24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They seem to be content with Brisette but part of me is still pulling for Baker. He's got a chance to really put the screws to the Browns and win the fans over. Alas, I don't think he'd have thick enough skin to make it work.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Agreed - Baker has the Browns right where he'd want them.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Kaepernick ain’t near as much of an issue as is Goodell kissing that black butt and kowtowing every time a black NFL player pharts.

Not sure whom I despise more, Roger Goodell or Rob Manfort. Both have knee jerk reactions to every woke issue imaginable, especially race.

Anybody not see this as the Raiders throwing out a PR bone? "we gave him a chance when nobody else would. Praise us".

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim270
Doing the quick math on this one. The Cleveland Browns just dropped millions on a quarterback that they knew had problems, but they thought he could play football. If Kaepernick was any good, teams would be lining up to throw money at him.

Yep, baggage and all, they don't give a ratz azz......

IF he could play, he would be playing................

IMHO.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kaepernick ain’t near as much of an issue as is Goodell kissing that black butt and kowtowing every time a black nfl player pharts.

Well, it's true. But despite what seemingly everyone here wishes, the NFL prints money and is more popular (and more profitable) today than it's ever been.
Goodell is employed by the owners to make them lots of money - and he's remarkable at it.

WWP53D
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
Kaepernick ain’t near as much of an issue as is Goodell kissing that black butt and kowtowing every time a black nfl player pharts.

Well, it's true. But despite what seemingly everyone here wishes, the NFL prints money and is more popular (and more profitable) today than it's ever been.
Goodell is employed by the owners to make them lots of money - and he's remarkable at it.

Agreed - Goodell's job is to take the heat for the owners. He's basically the Karine Jean-Pierre of the league. Take the heat, run the org that handles the day to day - don't ever let revenue slip, other than CV19 etc.

Me

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Kaepernick is toast. He’ll never play in the nfl again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

Agreed - Goodell's job is to take the heat for the owners. He's basically the Karine Jean-Pierre of the league. Take the heat, run the org that handles the day to day - don't ever let revenue slip, other than CV19 etc.

Yes sir - I missed the "taking the heat" part - that is indeed a large part of his role and he takes a lot of it. And he's compensated quite handsomely to be the target.

WWP53D
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Phuuck around and you find out. Kap could've rode that SB appearance for another 10 years for at least $15mm per. Instead he took a knee on his career. Nothing to see here; he's all done.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What's always missing from the Kaep narrative - he bailed out of his contract with SF. Had a player option year IIRC and said "no - I want to be a free agent/SJW" and voided that last year of his contract. THEN he had no job offers.

You can't fire me I quit - bam, no one hired me. Now he's sad panda wanting back.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's always missing from the Kaep narrative - he bailed out of his contract with SF. Had a player option year IIRC and said "no - I want to be a free agent/SJW" and voided that last year of his contract. THEN he had no job offers.

You can't fire me I quit - bam, no one hired me. Now he's sad panda wanting back.

Right!!?? He walked away from the most logical city in which is his message could have been amplified and embraced.

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I ran into him, literally, at O'Hare Airport a couple years ago. He's not a big guy, scrawny little thing. We stood there looking at each other, waiting for the other to move out of the way. His little minions he travels with got very upset with me, lol! But, I'm built like a defensive end and he's... well... a scrawny little quarterback. All the while, my wife is trying to get a picture of him, they thought she was trying to video all of it, I still laugh about it. We each kinda side stepped each other and went on our way.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
The league probably slipped them some bucks to give him a workout

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
While many teams in the league don't share the same philosophies on everything, they go along with the others for the greater good (and profits) for the league.
But nearly all of them are extremely adverse to distractions, drama and unwanted attention.

Keapernick is a lightning rod for drama and distraction.
Antonio Brown is another.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the league goes 2 years on Watson's suspension to teach the Browns a lesson about 1/4 billion dollar, fully guaranteed contracts to guys staring at 24+ cases of sexual assault/harassment. If a guy with THAT many red flags gets that plus the pics given up for him - what's a guy like Herbert, Burrow etc going to command? I'm thinking there's 31 owners VERY pissed at Haslam's group.

The team would’ve been better off with Tebow.

Hear me out! He would’ve been CHEAP. He would’ve FILLED the stadium. He would’ve SOLD merch. AND, if he didn’t play so well, you get BETTER picks in next year’s draft, for being a worse team.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who?
EXACTLY..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
While many teams in the league don't share the same philosophies on everything, they go along with the others for the greater good (and profits) for the league.
But nearly all of them are extremely adverse to distractions, drama and unwanted attention.

Keapernick is a lightning rod for drama and distraction.
Antonio Brown is another.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the league goes 2 years on Watson's suspension to teach the Browns a lesson about 1/4 billion dollar, fully guaranteed contracts to guys staring at 24+ cases of sexual assault/harassment. If a guy with THAT many red flags gets that plus the pics given up for him - what's a guy like Herbert, Burrow etc going to command? I'm thinking there's 31 owners VERY pissed at Haslam's group.

The team would’ve been better off with Tebow.

Hear me out! He would’ve been CHEAP. He would’ve FILLED the stadium. He would’ve SOLD merch. AND, if he didn’t play so well, you get BETTER picks in next year’s draft, for being a worse team.

The Browns don't have any problem putting butts in seats or selling merch.
They have a continually-stepping-on-their-pee-pee problem. laugh

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agreed - Baker has the Browns right where he'd want them.

Baker’s already stated he won’t play for the Browns this year, or ever again.

Brown’s continue to show their dumassery by signing Waton. Who should be called Bill Cosby jr.

SeaHaggs or some other team will hire Mayfield.
Book it 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
STRSWilson: Who cares?
I would rather view the horrific human being that is a known homosexual, metro-sexual, criminal, liar, conspirator, racist, low life, convict, druggie that is now known as juicy smellit than to see colon capernuts in any venue!
n.f.l. - who cares?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope Watson flames out as a Brown

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I hope Watson flames out as a Brown

Hope he gets a 2 year suspension.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
755 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 86 invisible), 2,940 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,075
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.