Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Raeford
Our housekeeper reports that our place is always nastiest when it's a bunch of wimmen[no men] that stayed.

I believe that 100%

Women, from a hygiene and care perspective are nasty. WAYYY back when I worked as a bouncer for a summer - ladies bathroom was ALWAYS the worst at the end of the night vs the Mens. ALWAYS. We would draw straws for whomever had to go pull the garbage out and clean.

ask an honest woman what she thinks of the state of women's restrooms

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Riverc
I would be careful renting I was caretaker of rental cabins at El Dorado SP in Kansas for 18 months, also worked at Gunnison Lakeside RV Park & Cabins for 4 summers you get some good ones but most are slobs they leave the place a mess they don't care it doesn't belong to them. They bake in the oven and leave a mess to cleanup once someone cleaned fish in the bathtub took a while to get rid of the smell I could go on but don't feel like typing that much.

Two words ''BIG DEPOSIT'' that curtails more schitbagz than anything.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Riverc
I would be careful renting I was caretaker of rental cabins at El Dorado SP in Kansas for 18 months, also worked at Gunnison Lakeside RV Park & Cabins for 4 summers you get some good ones but most are slobs they leave the place a mess they don't care it doesn't belong to them. They bake in the oven and leave a mess to cleanup once someone cleaned fish in the bathtub took a while to get rid of the smell I could go on but don't feel like typing that much.

Two words ''BIG DEPOSIT'' that curtails more schitbagz than anything.

The SP & Gunnison lakeside did not take a deposit upfront. Cash paying customers were a waste of time only thing they could do was not allow them to rent again ... Credit Card customers were easier to charge a cleanup fee but most times they let it slide the owners or SP employees don't have to cleanup the mess. That's why we no longer do it got tired of the BS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Raeford
Our housekeeper reports that our place is always nastiest when it's a bunch of wimmen[no men] that stayed.

I believe that 100%

Women, from a hygiene and care perspective are nasty. WAYYY back when I worked as a bouncer for a summer - ladies bathroom was ALWAYS the worst at the end of the night vs the Mens. ALWAYS. We would draw straws for whomever had to go pull the garbage out and clean.

ask an honest woman what she thinks of the state of women's restrooms

My wife says the ladies restrooms are terrible.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did not read all the comments. Where are you looking? We have a beach condo in orange Beach, AL. Lots of info to pass if you want to PM me

IC B2

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by strikeu
I did not read all the comments. Where are you looking? We have a beach condo in orange Beach, AL. Lots of info to pass if you want to PM me

I'm interested in any experiences, but I'm a mountain person, not a beach person. Maybe a lake...if it was at the bottom of a mountain

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Rooster7
The only way I would do that is if I could interview prospective renters and try to end up with a nice older couple or small family that would be interested in an annual thing w/ a contract.

Would you rent your cabin to about a couple of older guys who met on an internet hunting forum?

That would depend on the "couple of older guys."

Now, if it was you and Beav for example, I would have no issues renting it to you guys as long as you both signed an agreement for a Pre-Checkout, Black Light inspection of the entire premises.

Including the garden shed...

grin

Beave loves garden sheds.

She-Sheds to be more exact…

😝🦫

That's what she-shed.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personally if I did decide to buy a second home or vacation rental I wouldn't be in the market now. I would wait until the RE market cycles and buy one at a lower price. Second homes and vacation homes are the first thing to get sacrificed when things go to heck. Since they tend to be grouped in certain areas there are usually a good number made available to choose from or negotiate on. Having a lower basis will help increase your rate of return on your investment.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yea that was kind of what was driving me - the assumption that by the time I"m ready to do this, the market would be favorable for buying. Unless something just fell in my lap, I don't see me looking until the fall of next year. I want to make sure I"m comfortable with the area I want to buy in first and that is going to take awhile.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
yea that was kind of what was driving me - the assumption that by the time I"m ready to do this, the market would be favorable for buying. Unless something just fell in my lap, I don't see me looking until the fall of next year. I want to make sure I"m comfortable with the area I want to buy in first and that is going to take awhile.
TN has no state income tax, and very few building codes.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (Akhutr, Berksbowman, batch, BB3, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,208
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.