Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
As many of you are already aware from my constant gloating, Higgins guided me onto this trophy elk in Montana several years ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Higginez
Limited abilities? LOL

The elk on the chimney bottom right. 6.5 Creed?

LOL.

Quoting for the Lulz.

To be far I suspect that does look like an elk to you. laugh

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane

+1. They built me a LH maverick in 6.5prc.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
As many of you are already aware from my constant gloating, Higgins guided me onto this trophy elk in Montana several years ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Bwahahahaha!!!!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I have a M70 Classic Stainless in .325 WSM I bought as a donor. It's sitting in a McMillan Bridges Edge.

Might become a PRC, if it doesn't get sold first.

That being said, there have been very few negative Tikka threads here.

Have you shot it yet?

I bought mine as a donor as well when it was pretty cheap. Kinda neat cartridge.

Semper Fi
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
No Scotty, haven't shot it.

Bought it as a donor.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
H
H
I'm holding out for a T3x in the 6.5 PRC

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just saw the 7 PRC is on its way out. It'll be interesting to see how well it does in the market.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by devnull
Just saw the 7 PRC is on its way out. It'll be interesting to see how well it does in the market.

Probably about as well as the 7 wizzum and similar cartridges. You know how those are doing.. Or maybe the new designed 270 wizzum. They call that the 6.8 western.... ha ha.. Anyone hear much about the 300PRC anymore? The 6.5 is really where it's at IMHO.. They have probably speculated doing a 6mm, but those are barrel burners from the word GO..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by devnull

Yes it will. I'm keeping a close eye on what rifles, and action length firearms manufacturers will chose to chamber it in, based on the COAL of 3.090"

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I think I can live without one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John,

I didn’t read all the posts, so this might be a duplicate of others suggestions.

Being that I have owned a slug of 6.5 PRC rifles, from APR custom builds, to a cheap Franchi Elite.

If you have the time to wait for a custom (I’m not gonna say the money, for obvious reasons 🙄) I’d go with another APR build….If you wanted a dedicated rifle, that will spend more time afield than in a gun safe. A custom is nice.

If the PRC will just be another rifle in your battery rotation, I’d jump all over a Tikka T3x Lite in a camo pattern of your liking. Or the basic Tikka Roughneck rifle that has a solid stock color and comes without a muzzle brake, iirc.

The Tikka will probably shoot as good as a custom.

🦫

PS

My current favorite hunting rifle is a Seekins Element in 6.5 PRC. It’s one heck of a rifle that will see a lot of blood this season.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10

My current favorite hunting rifle is a Seekins Element in 6.5 PRC. It’s one heck of a rifle that will see a lot of blood this season.

I think the Havak PH2 if you want a 24" sporter-weight rifle or the Havak Element if you want a lightweight 21" are two really good fits for the PRC. Both are threaded. Seekins thought it through and designed their short action bottom metal and short action PRC mag to load to 3.1". Action, stock, barrel, and rail are really good on both of those as well.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Really appreciate the feedback. I have a couple of customs in 7Mag and 7-08 and really like and appreciate them for sure. Hear great things about the Seekins as well as APR, butt this particlur PRC will "just" be another addition to my hunting guns, which is why I plan on buying the Tikka Roughtech nathaniel has listed here. I don't really need it, it's purely a want thing to smack some targets, lots of hogs, hopefully a few deer, and just screw around with and see how much I like it. It will be suppressed. If I like it as much as I'm expecting, I'll likely then consider that APR if I can save enough "Beaver and SKane" money to make it happen, but it will likely take a few years and a couple extra jobs. I will likely never be able to afford the fine precision instruments that originate in Wyoming so that dream is out of the realm of reality.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
It's so funny to see an idiot like you begging for advice when it's impossible to purchase a rifle these day that would not out reach your abilities.

Hell a decent .223 Rem will offer performance to spare.

I manage to get by on my limited abilities.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Damn!

Yeah, Damn again and I’ll raise you a holy crap!! Them’s are some nice mounts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I think the Havak PH2 if you want a 24" sporter-weight rifle or the Havak Element if you want a lightweight 21" are two really good fits for the PRC. Both are threaded. Seekins thought it through and designed their short action bottom metal and short action PRC mag to load to 3.1". Action, stock, barrel, and rail are really good on both of those as well.

I agree, Jay….If the wait period for a ‘hens toothed’ Seekins Elite wasn’t an issue for a guy. I’d go thumbs up!

The PH2 is available, last time I looked. Even a custom build, done up with a CF Proof, Titanium action and CF stock, probably won’t yield the weight loss of an Element. I have one, and the Element has it beat by almost 2lbs.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really appreciate the feedback. I have a couple of customs in 7Mag and 7-08 and really like and appreciate them for sure. Hear great things about the Seekins as well as APR, butt this particlur PRC will "just" be another addition to my hunting guns, which is why I plan on buying the Tikka Roughtech nathaniel has listed here. I don't really need it, it's purely a want thing to smack some targets, lots of hogs, hopefully a few deer, and just screw around with and see how much I like it. It will be suppressed. If I like it as much as I'm expecting, I'll likely then consider that APR if I can save enough "Beaver and SKane" money to make it happen, but it will likely take a few years and a couple extra jobs. I will likely never be able to afford the fine precision instruments that originate in Wyoming so that dream is out of the realm of reality.

LMAO

🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

That is a great deal on that rifle. I don't think you can go wrong with it. I'm just now getting back from the range with my buddy that works in law enforcement. He is the one that just bought the Christensen with the carbon fiber wrapped barrel. That rifle actually shoots lights out. I was impressed, more than surprised. One of my other buddies in Washington has a Christensen Arms and it is a dud. I haven't seen any Tikka duds personally, but I'm sure there are a few out there. Good luck with that Tikka JG. I think it will be a good one.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks bsa, I appreciate your feedback and experiences with those Tikkas. As you said, hard to get a dud made by Tikka. Looking forward to trying it out.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.