Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I just got home with it, and it is nice. I've taken pics, but have never been able to download them here. I'm going to try now, but, if I can't, would anyone post them if I email them?

No soap guys, it won't take them. If anyone can help please give me a holler.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I look forward to seeing it buddy.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Hopefully someone will help. I know you guys talked about the triggers, I've never shot either a c or a b, but I will say, im not sure how it could get much better.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PSH
Hopefully someone will help. I know you guys talked about the triggers, I've never shot either a c or a b, but I will say, im not sure how it could get much better.

It doesn't man. I tried to tell you that. ha ha.. They are a quality piece. No messing around with second rate with that one.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
It is nice

IC B2

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I tried again with pics, no soap

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Dang it. Where's AK? He loves it when we volunteer him for picture duty. ha ha..

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Lmfao, ya, he did it last time. I sent to his phone though and I ain't good with cameras to begin with, I figured my pad and email might be better. I never used to have trouble posting pics here, but the last two times I haven't been able to. I'm technologically challe get though, lol.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha. Yeah, I use Imgur. It's a lot easier than how Rick has the image thing set up. AK is pretty cool about helping with pics though. Good thing he's here.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ll post all the pics you want
Pm sent

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jsgwoodsman
I’ll post all the pics you want
Pm sent

Do it, do it!!! Full size ones too. Not the tiny ones that are hard to see..

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Lol, ok, I just shot a reply to jsg. I did download imgur, and my pics came up, but I'm too dumb to get them transfered. Dunno how, lol. Anyway, jsg will do it, but, I gotta take the pics on my phone I think.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PSH
Lol, ok, I just shot a reply to jsg. I did download imgur, and my pics came up, but I'm too dumb to get them transfered. Dunno how, lol. Anyway, jsg will do it, but, I gotta take the pics on my phone I think.

That's cool about Imgur. After you figure it out, it will be very simple. Its a learning process though, like everything. Word of advice: It is easier to use, if you are on a lap top. I will generally transfer pictures from my camera or phone to the computer and then to Imgur. Works real well that way.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey ya'll... My LGS just got a 52 in... (Japan) It has really nice wood (couple tiny dents in checkering)... Almost perfect bluing (looks like somebody rubbed the bluing off the crown)... Other than that the rifle looks new, But no box & paperwork... The ask is $1199... Thoughts?...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Hey ya'll... My LGS just got a 52 in... (Japan) It has really nice wood (couple tiny dents in checkering)... Almost perfect bluing (looks like somebody rubbed the bluing off the crown)... Other than that the rifle looks new, But no box & paperwork... The ask is $1199... Thoughts?...

Miroku made. I've heard they are very good. Not an older one like the op is getting and not worth as much, but still very nice rifles. In todays market, $1,199.00 may be a good deal. Is it a Winchester or Browning?

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Winchester... Fancy wood, Black fore end tip, 2 screw swivel mounts, Diamond pattern checkering on bottom of fore end, checkered steel butt plate with V on top.. It's purdy!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Winchester... Fancy wood, Black fore end tip, 2 screw swivel mounts, Diamond pattern checkering on bottom of fore end, checkered steel butt plate with V on top.. It's purdy!

I think its worth the money from the sounds of it. I've seen them sell for more on gunbroker.. If you get it, post some pics. Sounds like a damn nice rifle. I've heard they shoot extremely well. You'll be pretty happy with it..

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Ok, jsg said he could do via email so I sent him a bunch. Stay tuned if interested, and thanks to him.

7mm, I figured if I had a 52 it would be one of those, and I would not be afraid of it at all. The Miroku guns are fine copies of the winchesters IMHO. I own two 92s, an 1886 src, and a 71 carbine, I love them all. The 71 is a hammer on elk.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
As provided by OP:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apologies

I’m on vacation and service sucks!

Beauty rifle!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Awesome rifle - that’s a real beauty!!

PennDog

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Beautiful rifle, congrats!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That's extremely nice. I'd be proud to own that one. Good score PSH!!! It will probably shoot as good as it looks.

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Well guys, I think I did ok, and I'm glad to own it. Now I just gotta figure out what to tell my kids, lol.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's a Beauty PSH, I think you did good... As for the Miroku 52 i found, Although i want it, I slept on it and decided i want my $1200 more... Uncertain times ahead and there's already an anschutz, a Rem 541s and a Wthrby Mark XXII in the house... Thank's all for for the encouragement anyway...

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
So do I shoot it? There is absolutely no blass transfer from anything going through it. What appears to be factory grease on the bolt, lol. BSA, I know what you're gonna say, well hel, ya, lol. Normally I'd slap a leupy on it, but, that reddfield is nice, and, old school too.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PSH
So do I shoot it? There is absolutely no blass transfer from anything going through it. What appears to be factory grease on the bolt, lol. BSA, I know what you're gonna say, well hel, ya, lol. Normally I'd slap a leupy on it, but, that reddfield is nice, and, old school too.
I'd leave it just like it is and shoot it. Enjoy it man.

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
7m , sell the weatherby

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you don't want to shoot it....send me a PM....

