Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The dear lady was my English, and Literature teacher.

I think of her often, every time I misspell a word.

Teachers you remember?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember them all (at least through high school) - most fondly, a few not so much. They all influenced me in some way. I wish that I had thanked them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mrs. Bettye.

Bettye McGlaughlin.

Told us to call her Mrs Bettye because we would never get her last name right anyway. If I recall the story correctly, she was engaged during WWII, but her fiancé died overseas. She began teaching in the early 50s and never married. She was beloved by the whole community. In the 80s some of her students called her obituary into the local paper as a joke. She was my English teacher in 10th and taught freshman college English our senior year (1999!). My sister who graduated in 2001 had her as well. Mrs Bettye taught over 50 years. Retired around 2006 or so in her late 70s. She was a fire cracker for sure!!! She passed about 10-12 years ago.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A couch said with baseball, nobody does anything, but the pitcher, and catcher.

He did not know much about the Game.

T
TCK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Ms Higgins (diamond Lil) in high school (60's) taught Greek, literature, writing, and the drama productions.
She was ancient old woman with flame red hair. Imagine Miss Kitty at 100 yrs old
The backstory was diamond Lil was a saloon entertainer in Creede, Colorado mining town.
Have no clue if that is true or not but that is the story. She has been dead long time now

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember Ms. Cline. She cared enough to keep me in the forth grade so I could catch up with the other kids.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I think of her often, every time I misspell a word

Must be thinking about her all the time.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I only remember my 10th grade art teachers name, a lawyer repeated in many times in court during testimony at her divorce trial. 😁

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember all of mine. I wish I hadn't been such a little schitt to some of them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I remember all of mine. I wish I hadn't been such a little schitt to some of them.

Trust me on this - so do they.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I think of her often, every time I misspell a word.

Teachers you remember?
In 1965 I had Doris [bleep] (pronounced 'FEW-ka'...). English teacher. Always encouraged her students to read.. Not a single student failed to love this lady.. Now the new High School Auditorium is named after her..

LMAO... I had a feeling the system would bleep her name - even though it's spelled "F-U-K-A"

Last edited by Redneck; 06/29/22.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Miss Hermes

Nun turned Baptist

Wielded a wooden ruler like a samurai

Man I hated that b......

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Ms Wampler. My French teacher in HS. She was SMOKIN HOT!

Mackey
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Remember all of them but a couple in particular made the difference.

Mr. Schafer was my 5-8 grade teacher and principal of our little two-room parochial school. He had his hands full with a couple of us, but looking back I have ton of respect for that guy. I believe he moved to CO at some point. Would love to buy him a drink and hear his side of those years.

Ms Galbraith was my 11th grade chemistry teacher. Made it interesting and challenging enough to pursue it as a career.

I heard she was having health issues 10-12yrs ago and went to visit her in the hospital. Gave her an update on me and thanked her for setting the wheels in motion. She said she was very proud and glad I came to see her. Lost her not long after that.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rowland Rawls, Vo Ag teacher. Taught me how to weld, wire a house, use a framing square, Robert's Rules of Order and to treat people with respect. He was not tall in physical stature, but was a giant in dealing with high school aged young men. I think of him most days in dealing with the [bleep] that are purchasing agents, he would have been quietly sarcastic as he ushered them out of his classroom...

I '69 he bought a Volkswagen Beetle, and told us how impressed he was of the mileage. As young pranksters will do, we started by adding a cup of gas to his tank, and then as the weeks went on it got bigger in the deceit. He was keeping a chart and was at one point getting 100mpg+. Then we cut back on the adage, till it was none. Might even have pilfered a few drops till he was scratching his head and taking it back to Memphis where the dealership was.

Then one Monday he found it placed in the crotch of the mimosa tree just outside the outback classroom/shop we had.

We formed a scholarship in his honor, he was a hell of a man.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Frau Lillemann, German language teacher. NOT smoking hot!

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sister Imelda. She also taught my father and was the master of the universe. F around and find out.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Miss Munoz English teacher, took a liking to me in 8th grade and would invite me to her house to have dinner. Her daughter Dina ended up being my girlfriend for a while.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bob Lingow. College linebacker, 6 foot 8 350lbs. I made a off color comment in his class and he palmed my face and walked me outside on my tippy toes. He proceeded to push his finger through my sternum and explain how I needed to change my life.

He was right, and I heard him.....and miss him.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
773 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 77 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.