Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I know no one wants to hear this, but he does raise an interesting point. Kavanaugh testified that Roe v Wade was settled precedent so he does have some explaining to do. While the decision was not a ban on abortion, Kavanaugh previous statements opens the door to some level of scrutiny.
He doesn't have to say squat. What is anyone going to do about? Bitch & moan. That's it.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the ones who should have been impeached were the justices who passed Roe Wade in the 1st place and called it 'constitutional'.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Muffin
ALL Court Opinions are settled precedent..............

Until they're NOT!
Exactly. Plessy v. Ferguson was settled law till it wasn't. Sadly, Plessy was good law, and the ruling that overturned it (Brown v Board of Ed) was as bad and lawless a ruling as Roe.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
the ones who should have been impeached were the justices who passed Roe Wade in the 1st place and called it 'constitutional'.
Bingo! Followed by a swift hanging.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Muffin
ALL Court Opinions are settled precedent..............

Until they're NOT!

PROOF lies in the reality that people continue to file suit to change existing opinion and precedent....

If precedent was sacrosanct, why would anyone sue to change it????
Correct , STRSWilson is an idiot.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know no one wants to hear this, but he does raise an interesting point. Kavanaugh testified that Roe v Wade was settled precedent so he does have some explaining to do. While the decision was not a ban on abortion, Kavanaugh previous statements opens the door to some level of scrutiny.

LOL

You fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
If I was Kav I’d be looking over my Shoulder cuz the Maine Crab Trap is going to put Nor'easter on Him.
All 4ft of it ..
I’ve often wonder why all those NE politicians are all only 4ft tall that Crispy Coon ain’t 4ft..

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Me too Charlie,, trying to be relevant and keep living on the dole

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Three generations of imbeciles is enough." Holmes, Jr. J., Buck v. Bell, 274 U.S. 200, 207 (1927)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Actually this is a very pertinent question. My response would be that Kavanaugh listened to the arguments for and against and decided abortion was not a "right" as defined in the Constitution. It is not a matter for the federal government, it fell under the Tenth Ammendment and under state jurisdiction.
Justice Thomas has suggested three other cases be readjudicated which involves "rights" not defined in the Constitution. One is the "right"to birth control, one is the"right" for same sex marriage and I don't remember the third.
Politicians say one thing while campaigning and do something completely different after they get elected. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. And yes it would be refreshing to see someone like Boebert ask the next SC nominee " the Second Ammendment says shall not be infringed! How do you interpret that? " Would they say "I cannot described infringed?"

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by akrange
Key West does things to the Human Anatomy..
I’ll bet it’s a Hole n One ..
I’ve always wondered if Charlie was the Head of the European Central Bank .
I’m Telling Ya ..

To most crackers or long time Floridians, Charlie Crist brings nothing more than a snicker.
This.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Ah the old Libertarian speaks his BS. You are the type of people that caused all of what is going on right now. Oh, also just to add why Georgia is so F'uped right now. And yes, no wants to hear your babbling.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
When the 'justice-in-waiting' rules on a case where she displays a very clear understanding of what a woman is should she also be impeached?????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some years back I testified before the Florida Siting Board, of which he was the chairman. I asked a question that made him hide behind his computer. Most of the audience was smiling. 🤣

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 45_100

Actually this is a very pertinent question. My response would be that Kavanaugh listened to the arguments for and against and decided abortion was not a "right" as defined in the Constitution. It is not a matter for the federal government, it fell under the Tenth Ammendment and under state jurisdiction.
Justice Thomas has suggested three other cases be readjudicated which involves "rights" not defined in the Constitution. One is the "right"to birth control, one is the"right" for same sex marriage and I don't remember the third.
Politicians say one thing while campaigning and do something completely different after they get elected. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. And yes it would be refreshing to see someone like Boebert ask the next SC nominee " the Second Ammendment says shall not be infringed! How do you interpret that? " Would they say "I cannot described infringed?"
Roe V Wade despite being 100% legislation from the bench has always been a litmus test for the left. Good luck getting confirmed if a potential SCJ said as much. Essentially forced to be dishonest in order to be confirmed and actually uphold the Constitution as their oath requires. The left couldn’t be more wrong in Constitutional law but they pretend to support the 2A as far as lip service when in front of the Senate seeking confirmation. The ONLY thing that matters is that correct constitutional law was interpreted.

Let’s impeach a few SCJ’s for blatantly lying when taking their oath to uphold the US Constitution.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

If you wanna play that game….

I seem to remember the last confirmation nominee (Ketanji Brown???) said she couldn’t define the word “woman” I also remember some questionable answers from Kagan and Sotomayor….. you really want to crawl down that hole?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.