Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Have you made any? Should you?

About 4 months ago, I went to see my doctor for a routine checkup… (first ftf since covid) blood pressure was 173/78…
Yes I was on bp meds…I was embarrassed…
This past week, my bp has averaged 120/63 and I’m off the bp meds… it CAN be done.
#1 change was quitting smoking
All other lifestyle changes fell in line once that major vice was overcome… I still hack up crap throughout the day but every day it gets better…

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Good on ya for the smoking MM.

I'm 2 weeks in to trying to do a better job on my eating/caloric intake, primarily to take some pressure off of my hips & knees.

It'll just take some time.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Quit beer and lost over 60 pounds so far, 15 more to go to reach my goal. Almost completely quit cigarettes. Went from a pack a day to a pack every two weeks.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not easy but my back and feet are grateful.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Getting ready to try and drop 30- 40#.

Got out of asphalt/construction last summer and my spare tire has grown. Up 25sh or so.

Doesn't help that I am a fan of food, junk food w empty calories plus I like my beer come the weekend.

Kid moves out in a couple weeks so I told the bride, no more junk food and need to cut dairy way back as I am a milk and cheese fan. Kid and I can go through 2 gallons a week.

Probably try to eliminate bread and find a healthier option for my daily 4 PM sandwich which is actually my breakfast. Maybe a healthy wrap of some sort.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quit my daily alcohol intake and started eating right. We also sold our 46 year old family business so a lot of stress was lifted off of me. 80 pounds fell of me in 10 months. Feel better, exercise more and and find myself looking for things to do rather than sitting around.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Yes! In April I got off all carbs, processed foods, HFCS and added sugar. I’ve lost about 25 pounds and my BP is much better. It all started after reading a book named Fat Chance. Great book!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have, yes

I no longer suffer fools

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have, yes

I no longer suffer fools

You callin RenFiddy a fool?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Is life worth living without beer?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have, yes

I no longer suffer fools

You callin RenFiddy a fool?

Hard to call his sock puppet, Ren50 a fool.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Glad you men are taking better care of yourself, I lost 80 pounds too, stopped drinking beer after 50 years, Keto diet , from 44 wrangler’s to 36 wrangler’s. I am doing stuff with my 3 year old new knees I never thought I could again, now I look at fat people with disgust 😁

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've made some, I need to do more.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've made some, I need to do more.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Beer does not count in my reality. smile

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Quit beer and lost over 60 pounds so far, 15 more to go to reach my goal. Almost completely quit cigarettes. Went from a pack a day to a pack every two weeks.

I quit drinking alcohol a year and a half ago. Don’t miss it a bit. When I made up my mind to quit smoking (last doctor visit) I asked for a Prescription for a COPD inhaler and it all seems to be working out really well because now I’m sleeping a full 8 hrs. and wake up well rested. I still want to drop about 20 lbs. and am seeing an orthopedic surgeon next week to see if he can help with my knees. Hopefully he’ll give the ok for that peddle kayak I’ve been eyeballing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Angus55
I am doing stuff with my 3 year old new knees I never thought I could again, now I look at fat people with disgust 😁

My knees are the only thing currently keeping me restrained… I’m gonna go with whatever the orthopedic doc recommends… cortisone, replacement, whatever… I can work about two hours on them, but then need 3-4 days to recover…

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Salad for lunch again today. 3 lbs or so lost this week. 15 -20 more to go, but likely only get to 10 down before Holidays and winter and less outdoor stuff and no fresh greens in the garden.

Reminds me, time to plant some more salad stuff for July. Everything out there now is volunteer from letting last year's go to seed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've been hitting the gym. Started because of back pain in my lower and mid back. Did the same program 6 years or so ago and it solved the pain right up until I had a bad car wreck. So no more gym. Then when I quite the factory I got asked to help frame houses if I had down time. After a month or so of that my back felt better, so I kept helping. Then I got busy enough with my work I quit framing and got soft and back hurt again...

So here we are, doing strength training. Took 3-4 weeks for the pain to stop. Been eating like a horse. When I hit my goals for strength, maybe I can cut back on the groceries and look good naked again. I am currently the strongest I have ever been, not to say the best shape, but strongest.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Angus55
I am doing stuff with my 3 year old new knees I never thought I could again, now I look at fat people with disgust 😁

My knees are the only thing currently keeping me restrained… I’m gonna go with whatever the orthopedic doc recommends… cortisone, replacement, whatever… I can work about two hours on them, but then need 3-4 days to recover…

Getting my left knee replaced within the next 2 weeks and had the right knee replaced 5 yrs ago

I don’t know how or why they work but the Tommy Copper slip on knee braces work. Period. I’m talking about being bone on bone in the knee. If I’m outside for a day humping it I double the Tommy Copper with one over the other.

They’ll get you a long ways till surgery/replacement absolutely has to be done. Get them at Walmart in the section with weights equipment. They’re 10-12$.

Good luck, Man.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

630 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,448,023
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.