24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/four-cases-remain-supreme-court-recess

West Virginia v. EPA

The Supreme Court heard arguments in February over a lawsuit by a coalition of states and coal companies seeking to limit the Environmental Protection Agency's authority to regulate power plants' greenhouse gas emissions, with the majority of justices appearing to see the agency's power as narrow.

The primary question of the case is whether the EPA's reach extends outside of energy plants to encompass broader aspects of the U.S. energy sector as part of its efforts to combat air pollution.

A main part of the high court's forthcoming decision could focus on the major questions doctrine, which is the concept that Congress has delegated authority to an agency to make a rule or regulation.

If the court decides the EPA has overstepped its reach in regulating carbon output, that case may have a broad impact on other administrative agencies across the executive branch.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We can only hope...............but mine aren't too high.

The US Federal gov't is the biggest usurper of power & authority that it has no right to, in history.

Maybe we'll get lucky again, though.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EPA is the federal rock star of waste, duplicity and ineffectiveness. Other agencies are little if any better.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There’s a similar thread on the same down lower but yours has more defining info.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'd like to see the Department of Education relegated to nothingness, sooner rather than later.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I'd like to see the Department of Education relegated to nothingness, sooner rather than later.

That one department has been one of the specific causes of the degradation of America.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Those agencies are the excuse congress has to take our freedoms away with impunity.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Department of Education is just One of the Spike Proteins..
We just had another Spike Protein almost take Over this Country under some Authority Grabbed out of Thin Air.
The Yard Gnome and the Madam Scarf ..
Must have been the MAGA MAN that saved US..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
EPA is the federal rock star of waste, duplicity and ineffectiveness. Other agencies are little if any better.

From my (limited ) experience, the DEA stands for Don't Expect Anything.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The EPA has probably done as much to destroy America’s Economy as any other Govt Agency.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
The EPA has probably done as much to destroy America’s Economy as any other Govt Agency.

Chlin, strangely the NOAA report says that we’ve done such a good job reducing pollution and particularly smog that that is the cause for the consistently hotter weather that we’ve been having with more to come.

Their explanation is that reduced smog particulates in the atmosphere is allowing more of the sun’s rays to penetrate down to the earth without the blocking effect of the particulates.

The report went on to say that this same condition will/has also allow(ed) warmer Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico water temperatures which will cause more frequent and more ferocious hurricanes than in the past.

If all of the above is true seems like we’re screwed either way.

But I damned sure agree that the EPA is another government agency that has gone running amok and with no apparent checks and balances.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

From my (limited ) experience, the DEA stands for Don't Expect Anything.

Hey RG, good to see you back.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

The DOE is only powerful if states go for the money they dangle. Spurn the bribes and the DOE is powerless. I expect to see more of that as a result of the Title IX crap they’re trying to pull.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 83 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.