Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sure have, more than once.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Azmarlin39a
I’ve done it when I was younger, but won’t stop to help a stranger today. Too many wacky people out there nowadays, and we all have cellphones.

Do you Open carry or CC?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Yes, I stop for older people and Women.

^^^that^^^ Many times, and will continue doing so.

Thread reminds me of elder daughter having a flat at university and calling dad. Told her get started, and I'll be there in 10 minutes from office. Showed up, she's in car, engine running, yacking on phone. So, being a mentoring-type dad, I opened the trunk, showed her where the spare tire compartment was, and got back in my car to watch. Boy was she pi$$ed. Despite consulting the owner manual, I had to run over an prevent her from putting a hole in the floorpan with an errantly placed scissor jack. But, one week later, we had a dinner party and she proudly recounted how she replaced a flat tire all by herself.

Another time she & her sister noticed one of the tires on their car getting low. Gave them the pancake compressor and encouraged them to git r dun. After ten minutes of not figuring it out (despite watching me do it a dozen times), youngest returned to the garage, grabbed a bicycle pump, and filled tire with enough air to get to station.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I ALWAYS stop and ask if I can help... couple of times a month. Most times they don't need help or have someone on the way... just how I was raised. Black/white/poor/wealthy... matters not. Just the right thing to do.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tried once

woman acted like I was going to rape her, told me very curtly she didn't need any help, so I left

didn't think I gave off a rapey vibe but I guess you never know.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes when I was younger a few times. Also, stopped many times to help anyone stuck on the side of the road.
I was a mechanic and always got them going. Never took a dime for anyone in trouble, even when they tried to force it on me.

-Ken

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
change tires, jump started and pulled them out of ditches...

Ted
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No.

But I always give a cheerful “beep-beep” as I drive by which I think most people find encouraging.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yes, older people and women. Have not done so in years and not sure I would tdy, might be a set up to rob me.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yes - but it was 1985

I was on my way to my Grandfathers funeral, and still in uniform (was in the air force at the time), and I stopped in Syracuse NY to on highway 90 on a Friday night when I saw a Caddy with an older gent standing outside looking at a blown tire.

Turns out the guy was an editor on the Syracuse paper, the guy didn’t say a thing, he only asked me my name and why I was traveling. I was in a hurry.. my Grandfather was one of the best men I knew and I wanted to be back there…
— about a week later he did a write up on it, and the First Sargent came down to our office with the article…

Huh..

It’s sad the world has made doing good things so dangerous

Last edited by Spotshooter; 06/27/22.
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have done it a few times . Only once did I speed away .
They jumped the gun and a swarm of people came running up to the guardrail as I pulled in , mashed the gas and hauled ass .
No cell phones back then and dropped word at the next exit . lady got on the horn to local police .
I moved on , hope nobody got had .
Kenneth

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Yep, several times. I changed a tire for a UNCC college student about 10 years ago. She stayed on the phone with someone the entire time. Never said “thanks “, just waved, jumped in her Mustang left. I just laughed and went into a Subway to wash my hands. My daughter will be a freshman at UNC Chapel Hill this fall. I hope someone will stop to help her if she is in a tough situation. Although she can change her own tire. smile

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Yes but only for older folks or women.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Big D and I were out shooting crows early one frosty Sunday morning deep in the heart of Caswell county. Riding down a gravel road we came up on a old deuce and a quarter with a flat, four elderly black ladies standing around, no spare. I think we scared the hell out them when we pulled over and two big rednecks got out and began shuffling a couple of rifles around to get behind the seat of my truck. This was back in the 80's before anyone had a cell phone.

Took out my travel air pump and a plug kit and had them back on the road in about 30 minutes. Strongly suggested they get a spare.

Turned out they were en-route to a AME camp meeting and made us two plates of fried chicken with all the sides you load on a paper plate.

Still remember eating that feast from the tailgate of my old short bed '83 GMC and washing it down with cold Bud leftover from the night before.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sure.

Retired cat herder.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
daughter had a flat coming home from college

she was so unprepared for it she didn't even know she had a flat. I take responsibility for that

but in the trunk she had a full size spare tire with matching wheel, a breaker bar with a 19mm socket for the lugs and a small hydraulic floor jack with a couple of 12" 2X6's.

So a state trooper pulled over to check on her and then changed her tire. I'd like to think its because I made it easier to change the tire. I made sure she got his name, and while she thanked him, I reached out to him and let him know that I appreciated him taking care of my daughter

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Some boys with Allison Racing changed a tire for my wife when she was pregnant with our oldest. I was in Arkansas duck hunting at the time. When I got home I took some pecan pies in there for the boys and thanked them. I never drive by there without thinking about those boys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Flat tires, stuck vehicles, broke down vehicles, stranded drivers.

I picked up a kid along Northbound I-75 in Michigan on a Sunday night in January. Young guy was so cold that when he handed me back my cell phone after calling his brother, the phone was cold. Dropped him at the next rest area where his brother was going to meet him.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Yep, a couple of times

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (300_savage, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 5sdad, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 13 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,386
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.