-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Absolutely, and I agree with others that the upcoming case concerning fiat government is likely the most important of all.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Absolutely, and I agree with others that the upcoming case concerning fiat government is likely the most important of all.

Reading some of these msm news flashes coming across my phone screen shows that a lot of elites are scared crapless about more potential neutering of the federal government alphabet agencies with future scotus rulings that are on the docket.

Elections matter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This session of the Supreme Court has been a lesson in American civics which should be taught in high school. We have a Supreme Court that is making determinations that things that are not in the U.S. Constitution as federal powers/authority and are not forbidden the states are issues to be decided at the state level by voters. However, the pundits, politicians and experts are declaring these decisions as anti-democratic or the destruction of our democracy (representative republic). By definition, these decisions are saying "these issues belong to the voters of the individual states". You know? Democracy/representative republic type things. I swear I live in a perpetual episode of either Candid Camera or Punked.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Houston2]Reading some of these msm news flashes coming across my phone screen shows that a lot of elites are scared crapless about more potential neutering of the federal government alphabet agencies with future scotus rulings that are on the docket.[/quote]

As they should be, this has the potential to significantly change the way the federal government operates. If Congress has to approve rules and regulations proposed by unelected bureaucrats it MIGHT make Congress more accountable.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 45_100
[Houston2]Reading some of these msm news flashes coming across my phone screen shows that a lot of elites are scared crapless about more potential neutering of the federal government alphabet agencies with future scotus rulings that are on the docket.

As they should be, this has the potential to significantly change the way the federal government operates. If Congress has to approve rules and regulations proposed by unelected bureaucrats it MIGHT make Congress more accountable.[/quote]

You gotta know that Donald J. Trump is laughing his butt off at all of the msm and leftist squalling.

Loving it.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Houston2]Reading some of these msm news flashes coming across my phone screen shows that a lot of elites are scared crapless about more potential neutering of the federal government alphabet agencies with future scotus rulings that are on the docket.

As they should be, this has the potential to significantly change the way the federal government operates. If Congress has to approve rules and regulations proposed by unelected bureaucrats it MIGHT make Congress more accountable.[/quote]

What I like - it should also clog up Congress with so much BS, they get only 1/2 done with the list of things to screw us over on. Right now - culturally, a super busy congress means they can't screw up things as fast.

Me

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Teal

As they should be, this has the potential to significantly change the way the federal government operates. If Congress has to approve rules and regulations proposed by unelected bureaucrats it MIGHT make Congress more accountable.

What I like - it should also clog up Congress with so much BS, they get only 1/2 done with the list of things to screw us over on. Right now - culturally, a super busy congress means they can't screw up things as fast.[/quote]

They’re already trying to get ahead of the scotus curve by releasing their “Spring Agenda “ for cross agencies communications and activities.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
They are getting nervous in DC. The biggest decisions are usually released last. And since we’ve already had the gun decision and Roe overturned, that signals that a REALLY big case is out there. If the court was not going to make a pretty big change of course on the EPA case, it seems likely it would behind those two cases on the pecking order of significance. So….

I’m hopeful. This is a much bigger and more important case than those other two. This case actually has the potential to address much of what is wrong with the federal government today.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I pray that the entire unconstitutional chevron bullshit is nullified and 150 years of government overreach is unraveled in an instant! We don’t bestow upon appointed political puppets the privilege to write and enact laws unilaterally!

This could be more significant than the last 2 great decisions combined but it’ll be hidden behind the emotional reaction to the RvW decision which effectively does nothing……except to emotionally destroy the liberals. 😂

I can’t wait for this decision. Justice Thomas hinted at a favorable decision (iirc) but I hesitate to get my hopes up.

This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
These are all great cases for your country.

The real problem is, SCOTUS has no enforcement power (and I'm not suggesting they should.)

No politician or bureaucrat will be fired or go to jail for not following the rules set down by SCOTUS.

Sure, you'll be able to sue, fight for years in court, spend a lot of money and eventually get some satisfaction, maybe even monetary. But no politician or bureaucrat will pay a penny out of their pocket nor suffer any personal loss as a result of their malfeasance.

Until they can truly be held accountable, you're pissing in the wind.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
These are all great cases for your country.

The real problem is, SCOTUS has no enforcement power (and I'm not suggesting they should.)

No politician or bureaucrat will be fired or go to jail for not following the rules set down by SCOTUS.

