Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Expected to rule later this week on whether the EPA has the authority to set policy and control over C02 and other greenhouse gases.

The Grid

This is a big one one way or the other or even something in between.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Whoda thought 2A and Roe were just warm-ups?

Mathew 22: 37-39

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by cra1948
Whoda thought 2A and Roe were just warm-ups?

Really.

They’re on a roll clearing their outstanding cases to be heard.

I think I hear Trump chuckling in the background and slapping his knee.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure as heck hope the SCOTUS puts those EPA commies back in their place. Gov't overreach has reached ridiculous levels.

I'd have to perform a bit of research, but I believe that environmental issues fall to the States, not the Feds.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/27/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said last week, might be the most consequential SCOTUS session in history. Certainly my life time.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I sure as heck hope the SCOTUS puts those EPA commies back in their place. Gov't overreach has reached ridiculous levels.

I'd have to perform a bit of research, but I believe that environmental issues fall to the States, not the Feds.

They have the perfect chance to nullify or completely scrap the Chevron Doctrine in this case. Which would be huge. They didn’t apply Chevron or even mention it in the hospital case so maybe they are going to nut the bureaucracy with this one. Hopefully they at least put limits on its use.

Swifty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I pray that the entire unconstitutional chevron bullshit is nullified and 150 years of government overreach is unraveled in an instant! We don’t bestow upon appointed political puppets the privilege to write and enact laws unilaterally!

This could be more significant than the last 2 great decisions combined but it’ll be hidden behind the emotional reaction to the RvW decision which effectively does nothing……except to emotionally destroy the liberals. 😂

I can’t wait for this decision. Justice Thomas hinted at a favorable decision (iirc) but I hesitate to get my hopes up.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I pray that the entire unconstitutional chevron bullshit is nullified and 150 years of government overreach is unraveled in an instant! We don’t bestow upon appointed political puppets the privilege to write and enact laws unilaterally!

This could be more significant than the last 2 great decisions combined but it’ll be hidden behind the emotional reaction to the RvW decision which effectively does nothing……except to emotionally destroy the liberals. 😂

I can’t wait for this decision. Justice Thomas hinted at a favorable decision (iirc) but I hesitate to get my hopes up.

You beat me to it. I was going g to say pretty much the same thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fingers crossed. I think this could be huge. Or "yuge!"

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Team Biden just coincidentally released their Spring Agenda new Regulatory Policies affecting 67 Government agencies with over 3800 cross agencies rules.

This compared to Trump’s Deregulatory Policy with approximately 650 total rules.

Biden may have gotten a strong whiff of what may be coming with the anticipated scotus review of the EPA’s powers.

The Hill and other sources.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It will be interesting how this might impact the equity markets if they kick the EPA to the curb. If you remember President Trump was surprised when almost to a person the CEO's of the major companies said that overregulation was the biggest impediment to their businesses, not taxes.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
IMHO, the 2 greatest things that Trump gave us was making sure HRC never became President, and those 3 wonderful SC picks. Let's hope the ball stays in our court (pun intended).

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Longbob
It will be interesting how this might impact the equity markets if they kick the EPA to the curb. If you remember President Trump was surprised when almost to a person the CEO's of the major companies said that overregulation was the biggest impediment to their businesses, not taxes.

Yep.
Dutch brought up that same thought last week when the market finished strong and whether the recent scotus rulings had maybe caused that market response.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by bbassi
IMHO, the 2 greatest things that Trump gave us was making sure HRC never became President, and those 3 wonderful SC picks. Let's hope the ball stays in our court (pun intended).

Painful though it may be, Mitch had a lot to do with that as well as holding off Obama’s pick of Garland and you see what Garland has become.

Then there’s the many appointments to the lower appellate courts and those ain’t small matters.

Jmo

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

This.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Painful though it may be, Mitch had a lot to do with that as well as holding off Obama’s pick of Garland and you see what Garland has become.

Then there’s the many appointments to the lower appellate courts and those ain’t small matters.

Jmo

Cocaine Mitch is a swamp creature but he damn sure held the line on getting better judges.

Gorsuch and Barrett are due to his skill at navigating in the Swamp.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Jmo

Cocaine Mitch is a swamp creature but he damn sure held the line on getting better judges.

Gorsuch and Barrett are due to his skill at navigating in the Swamp.

No argument there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't help but wonder if having a herd of nasty miscreants crapping on the Justice's lawns for the past several months has had any impact on the court.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I can't help but wonder if having a herd of nasty miscreants crapping on the Justice's lawns for the past several months has had any impact on the court.

And the way that their hearings were handeled or mishandled depending on your perspective compared to, say, Katmomma’s slow pitch most recent one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

It looks to me like the recent 6-3 rulings were the right decisions.

Maybe it hardened a bit of resolve but the decisions were the right decisions.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 44automag, 5sdad, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,386
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.