Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good on him smart boy

My nephew asked my about doing when he graduated a few months. I advised no way. It will take a decade to fix the military. and with Neo Cons and Neo Libs wanting constant needless wars and canton fodder no way should a young adult serve now in the US military .

All my former friends still in are pulling plug when eligible and they are the warrior types the military needs,

Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 79S
I have buds still who are career counselors. One was telling me these youngsters are going to Ets. As they say Army is to woke. So he was getting beat up by higher ups, I told him put that in your notes. Tell them what the joes are telling you. Put it in their lap let them deal with it. As of last week, CSM (command sergeant majors)had to call soldiers who were on terminal leave and ask if they still want to reenlist. I do know the active component is sucking ass far as retention. On another note those kids coming in with no high school diploma/can’t pass the asvab etc. will be put into the [bleep] mos’s the army has to offer. 92A, 92F, 92S etc. they will never see SGT points are always 798. Majority will do 3 yrs get out. No diploma if they intend on making the Army a career before they reenlist they will need to get a ged or high school diploma.

My son received a counseling over his decision to not re-enlist. That was at the company level (?) had to go do paperwork on it. His CSM called him and asked him if he would as the CSM really likes him personally. Boy said "I'm not going to lie, there's nothing the Army could offer that would get me to stay. There's nothing here for me and I want to simply get on with my life."

CSM respected that transparency.

He's not getting out over the wokeness - he's getting out over the horrible leadership at the NCO level and given NCO's basically "make" junior enlisted - it's there too.

He's a good kid, smart and mature for his age - he just sees a broken system and wants no part of it.

Last edited by ribka; 06/29/22.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Never fear, the Bidet and Zero will make our military illegal and Querre.

Jell0 and Suckermore will gladly toast and cheer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/29/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Pretty sad situation for our country. I always assumed that I would encourage my son to give the military a look when the time come. Not now. No way. The country is in absolute shambles right now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Back when queers were quiet and times were good, the military was a good path. Politicizing the military is suicidal.

Where is Lee Ermey when he's needed?

[Linked Image from memesmonkey.com]

[Linked Image from memesmonkey.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just watched a YouTube video that reviewed the Navy report dissecting the Seawolf class sub Connecticut's running into an underground mountain. The degradation in professionalism since my time in the boats, and the sheer incompetence, was staggering. If that situation was close to being typical, we're in a lot worse shape than I thought. Most people would not realize how things really were before enlisting, but would have their eyes wide open by the time reenlistment was an option.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I spent 4 exceedingly busy years in the Air Force (62-66) . I have no regrets. I lost a couple of close friends to on duty accidents (explosions due to the rigors of SAC training schedule). We were very poorly paid back then. We were offered decent bonus's to re-up, but you can't [bleep] someone after 4 years of personal participation !! The Military is poorly managed, & I expect always will be !! The VETERANS ADM is "just crap". My wife worked there for 10 years in management ! You can't fire the employees for anything, except stealing. For GOD's sake, don't let the VA treat you for anything serious. They hire Doctors that can't get work elsewhere because they have a bad record & can't afford the MALPRACTICE INS. The VA covers them for free. Now the Air Force is paying enlistment bonus's. The DRAFT would stop that !!!!

"not too grumpy"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The military attracts the do gooders, the try harders, and the careerists. That means if you introduce woke LBGQT…what the frick ever … into as a good thing to not only tolerated but celebrated, the results will be very predictable. The do gooders will try to make sure that their commands are extra welcoming because well…you know, it’s a good thing. The try harders are going to make sure that they try harder at doing good than anyone else. And the careerists are damned well make sure that the are more LGBTQ friendly than anybody else so that they get the best OERs and make rank below the zone.

With these factors at play, before you know it not only is the military woke and gay, it’s more woke and more gay than just about anywhere else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see it as fewer soldiers to be the enforcers of tyranny against the American people.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I teach NJROTC and I did not encourage a single one if this years graduates to join any branch. I told all my students that I would not want to serve under the current regime. We did have 2 join the USN and one join the USMC but on an average year we will have 9 or 10 sign up.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They will lower the standards

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The military attracts the do gooders, the try harders, and the careerists. That means if you introduce woke LBGQT…what the frick ever … into as a good thing to not only tolerated but celebrated, the results will be very predictable. The do gooders will try to make sure that their commands are extra welcoming because well…you know, it’s a good thing. The try harders are going to make sure that they try harder at doing good than anyone else. And the careerists are damned well make sure that the are more LGBTQ friendly than anybody else so that they get the best OERs and make rank below the zone.

With these factors at play, before you know it not only is the military woke and gay, it’s more woke and more gay than just about anywhere else.
Good explanation for much of the right as a whole when compared to the left and the lefts more militant mindset.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stophel
I see it as fewer soldiers to be the enforcers of tyranny against the American people.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. Fewer enemy obstacles to contend with on the coming battlefield.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Nobody want to be in Army with fàgs.

Not sure about the Navy.

ROFLMAO...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I was in Richmond (Mechanicsville) just yesterday...

Went by a Veteran Cemetery and saw WWI and prior tombstones (Privates mostly)...

Was reflecting on the life of a young man in Flanders Fields in 1916+/-...

What were his hopes and dreams... vs. the hopes and dreams of a young man/woman in 2022.

Much strangeness in the world today... much.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.