Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
We are going to Cozumel for a week in August, Lake Belton for 5 days. Anybody else?

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes. To the high country!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No. Add that to the long list of things I’ve never done.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just got back from mine yesterday

travel nightmare flying

would not recommend

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We went on a trip earlier in the month, we missed all the cancellations but the people who were traveling with us got stuck at LaGuardia overnight.

That had to suck. Airlines just aren't staffed up to handle the amount of traffic.

Shut down the economy and it causes all kinds of unintended consequences.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes
Have the whole week planned out

Going to organize my neckties alphabetically by primary color.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Next month the wife and I will be flying up to Gettysburg, PA to spend a week with her brother and his wife. They will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary, and want us to be there for the festivities.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope, just the normal summer in north Idaho. We will be heading to Ketchikan late August to fish.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We were going to do one but with everything going on, might just work through. Maybe take a day or two off to visit with family. Kids are running a million directions, camps, trips with friends, summer sport practices, so will probably just bank roll. Take more time in the fall.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope - might, at most, go camping for a weekend or something at Pictured Rocks. Looking to do a trip to Italy next March.

Me

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
No. I'll get to the lake a couple of times but no week long vacation.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Mine was yesterday. This is what we call a “lake”. Last summer you could drive out onto the dry lakebed about 300 yards past the bushes. We gots water now.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Timbermaster; 06/27/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We had planned to, but the grandkids are kinda sickly, and require a lot of doctor trips, which the wife takes off for (her idiot daughters don't have decent vehicles and won't drive to "the big city" in their junkers. She's using up vacation days pretty fast. We'll be lucky to take our November vacation at this rate.

We didn't have any solid plans, anyway, though she wants to visit her sister in California sometime soon. That ain't gonna happen at these gas prices, anyway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not me

I will stay home like always, nap, eat cheap hot dogs and watch the same westerns my dementia old ass has seen 25 times.

Vacations are like walmart….no thanks

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just got back from a week of fun fishing in Florida. Next month it'll be Grindstone Island NY for a few weeks. In August it's off to SW VA to run some bears. We'll finish up our summer vacationing in September with a trip to Slippery Ann, MT for the elk rut. It's kind of nice to be simi retired and able to see some of the US of A.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
We went on a trip earlier in the month, we missed all the cancellations but the people who were traveling with us got stuck at LaGuardia overnight.

That had to suck. Airlines just aren't staffed up to handle the amount of traffic.

Shut down the economy and it causes all kinds of unintended consequences.
last weekend our 6am non stop flight was canceled. They notified us at 2:30am after we had already booked an airport hotel and spent the night.
The airline auto booked us on the next best available flight, a 8:10am flight with connections thru Atlanta, separate middle row seats for me and my wife

that flight was then delayed until 5:40pm. We went back home, out of pocket for the hotel. Around noon we were notified that flight was delayed until 8:40pm meaning we would miss the connecting flight in Atlanta.
Got on the phone, 2 hour wait time with Delta. Went to the airport, stood in line for 40 minutes, guy told us to take the 8:40PM flight, spend the night in Atlanta, they would give us a comped hotel, catch an early flight out next day. So we hand around the airport waiting for our 8:40pm flight

It gets canceled around 7:30 so I call Delta on a service phone and the woman says there is an 8pm flight to Orlando and I can catch a flight to Atlanta from there, we go to the Orlando desk, get setup on that plane, it gets delayed until we are landing about 15 minutes before the Atlanta flight takes off. Our seats are the last row of the plane, wife is stressing out, we hop up and cut in front of people apologizing that we have like 10 minutes to get on another flight. Luckily the Atlanta flight is delayed too and we get on. Arrive in Atlanta around midnight. As the Delta rep where we go to get the hotel voucher. She says there is a long line. That was an understatement. Probably 200 people in line to either get tickets or vouchers. About an hour in line a woman says no more hotel rooms to give out, you have to find one on your own. Now its somewhere around 1am and we have to be back at the airport at 5am so we're like screw it.

Next day we catch a flight, they were able to seat us together and got to where we needed to be on time but as soon we got settled, I ended up drinking 4 screwdrivers just to get things right with the world again. All told though I paid for a hotel room I didn't need, a hotel room that I couldn't cancel, and a car rental I couldn't pick up.

We just got our lost luggage delivered about 2 hours ago from our return flight yesterday.

flying is no cold water stream bidet of happiness , I will tell you that.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/27/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep the wife and I and another couple going to get on the bikes and head to sturgis sd. in august for a week then come back thru home and go on to the lake house on lake of the ozarks for a week. did not do anything last year but work the year away. so this year gonna spend some of that money!

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
We usually try for a week on Hatteras, early June before the season picks up but the water's warm enough to catch some fish. Sometimes a week in Aruba with friends in March or April. This year we couldn't do either. My wife has been too busy with work and both boys are home from school now. I'm kinda hoping in the back of my mind we can get away during a very narrow window of opportunity in August, something quick and easy: jump on a cruise ship down in the harbor and do one of those little 4 or 5 day runs to the Bahamas and back, but who knows? MIL is having surgery later this week and FIL is kinda circling the drain, so my wife is going up for a week or ten days to help them out. I'm hoping I can maybe get away sometime this fall for hunting trips up home with my brothers and out in Missouri with my sons.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jar
Yep the wife and I and another couple going to get on the bikes and head to sturgis sd. in august for a week then come back thru home and go on to the lake house on lake of the ozarks for a week. did not do anything last year but work the year away. so this year gonna spend some of that money!

I still haven't done Sturgis. We were going to do a trip around Lake Superior before vid hit. Don't know how interested I am in scraping bugs off after that one at this point.

Me

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If the CEO's of Major airlines were paid what they are worth, they would be pisspoor !!! It's simple math, you dummies !!!!!!

"not too grumpy"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,508
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.