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice! I shot my 52A Sporter with it's old Zeiss 2.5X scope at the club sized (1/2 size) targets at our last silhouette match. Seriously thinking about putting a 25X Leupold on it and shooting it next season instead of my Anschutz. The Winchester is every bit as accurate and I think I like the single stage trigger better than the two stage.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pugs
Very nice! I shot my 52A Sporter with it's old Zeiss 2.5X scope at the club sized (1/2 size) targets at our last silhouette match. Seriously thinking about putting a 25X Leupold on it and shooting it next season instead of my Anschutz. The Winchester is every bit as accurate and I think I like the single stage trigger better than the two stage.
That says a lot for the old Winchester. Especially the sporter version. They were just made right back in the day.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you want, you should be able to take the first stage out of your Anschutz trigger through the adjusting screws. I know it can be done on the 5018 2 stage I have. Great trigger.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here’s a few more now that I’m back in the land of Wi-Fi

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It looks like it’s incredible shape. I would shoot it without a doubt, but others will have different opinions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MikeS

If you want, you should be able to take the first stage out of your Anschutz trigger through the adjusting screws. I know it can be done on the 5018 2 stage I have. Great trigger.

It's a 1712 and while I think I can make the first stage pressure virtually nil, I've not found how I can convert this to a proper single stage but always willing to learn!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jsgwoodsman
It looks like it’s incredible shape. I would shoot it without a doubt, but others will have different opinions.
One of the nicest ones I've ever seen. I'd for damn sure shoot it.

BSA MAGA
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Jsg, thanks a whole bunch for posting the pics for me. It is in fantastic shape. I think a guy would be hard pressed to find one much nicer, its too bad grandpa didn't keep the box.

I want to shoot it, I just hate when I occasionally take possession of an old one that I feel like is almost too nice for me, lol. The two that come to mind were a pre 64 fwt 243 that was like new, and the other was a 61 that I don't think had been shot. I do wish I had that 61 back though, letting it go was kinda dumb, lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PSH
Jsg, thanks a whole bunch for posting the pics for me. It is in fantastic shape. I think a guy would be hard pressed to find one much nicer, its too bad grandpa didn't keep the box.

I want to shoot it, I just hate when I occasionally take possession of an old one that I feel like is almost too nice for me, lol. The two that come to mind were a pre 64 fwt 243 that was like new, and the other was a 61 that I don't think had been shot. I do wish I had that 61 back though, letting it go was kinda dumb, lol.

No problem at all. I’m a sucker for eye candy like your rifle. And think it would be a shame to not be able to show it off. You’ve got to go with your gut on how to proceed with it… but I know what I’d do, haha

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Congrats, Sir.

That is truly one to be proud of......and enjoy:)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn. Gorgeous!

I'd SHOOT IT!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That is one awesome rifle. Man, what a nice rimfire.

I’ve been looking at some of the Winchester remakes, made in Japan just cause I’m cheap but an original is so awesome.

Hope you shoot it. I’ve never heard anything but great things about them.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

I’ve been looking at some of the Winchester remakes, made in Japan just cause I’m cheap but an original is so awesome.

PSH is a cool dude, likes rifles like we do, but I'm getting the feeling he doesn't want to shoot this one. I've never been that way. I'd be drilling 10 shot groups with that one, finding ammo it likes and then taking it hunting. Not going to hurt it one bit...

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
'Tis the stuff dreams are made of!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

PSH is a cool dude, likes rifles like we do, but I'm getting the feeling he doesn't want to shoot this one. I've never been that way. I'd be drilling 10 shot groups with that one, finding ammo it likes and then taking it hunting. Not going to hurt it one bit...

That's why those Miroku Winchester and Browning remakes are made for guys like me.. I just wanna shoot em!

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

That's why those Miroku Winchester and Browning remakes are made for guys like me.. I just wanna shoot em!

Shoot the hell out of them you mean.. ha ha.. I'm contemplating going to the range. Its nice and cool right now with minimal wind, if any. 68 degrees and sunny. But temps will be up to 100 later today.... Yet, I'm here with you guys.. ha ha.. I had to pull my pistolas out the other day. That was fun, sort of. Just not really a pistol shooter. All the joker wannabees on youtube doing the new "Dicken" drill. Slow as fu ck shooters there and elsewhere..

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

They were made to be shot/hunted with and just because you do doesn’t mean you have to abuse it……..I take ALL my sporters out squirrel hunting and to local informal matches - haven’t hurt one yet (did get a compression dent in a Remington 40X sporter IN THE SAFE when a light fell on it). Other than that I’ve been using some for over 40 years and they look like they did the day I got them (have even used some in silhouette matches many, many times). I don’t take them out in the rain and I’m pretty careful when I have them out - just my opinion of course but having a rifle like that and not shooting it would be like having a spectacular looking wife to just show her off - a waste on both accounts laugh !!

PennDog

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PennDog

They were made to be shot/hunted with and just because you do doesn’t mean you have to abuse it……..I take ALL my sporters out squirrel hunting and to local informal matches - haven’t hurt one yet (did get a compression dent in a Remington 40X sporter IN THE SAFE when a light fell on it). Other than that I’ve been using some for over 40 years and they look like they did the day I got them (have even used some in silhouette matches many, many times). I don’t take them out in the rain and I’m pretty careful when I have them out - just my opinion of course but having a rifle like that and not shooting it would be like having a spectacular looking wife to just show her off - a waste on both accounts laugh !!

PennDog

Yeah, definitely take care of them and they will continue to appreciate in value. My 52B is in pristine all original condition, and hell yes I shoot it!!!! It would be a shame if I didn't.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.