Sure, you'll be able to sue, fight for years in court, spend a lot of money and eventually get some satisfaction, maybe even monetary. But no politician or bureaucrat will pay a penny out of their pocket nor suffer any personal loss as a result of their malfeasance.

Until they can truly be held accountable, you're pissing in the wind.

Well, Bwana, considering our past I’m very happy to keep on pissing into the wind and steady as she goes.

These recent cases have been monumental for the American Republic. If only for future hope and morale.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by bbassi
IMHO, the 2 greatest things that Trump gave us was making sure HRC never became President, and those 3 wonderful SC picks. Let's hope the ball stays in our court (pun intended).

Painful though it may be, Mitch had a lot to do with that as well as holding off Obama’s pick of Garland and you see what Garland has become.

Then there’s the many appointments to the lower appellate courts and those ain’t small matters.

Jmo

Cocaine Mitch is a swamp creature but he damn sure held the line on getting better judges.

Gorsuch and Barrett are due to his skill at navigating in the Swamp.

Can you Imagine The Derby Donkey named Mitch having the Majority and the Tiebreaker not confirming SC Justices..
Burning Bush axe yO self ..
A Vote of No Confidence for The Donkey ..
The SC Beauty Queen would have called for his Resignation..

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Recent Pentagon report says the military has given 91 abortions at their facilities since 2016.

We can look for more abortions on any federal property within any state, I’m thinking. Kamala has alluded to this most recently.

That should/could become a court battle regarding States’ Rights.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Teal

What I like - it should also clog up Congress with so much BS, they get only 1/2 done with the list of things to screw us over on. Right now - culturally, a super busy congress means they can't screw up things as fast.[/quote]

I'm thinking, certainly HOPING, that the Opinion goes much further than Congress approving or disapproving of the alphabet regulators..... They already do that 'tacitly'...

What the Opinion should say, IMHO, is that CONGRESS must write and vote on the rules and regulations..... IF these Rules and Regulations carry with them, requirement, penalty, punishment, consequences for not adhering to, then they are defacto LAW, and only Congress can MAKE new or change existing Law... Congress is NOT in the position of approving or disapproving Law written by some other party....

There's a reason Congress is happy with the current process......

Can you imagine someone writing Law that genuinely thinks too many troops could make Guam capsize....

Again IMHO

Last edited by Muffin; 06/28/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The only downside I see in reigning in the EPA (over-all a good thing), is that it is going to make it easier for the Pebble Mine Project to go forward, eventually destroying the largest salmon producing watersheds in the world if it does, and leaving behnd an environmental disaster that will last for centuries. But billions are to be made, and China needs the copper...

All politics are local.....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by las
The only downside I see in reigning in the EPA (over-all a good thing), is that it is going to make it easier for the Pebble Mine Project to go forward, eventually destroying the largest salmon producing watersheds in the world if it does, and leaving behnd an environmental disaster that will last for centuries. But billions are to be made, and China needs the copper...

Which is another reason why DC should be left out of that process...............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by las

Which is another reason why DC should be left out of that process...............

And when the issue crosses State's borders? Leave it up to them to fight it out? In which Court?

The situation las mentions just happens to be contained within the borders of AK, it will however have an effect on dang near every wild salmon eater in the other States and also other Nations.

Perhaps the good citizens of AK could stop the project, but with the money involved and the history of politicians and "regulators" of industry with greedy hands, I'd likely bet on the environmental destruction for the benefit of the Chinese.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
There’s absolutely no Question that the Chevron Doctrine has to Discarded as a Direct Threat to Constitutional Order and “ We The People”
It is Congress who writes the Laws and it is the People ability to address Congress on their Laws and Regulations thru the Ballot Box and not Bowing to Invisible Language from K Street or Crat’s..
Congress has been hiding behind the Administrative State for far to long and the Wicked have Prosper..
If Congress can’t write Laws and Regulations that Fit what the Nation needs then “ We the People “ need to do our part and send them Pack’n till we get what the Framer’s expected out of Congress..
By Far of all the Ruling the Reining in of the Administrative State is the most important for the Survival of the Republic..

Roll Them or They Roll You

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Kavanaugh and Gorsuch have both questioned the Chevron doctrine while they were at appeals courts so we may have a shot at restraining the bureaucrats. We could hear tomorrow.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Sit Down Never-Trumper, trying to claim victory after almost letting Hillary select 3 Supreme Court Justices.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1973cb450, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,051
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.