-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A year or so ago there was a thread pertaining to reloading with the Norma Bondstrike bullets. As I recall the OP loaded the 143gr Bondstrike and compared it to a similar reload with the 143gr ELD-X. Grouping and velocity were pretty much the same.

That said, has anyone had experience with Norma's ammo loaded from the factory with Bondstrikes? Wondering how the bullet performed on game, accuracy, and whether or not their advertised muzzle velocity is close to that listed, or just hype.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WiFowler
A year or so ago there was a thread pertaining to reloading with the Norma Bondstrike bullets. As I recall the OP loaded the 143gr Bondstrike and compared it to a similar reload with the 143gr ELD-X. Grouping and velocity were pretty much the same.

That said, has anyone had experience with Norma's ammo loaded from the factory with Bondstrikes? Wondering how the bullet performed on game, accuracy, and whether or not their advertised muzzle velocity is close to that listed, or just hype.

Great topic WF. I was wondering myself.

Semper Fi
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
These sure look a lot like Nosler long range accubond, specially with the high bc they have. I wonder if Nosler makes the bullets for Norma.

Last edited by lone wolf; 06/29/22.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

They don't even resemble the ELDX. Way different ogive. More closely resembles the Nosler LR accubond, but with a higher BC that seems overly optimistic to me. IE: .615 bc for the Norma 30 cal 180gr vs. Nosler's LR accubond 190 @ .597?? I'd likely call bs on Norma's bc rating.. Should be a great bullet though. I'll keep my eye out for them to be in stock. Prices are better than Nosler as well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
BSA,

I don't think the original OP was inferring, nor am I, that the Bondstrike was similar in construction and/or on-game performance to the ELD-X. As I recall, the original OP was interested in comparing the accuracy/velocity of the Bondstrike to the ELD-X after tweeking a reload recipe he/she had using the 143gr ELD-X, and going on from there. From a reloading perspective, aside from a narrowly different COAL, comparing the 143 ELD-X to the 143 Bondstrike, is pretty much as close as you're gonna get to an apples to apples comparision.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I've tested the ELD-X and BondStrike side-by-side in handloads, and as mentioned grouping and velocities are pretty much the same. That's generally what happens when you use the same powder charge of H4350.

With the factory ammo version I did not run them through the chrony, I simply put 2 5-shot groups on paper, and the results looked to me like the nominal MV was based on a 26" barrel.

Groups? Pretty hard these days to get bad groups out of factory 6.5 CM C-n-C or bonded bullet ammo. From my 22" barrel the 2 groups hovered right at 1-inch, but I've learned that my barrel doesn't like so much any 140 gr. - 143 gr. bullet going faster than ~2,700 fps.

Next up is StaBALL 6.5. I'm curious if this ever-so-slightly slower powder than H4350 will perform for 143 gr. + bullet weights. I have the ELD-X & BondStrike 143's, the 156 gr. Oryx, and the 160 gr. Weldcore.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That’s a good mix of bullets Puddle. Pretty fun to me to try the different stuff and see what shakes out.

SB6.5 is very good in my 6 CM

17 and 26 were great in my old 6.5 Creed as well with 139-147’s.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
FWIW, I got a notification from Norma yesterday, saying they had the 6.5PRC, 143gr Bondstrike's in stock - $47.99/bx. Took a chance and ordered 2 boxes. We'll see how they perk when they get here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I looked. You must’ve bought them all! Damnit!

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs

Nope, just 3 boxes. Went back 30min later to show a co-worker, and they were gone!

I did get shipping notification today. FedEx should be placing a package on my doorstep Saturday.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F

They still have these

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/rifle/6-5-prc/6-5-prc-143-gr-bthp-norma-golden-target-qty-20/

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Nope, just 3 boxes. Went back 30min later to show a co-worker, and they were gone!

I did get shipping notification today. FedEx should be placing a package on my doorstep Saturday.

I was just messing with ya. Hard to convey sarcasm on this thing sometimes.

Hopefully it shoots. The price is fairly reasonable for factory ammo.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Futura

They still have these

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/rifle/6-5-prc/6-5-prc-143-gr-bthp-norma-golden-target-qty-20/

Thanks buddy. Those aren’t priced half bad either.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I was just messing with ya. Hard to convey sarcasm on this thing sometimes.

Hopefully it shoots. The price is fairly reasonable for factory ammo.

Understood the sarcasm from the start.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Okay. Didn’t wanna sound like a dick over your good luck.

I’ll be watching to hear how they shoot. Bullet looks sound.

Semper Fi

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.