Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The vast majority of homeless are drug addicts and alcoholics. The receive welfare but choose to spend their rent money on booze and drugs. We should take the potion of their benefits intended for housing (50%?) and ensure that is spent on hosing.

To do this all welfare payments should be divided into two approximately equal parts. One part should be given to a government agency who will spend it to provide housing and the second part would be paid to the beneficiary. This would end the financial benefit of being homeless and encourage them to leave the streets.

[Linked Image from ]
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
How 'bouts the payments just stop. I have to work for my drug and booze money. Govn't doesn't give me any money. Make 'em get a job.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a government bureaucracy running the housing,
The homeless wouldn't be allowed in a cardboard box.

And couldn't afford a $50 tent.

Leaving them to sleep in the rain on the sidewalk.

It's what government does.
Makes things harder, more expensive,
Worse!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personal priorities would be a good start.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
With 22 shells running ten cents a pop, it's a real problem.

LOL
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just like a problem bear, quit feeding it and it will go away.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Free meth and they have to purchase needles.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 06/29/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The vast majority of homeless are drug addicts and alcoholics. The receive welfare but choose to spend their rent money on booze and drugs. We should take the potion of their benefits intended for housing (50%?) and ensure that is spent on hosing.

To do this all welfare payments should be divided into two approximately equal parts. One part should be given to a government agency who will spend it to provide housing and the second part would be paid to the beneficiary. This would end the financial benefit of being homeless and encourage them to leave the streets.
From a practical standpoint I doubt that it would work. That was basically the concept of housing projects. Housing a bunch of addicts increases the problems. The last thing addicts unwilling to work need is to be artificially government subsidized housed next to each other and bringing all of their kids into it with them.

Flushing them out of homeless camps while offering drug rehab and mental health programs as an option to jail with a very temporary homeless shelter for those that choose to take advantage of it is the most humane and practical option IMO. It’s sad but some won’t take advantage of it due to very severe mental or chemical problems. As a society they still need to be ran out of camps that are a magnet for societal problems for them and everyone else.

Giving addicts or the mentality ill free housing is not humane. It’s bad for them and worse for their kids. They’ll take the free housing and minimal welfare support and then pay for their habit with rampant crime.

The most humane solution for them and for society is to jail them for all of the crimes that come with homeless populations. Open intoxication, vagrancy, theft, fights, drug use, prostitution ect and offer drug and mental health facilities for those that choose to take advantage. Some will take advantage and some won’t lock up the ones that won’t. Sad but realistically what else can you do?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Give them property to squat in the cold places. Force it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
39 lashes every time they're caught high.

LOL
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
You propose another government sponsored ponzi scheme? There would be a few real estate developers who would be billionaires on the backs of taxpayers.

Nope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
How 'bouts the payments just stop. I have to work for my drug and booze money. Govn't doesn't give me any money. Make 'em get a job.

Their "job" would be armed robbery, burglary, and petty theft. You serious don't think you'd see any of these people working the drive thru at Chic-fil-A?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
When I was a boy I had an old Cherokee Chief (1976)... I used to mud alot back then.

Papa came out one day mad as hell... mud all over the driveway. Raising hell...

I tried to standup to him... 16 year old backtalking chit. "What is the Problem!?"

"Son... there are "Problems"... and there are "Situations"!" He said

Being stupid (and falling for the bait) I ask what was the difference...

"This fugging Jeep is a Problem, but I can sell it and solve that Problem immediately."

Doubling down on my stupidity (and mad)... I asked what was a "Situation"?

Stone cold sober he stopped and turn around... "The Middle East... THAT is a "Situation"... always has been AND always will be!"

-----------------------------------

Homelessness is identical...

So is Stupid...

America is ate up with the stupid in 2022.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Government can't house the homeless, every motel/hotel room is being used to house illegal aliens. They are a priority in Slo-Joe's administration.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Cut them off and run them all out of town. Simple.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Free fentanyl dispensers.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take the money spent in Ukraine and aggressively start treating drug addictions. Or keep sending it to Ukraine and to hell with our addicts. I hate going to Denver for anything these days. Thousands upon thousands of drug addicts lining the streets.

The problem is so bad that I am convinced it takes a pretty good distribution management system to get that many drugs to that many homeless. Be interesting to unravel who is behind that system.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Free fentanyl dispensers.

That would ruin the Marxist Profit Sharing Plan..

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
If people WANT to overdose and live homeless... why in the world should we stop them?

That is a real question...

And please do not respond "Because they steal and such..."

That is what Gaston made a Glock for...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Well i guess they could all be rounded up and placed on reservations.
That might work, so long as one of them dosent find some gold in the area.
But first things first.
lets start a real war at the southern boarder.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

391 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.