S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amtrak has been a schit show for years. Wasn’t too long ago some dummy drove one off the tracks and crashed it right on I5.

Hope they don’t find anymore casualties.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Second one in a week..

Another Amtrak passenger train crashed into a four-door sedan at a crossing without a train signal or guardrails in a rural area of the East Bay in Northern California on Sunday, killing three people and critically injuring two others including a child, a spokesman for the local Fire Department and emergency services said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too bad Amtrak didn’t crash when Hiden Biden was riding all of those “Millions of Miles”. With the conductor that had already been dead for 20 years. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My nephew is going to be involved in this, he's an electrician for the BNSF, and they sent him home to rest up because he's gonna be busy working the wreck.

My younger stepbrother uses the same track (he's an engineer), and will have to be re-routed to another line around the derailment. He drives between Ft. Madison and Kansas City, and then back again, using that track.

Another nephew works a track gang, and his father was a track inspector (retired for three years now). Another nephew engineer runs a different line, that will be backed up due to the re-routing.

Mendon MO only has 160 residents, there's NO medical help nearby, a tiny little hospital about 20 miles away is all they have, and it's mostly there for old folks to die when they get too old to fix. Chariton County itself only has about 18000 residents in the whole county, it's about as rural as anywhere in MO can get. I know, I grew up about 15-20 miles away, as the crow flies. I've been on the phone with the retired track inspector, he thinks the dumptruck was headed to his place, as he has a load of gravel he was waiting on. It might be another driver, who knows? It's one helluva mess, that's for sure.

Every medical helicopter in the state, and all the first responders and ambulances in all the surrounding counties, have sent help. Chariton County doesn't have squat on its own.

This couldn't have happened any place worse for getting help there, either.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The gravel road that crossed the tracks did NOT have gates on it, it didn't go across the tracks squarely, it was at an angle, so the driver might not have ever seen the Amtrak train going down the track. I've crossed the tracks there at Mendon several times, the visibility isn't all that good there, but that doesn't excuse what happened. The train can't go anywhere, the truck COULD. Either way, it's gonna be a mess.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 18 invisible), 1,923 guests, and 800 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,377
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.