Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Over the past 6 months or so, I cleaned out years of accumulated junk in the basement, added another safe (Liberty) and re-organized the reloading room. I added a 10X10 room to the house with adjoining door into the basement for my daughter's kiln (She's a potter, and comes over to the house to do her thing). Bonus- she brings the grandkids to play smile.

Anyhow, during the clean-out phase, we hired a junk removal service to take some of the big stuff that was difficult for one old fart (me) to move. Definitely a worthwhile service, would use them again if needed. A week or 2 ago, I was getting ready to load some 223 for the AR's, and to fireform some 223AI's, so decided to start on the 1000 cases of LC new brass that I had stashed.

Couldn't find it. I turned that damn basement upside down, even to the point of looking inside coolers that I have stored in there. Went through all the car parts, the pottery supplies, the reloading room, everywhere I could think of. Came to the conclusion that the brass must have left with the junk removal guys, that somehow I must have put it in the junk pile.

So I started looking for brass online. No LC to be found. Some Lapua at about $1.25-$1.35 apiece. I eventually bought 200 pieces of Starline for 35cents apiece and called it good, but had the mutters about losing the LC stuff. The day the Starline brass was delivered, I went into the reloading room, sat down at the bench, and looked at the shelf to my left. Bottom shelf is stacked with coffee cans containing fired brass, mostly 9mm and 45ACP. I saw a cardboard flap poking off to the side behind one of the cans.

Yep, there it was, 2 cardboard boxes laying on their side behind the damn coffee cans, each box containing 500 pieces of new LC brass. Senior moment, I suppose. I hope I'm not the only one that has issues like this.............

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Replacement is the quickest way to find something misplaced. smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BTDT.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I understand. Been getting rid of clutter and reorganizing slowly over the last 2 years and have "lost" some things only to find them after buying new.

I do exactly where the pile of primers are!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have another gas check seater somewhere. Buying the second one didn't reveal the location of the first one, so that technique isn't absolutely reliable. I wonder if I can find the second one, now that I think about it.

I've found reorganization to be a mixed bag. Sometimes I find stuff I've forgotten, and other things are never seen again afterward. I have to wonder if some of those things that turn up unexpectedly were once on the never-seen-again list.

It's just a stacked deck in a game you can't win but have to play!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Every time I can’t find something, the solution is to buy a replacement. When I go to put it up, I almost always find the missing item.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by badger
Over the past 6 months or so, I cleaned out years of accumulated junk in the basement, added another safe (Liberty) and re-organized the reloading room. I added a 10X10 room to the house with adjoining door into the basement for my daughter's kiln (She's a potter, and comes over to the house to do her thing). Bonus- she brings the grandkids to play smile.

Anyhow, during the clean-out phase, we hired a junk removal service to take some of the big stuff that was difficult for one old fart (me) to move. Definitely a worthwhile service, would use them again if needed. A week or 2 ago, I was getting ready to load some 223 for the AR's, and to fireform some 223AI's, so decided to start on the 1000 cases of LC new brass that I had stashed.

Couldn't find it. I turned that damn basement upside down, even to the point of looking inside coolers that I have stored in there. Went through all the car parts, the pottery supplies, the reloading room, everywhere I could think of. Came to the conclusion that the brass must have left with the junk removal guys, that somehow I must have put it in the junk pile.

So I started looking for brass online. No LC to be found. Some Lapua at about $1.25-$1.35 apiece. I eventually bought 200 pieces of Starline for 35cents apiece and called it good, but had the mutters about losing the LC stuff. The day the Starline brass was delivered, I went into the reloading room, sat down at the bench, and looked at the shelf to my left. Bottom shelf is stacked with coffee cans containing fired brass, mostly 9mm and 45ACP. I saw a cardboard flap poking off to the side behind one of the cans.

Yep, there it was, 2 cardboard boxes laying on their side behind the damn coffee cans, each box containing 500 pieces of new LC brass. Senior moment, I suppose. I hope I'm not the only one that has issues like this.............

Ummm No, when I start misplacing guns though I might worry.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve done that with a rifle. Momentary panic attack to say the least.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
badger: I am glad you found that cache of brass you lost.
You are proof that even turdlike people can be human!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I keep finding things, brass, bullets, primers, that I bought years ago and simply forgot. It’s usually after I get ready to make an order

Sam......

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by badger
Senior moment, I suppose. I hope I'm not the only one that has issues like this.............

Nope, unfortunately it happens to me all the time. Every time the wife makes me clean out the garage and the shed I cant find schitt for weeks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Lost" my credit card a few days ago. Called it in as lost and had another one overnighted to me. Then I remembered I had stuffed it in the pocket of my t-shirt before going into Walmart Neighborhood Market the other day so I wouldn't have to carry my wallet in. Hmmm. Maybe it fell out when I took the t-shirt off in front of the closet. Yep. There it was, on the floor in front of the closet. Of course it was useless now, having been cancelled and the new one on the way. And for even more fun, all the automatic payment stuff to change. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I usually lose stuff when my wife cleans up……😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
NO question whatsoever..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yep , my Dad was sure someone stole his Beretta Storm from under his car seat. It was in its case....I know.. He returned to a car wash place and had them review film....nothing.
He loved buying new toys at slightest excuse and quickly bought an FN9 to replace it. While I was visiting him he asked my nephew to go get the pistol from under his seat.

Nephew came back with two cases.....of course. Took a full second to register with Dad and before I could say I told you so he was already repeating Don't tell mom, Don't tell mom

Last edited by kenjs1; 06/29/22.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
That’s how I ended up with 4 caulking guns.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can I have one? I can't find mine.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ever notice whatever you're looking for is always in the last place you look? 🤔

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Ever notice whatever you're looking for is always in the last place you look? 🤔

N0t true, several times I have found what I was looking for and decided to keep looking just in case....

wink

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,775 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,825
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.