigger job already but folks here made me nervous about it since I will leave it to my son one day.

The TT was cost effective. It went in easy but I did have to shave a tiny bit of the stock around the safety. Don't let that scare you, it was very easy and very minor.
The trigger itself is very crisp as one would like. It is adjustable but mine was perfectly set from factory for my taste.

The only negative I would mention is that the safety is rather spongy and doesn't really click on\off with much of a feel. I think with gloves or mittens or pulling across fabric (like a wool coat) one 'could' take it off safety without knowing. Not sure if this is just on my single instance or more common.

I would still buy another but might try a different brand to compare before doing that.

Last edited by kenjs1; 06/26/22.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
You’ll love it!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Shilen makes an excellent trigger for the 700

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Got one on a 700, love it!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by jwp475

Yes--and so do Timney and Trigger Tech.

I like Trigger Techs, but to tell the truth cannot feel the vast difference between their pull and a Timney or Shilen that some people claim to. Or or for that matter a properly adjusted and/or tuned factory 700 trigger.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I like Trigger Techs, but to tell the truth cannot feel the vast difference between their pull and a Timney or Shilen that some people claim to. Or or for that matter a properly adjusted and/or tuned factory 700 trigger.

Agree

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I put one on my 6mm Rem 700. It had a professional trigger job already but folks here made me nervous about it since I will leave it to my son one day.

The TT was cost effective. It went in easy but I did have to shave a tiny bit of the stock around the safety. Don't let that scare you, it was very easy and very minor.
The trigger itself is very crisp as one would like. It is adjustable but mine was perfectly set from factory for my taste.

The only negative I would mention is that the safety is rather spongy and doesn't really click on\off with much of a feel. I think with gloves or mittens or pulling across fabric (like a wool coat) one 'could' take it off safety without knowing. Not sure if this is just on my single instance or more common.

I would still buy another but might try a different brand to compare before doing that.
The safety “feel” is my only complaint as well.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Every gunsmith i know who used to use Timney has switched to Trigger Tech, im in the TT camp myself for anything 1-2.5 lbs and factory action.
My Defiance i run a Diamond at 10oz its nice.
I have shot Jewels and 1 Bix n Andy tacsport pro it was really nice i would use those in a factory action if you want less than a 1lb.
The ability to adjust a TT while its still in the stock is also a great feature.

Last edited by sherm_61; 06/26/22.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Trigger tech is a fine trigger. Timney as well. Won't go far wrong with either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Timney or Trigger Tech - I don’t see any advantage one or the other.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Not a gunwriter.

The safety on my timney is very positive and it is an US company. I didn't have to fiddle with bending the bolt release on the Timney like I did the TT to get it to work. The TT design may have advantage in very dirty conditions, according to them, but I am not going to drop either in a mud puddle to determine if it is an accurate assessment. If I hadn't gotten into practicing offhand and preferring a sub-three pound pull I would kept the Walker triggers on my two remaining Remingtons. I can't tell the difference between the TT and the Timney pulls but I am just a duffer rifleman.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It was said above and true with me also, I used to have lots of Timney triggers and now have none. They
were slowly but surely replaced by TriggerTech.

Timney does make a fine aftermarket trigger. However the TriggerTech product is so much easier to adjust
that it makes the purchase decision a no-brainer.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Given what John wrote about not being able to tell the difference between an after market trigger and a professionally tuned stock (presumably early 60's Walker) should a guy still spend the money for a Trigger Tech? My seldom used 700 7mm Rm was reworked by Brown Precision and the metal work by Shilen. It has never been an issue, but given that the Walker was professionally tuned, should a guy leave it or change it?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I cannot tell the difference between the Trigger Tech and the Timneys I put in Rem700s I build.

I cannot even tell the difference from the stock Remington trigger....I just replace the stock rem triggers because they might be unsafe.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I replaced the factory trigger on my Bergara B-14R with a TT Diamond and the result is night and day better.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DCR48
Trigger tech is a fine trigger. Timney as well. Won't go far wrong with either.

I have some of both. And agree with this statement.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Windfall
Given what John wrote about not being able to tell the difference between an after market trigger and a professionally tuned stock (presumably early 60's Walker) should a guy still spend the money for a Trigger Tech? My seldom used 700 7mm Rm was reworked by Brown Precision and the metal work by Shilen. It has never been an issue, but given that the Walker was professionally tuned, should a guy leave it or change it?
I wouldn't change out a well tuned Walker trigger.

The newer Remington X Mark triggers are a POS and the only good place for them is a landfill.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.