Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Heads really will explode

Thomas says they should reconsider same sex marriage and contraception guarantees by Feds...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Queers should be unceremoniously thrown out of the military, along with most of the women.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The .gov of any stripe has no business being involved in marriage. Straight/gay/same sex, or not.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's sure gonna make heads explode

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am with Teal on this. Gays should have every right to fugk up their lives by just like straight people

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am with Teal on this. Gays should have every right to fugk up their lives by just like straight people

I think you may have misunderstood my point.

I don't want the government - be it local, state or federal, to have a damned thing to do with marriage of any type. Not in the constitution that I'm aware of.

You want to get married - find a church/religion that will marry you - bam, married. Plenty of those around to handle all possible permutations.

Divorce? - Small claims court for division of property. Family court for custody. Done. Those already exist but they aren't necessary to GET married.

I would never invite a cop to "come in and look around" - never invite the man into your life. Why are we so quick to invite the .gov into marriage?

Me

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
The .gov of any stripe has no business being involved in marriage. Straight/gay/same sex, or not.

I agree.
Folks can enter into “domestic partnerships” for legal purposes. What most consider “marriage”, the gov has no business being involved in.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by worriedman
Heads really will explode

Thomas says they should reconsider same sex marriage and contraception guarantees by Feds...
Yesterday, I posted on a thread here that this needs to be next. It's equally bad law.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Queers should be unceremoniously thrown out of the military, along with most of the women.

Agree

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Agree

Yep. Women make good nurses.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I’d like the SC to look at the Bolt decision and tribal treaty status in general.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't want the government - be it local, state or federal, to have a damned thing to do with marriage of any type.

I disagree completely. Marriage is now and always has been, in principle, intended to secure a future for children, which is pointless between two people of the same sex.

There are people who have tirelessly promoted this idea that gays should marry. They do this specifically to damage Western Civilization. Those people should be resisted with every available resource.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I don't want the government - be it local, state or federal, to have a damned thing to do with marriage of any type.

I disagree completely. Marriage is now and always has been, in principle, intended to secure a future for children, which is pointless between two people of the same sex.

There are people who have tirelessly promoted this idea that gays should marry. They do this specifically to damage Western Civilization. Those people should be resisted with every available resource.
Spot on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

They are not connected. If the .gov had zero business in marriage - the push for gay marriage, basically doesn't exist. Goes to zero.

People can get married in whatever church they'd like - again, the .gov stays out. Historical marriage can and would continue to happen without .gov interference - same as it did forever before the .gov decided they wanted their piece of it (marriage license fee/tax) . Of what value is the government to "secure a future for children"? None. Hetero marriage or not.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a liberatarian, I don't give a chit.... and in the same breath I don't want my kids being exposed to their bullchit propaganda at every turn in society. I really don't understand why they just couldn't be happy with "civil unions".... at that point it was just the term "marriage" that they were after. Like someone else said , it's all about the destruction of western civilization.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I’d like the SC to look at the Bolt decision and tribal treaty status in general.
I'm with you, talk about heads exploding!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It seems to me that this is another Tenth Amendment issue. No such authority is given the the central government...at least, not that I can see.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
For all the "I don't care what they do in their bedroom" folks... YOU are the problem. Evil should not be tolerated. Period. Look what happens when phaeggotry is tolerated. You gave them an inch....and wonder why they took a mile.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They are not connected.

The word "matrimony" derives from the Latin word for "mother". You lolberterians live in a fantasy world.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They are not connected.

The word "matrimony" derives from the Latin word for "mother". You lolberterians live in a fantasy world.

Marriage is between you, spouse and God. (via your Church)

Marriage is not connected to nor is it derived from the government. At all. Full stop. Mother =/= Government - unless you're a "it takes a village" Hillary type who believes the parents have no say/sway.

The government involvement has ZERO to do with "guaranteeing a future for children" - The government did NOT recognize marriage under law until the Revenue act of 1913. What does that have to do with marriage? (TAXES not "Securing Children") Compare the sanctity of marriage before 1913 and after....

Government involvement in marriage is what created the push for gay marriage. Equality under the secular rule/instrument.

Had .gov stayed out of marriage and left it to a person's individual Church - they'd not push for it.

Of what redeeming value is there in having the government involved in your marriage. I'll wait. I can understand it involved in dissolution of "a" marriage - whatever that might be within your own church -division of property/child custody but in CREATING the marriage? They offer nothing but a pathway to what we have now - determining who can/can not get married, how and when and who MUST recognize it.

I'll wait while you explain to me why the government has any input on marriage that makes sense in any way/shape or form. Seriously - I want to learn. Explain to me why having the government involved in a union between me, the wife and God via our Priest is better than NOT having the government involved.

Me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
771 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 75 invisible), 3,013 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.