Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Great looking bull doggy!, I got the best next thing, Boston Terrier! Mines just a year old, his daddy was about 20" wide at the shoulder's, looks like the dog that started the Boston's breed. Jed has a white chest and neck, rest black and brindle.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
I’m confused here. I thought Pits were on the 24HCF hate list?
😏
They are

Unless they identify as Conservative Trump Lovers.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I’m confused here. I thought Pits were on the 24HCF hate list?
😏
They are

Unless they identify as Conservative Trump Lovers.

Difference between a pit bull and an English bull.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yo, G.

What likely screws up breeds the most are the damn judges.

Absolutely. Same for horses in halter and for a while, western pleasure “peanut rollers”.

They seem to get it in their mind what "they think" a dog of a certain breed should look like. Not sure how it is in the horse rings, but in the dog rings a judge might be very experienced with half of the breeds they're judging, somewhat experienced with the rest. They may be judging most of a group at some shows, as it's hard for smaller shows to attract enough judges at time, or so those dog people have told me.

When I found out those shows are supposed to be for bettering the breed I thought to myself "Well, what happened to the Irish Setter and some of the terriers".

I had a friend in Juneau when I was up there, raised a terrier breed, did a breeding whenever she needed to replace an older dog.. Mentioned one day that judges have the right to have the dog on the table while someone brings up another dog to see what the reaction is. They're not supposed to be friendly to other critters, they're terriers after all. But, she said it rarely happens. There should be some sort of test, long before they reach the rings in my mind, of will a hunting breed retrieve, or point, or do what it was intended to do, and if it fails then it doesn't get to progress until it can.

Oh well, I've never been too impressed with judges of any sort......................unless I win!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As a child I was traumatized by a neighbors bulldog. It was a nasty mean thing that bit several people. The neighbors eventually moved away and took the dog with them. One of the best days of my young life.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by saddlering
Great looking bull doggy!, I got the best next thing, Boston Terrier! Mines just a year old, his daddy was about 20" wide at the shoulder's, looks like the dog that started the Boston's breed. Jed has a white chest and neck, rest black and brindle.
It's surprising how big some Bostons can be. Someone in my neighborhood a few years ago had one that looked like a smallish, athletic, Bulldog. They can be really cool looking little dogs.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Valsdad, I learned at a early age don't compete in judged events, only timed events, the timers don't cheat and lie. Rio7

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 21, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 222ND, 68 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.