Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ain't no wonder prepping & bugout supplies are so popular & the movement started out yonder.

The projections of major problems seem to be very near, not some Al Gore schit that might happen 30 years from now.

Good luck y'all !!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Dutch
We’re in the worst drought in 1,200 years; it’s going to leave a mark.

It’ll rain again, some day.

Have you started dancing yet?

I leave that to the pretty girls…. Win-win.

Our little corner of SouthEast Idaho is peculiar….. in La Niña years, like now, we are usually a little below normal in precipitation. Then, in El Niño years, we tend to be just below average. The only time we are statistically above average is in “La Nada” years (ENSO-neutral). I’m hoping those monsoon storms Tikka is enjoying start making it all the way up here. Those are the good years.

Local irrigation district just started using storage water from Bear Lake with the allotment to the farmer of about 50 days (out of 90 days irrigating left) of water to finish the year. A little early in the season, but wheat and Trit will come off irrigation pretty quick, so most people will be fine.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Matt's Off Road Recovery......

Staying busy with the Lake Powell recoveries

upper wahweap or upper warm creek!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Page AZ

still open.........

Then stop in Kanab at 'Escabar's' Mexixican joint

https://www.ksl.com/article/5043090...-were-still-open-local-businesses-insist

when in Kanab, get the chicken-fried steak at Houstons Trails End!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/california-regulator-rejects-plan-desalination-plant-2022-05-13/

California just shot down a desalination plant a couple months ago. I just wish we could fence them off so once their liberal utopia collapses, they can’t escape.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For sake of informed discussion, “reclaimed” and “re-use” are very different treatment standards.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's true DD. Vegas area uses reuse water which is minimally treated sanitary sewer water for park and golf course irrigation. The rest of the sewage is fully treated to drinking water quality and returned to the lake. We get credit for what is returned to Lake Mead and it doesn't count against our Colorado River allotment.
The Vegas Valley uses less water today than was used in 2002 with about 780,000 more people here now.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
A pipeline from the Great Lakes over the Continental Divide to the Green/Colorado River is unbelievably ridiculous.
Imagine the capacity it would take to replace the flow of these rivers.
We can't even get our current government to build a pipeline to pump oil at $110+ a barrel.
What do you think a barrel of water is worth?
It would be quite an undertaking and I am certainly not qualified to say whether it could be done but I believe it could. We have a huge population of people terribly short of water and we go off to the mid-east and Europe and spend trillions of dollars on savages that couldn't maintain a stable government in a thousand years.

Uphill all the way from MN to the continental divide.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
they say it will be at deadpool stage in less than 8 years at this rate

I understand people have varied levels of sympathy for western water tables and water rights, but that is the bread basket of this country.

I am surprised congress hasn't proposed a water pipeline, say from the mouth of the Mississippi thru a series of lakes with giant pumping stations in an attempt to maintain levels. Maybe that is pie in the sky and the cost would be outrageous, but we do it with oil pipelines.

I see all that flood water in the spring along the Mississippi and wonder why we don't try to capture it in some way.
Reckon it would be possible to transfer Great Lakes water over the divide? There is a fairly low elevation pass up around the area of West Yellowstone. Surely if we can spend trillions on the crap we already do we could move lake water in huge aqueducts.
Get your own dam lake. These are taken.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
“Jake….

It’s just…. Chinatown…”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You can not steal water from the Columbia or the Mississippi, because in either case it would destroy the estuary. And also, it would give California standing to sue for water rights.

Why is it we never hear about the disaster created when the Colorado River flows were stopped?
One of if not the largest man has ever made

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Matt's Off Road Recovery......

I only just discovered their videos. Lizzie intrigues me.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi
If you had extra water you wouldn't want to spare some? I know it won't happen. Our money goes to fight wars overseas. We have 1/3 of our country that desperately needs water and 1/3 of our country that very often has too much water. I wish to hell my state could send our floods to the arid west. 30 or more percent of this state went under in 2016.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If you had extra water you wouldn't want to spare some? I know it won't happen. Our money goes to fight wars overseas. We have 1/3 of our country that desperately needs water and 1/3 of our country that very often has too much water. I wish to hell my state could send our floods to the arid west. 30 or more percent of this state went under in 2016.
This is the first thing that comes to mind when we talk about western water issues.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Time for new landscaping, desalinization and nukes.

Domestic water needs to come from those sources, leave what's left for irrigated ag. Never mind the Ogalalla aquifer is being drawn down and that's gonna bite soon enough.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Early 90's or thereabouts there was talk of caliotoe wanting to pipe Snake River or Columbia River water south.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This is the first thing that comes to mind when we talk about western water issues.
Great.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
No one in their right mind moves millions of people into an arid area without a sustainable water supply.

Fixed it for you.

Jerry

Yep. Pretty stupid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most things that california touches goes to hell.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 06/28/22.
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too little water, too many people.

Fix one or the other.

Bruce

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 219DW, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,038 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,087
Posts18,463,935
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.