Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It ain't complicated.

Cowboy guns shoot the 45 round Colt. Army guns shoot the 45 square Colt.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
PS There's a reason for it being called Long Colt, even though that's not technically its designation. It goes back to a period when the US Army had adopted two main revolvers, the S&W Schofield (chambered in .45 Schofield) and the Colt SAA (chambered in .45 Colt).

The problem was that the .45 Schofield was identical to the .45 Colt, other than case length (it was a bit shorter), so they were one-way-compatible only. Thus logistical problems arose when orders for more ammo were delivered to headquarters. If they asked for .45 Schofield and received .45 Colt, they'd be out of luck, because they wouldn't chamber in the Schofield revolver, so the habit developed of referring to .45 Colt as .45 Long Colt, in order to address the confusion.

Eventually the problem was solved by only ordering .45 Schofield ammo, which would operate in both revolvers, but the tradition of referring to .45 Colt as Long Colt had already been established, and the folks who had been in the military during that confusing period continued to use that terminology upon rejoining civilian life, so by that means it came to be established in common practice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
PS There's a reason for it being called Long Colt, even though that's not technically its designation. It goes back to a period when the US Army had adopted two main revolvers, the S&W Schofield (chambered in .45 Schofield) and the Colt SAA (chambered in .45 Colt).

The problem was that the .45 Schofield was identical to the .45 Colt, other than case length (it was a bit shorter), so they were one-way-compatible only. Thus logistical problems arose when orders for more ammo were delivered to headquarters. If they asked for .45 Schofield and received .45 Colt, they'd be out of luck, because they wouldn't chamber in the Schofield revolver, so the habit developed of referring to .45 Colt as .45 Long Colt, in order to address the confusion.

Eventually the problem was solved by only ordering .45 Schofield ammo, which would operate in both revolvers, but the tradition of referring to .45 Colt as Long Colt had already been established, and the folks who had been in the military during that confusing period continued to use that terminology upon rejoining civilian life, so by that means it came to be established in common practice.

Saying it don't make it so.

Some,
Call this a woman!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 06/26/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
While I commend the YouTuber that put those piles of dog schit videos together, it's important that an aspiring handgunner recognize the lack of logic on display here.

If you are wondering how fast you can shoot an object moving straight on, that is covering 10-15 yards in one second, it would make sense to hang a standard USPSA target at 25yds, another at 10yds, and one more at 1yd.

Par for three hits in the A-Zone (CNS) would be around two seconds. All those interested in testing their skills would be able to do so sans snowmobiles, drunk uncles, miniature train sets, pulley systems, etc.

You're welcome,
Flave

PS- Butt Fugk Burns doesn't train anyone to do anything. He's a fraud.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
While I commend the YouTuber that put those piles of dog schit videos together, it's important that an aspiring handgunner recognize the lack of logic on display here.

If you are wondering how fast you can shoot an object moving straight on, that is covering 10-15 yards in one second, it would make sense to hang a standard USPSA target at 25yds, another at 10yds, and one more at 1yd.

Par for three hits in the A-Zone (CNS) would be around two seconds. All those interested in testing their skills would be able to do so sans snowmobiles, drunk uncles, miniature train sets, pulley systems, etc.

You're welcome,
Flave

uh bullshit for $200 bones you get a 1/2 day training with yo new Wyoming arms AR15.

https://wyomingarms.com/product/1-2-day-training-with-your-wyoming-arms-rifle/

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

You're welcome,
Flave

uh bullshit for $200 bones you get a 1/2 day training with yo new Wyoming arms AR15.

https://wyomingarms.com/product/1-2-day-training-with-your-wyoming-arms-rifle/

JFC.

LMAO

Can you imagine that idiot "training" you?

Complete fugking fraud.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

You're welcome,
Flave

That is a good drill, done in reverse it is great for SD shooting. Line the targets up directly behind each other and have the shooter start from directly in front of the near target and move so that the other targets do not get hit to add spice/reality.

If you can do the drill you describe in 2 seconds from the holster you are my herogrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker

You're welcome,
Flave

That is a good drill, done in reverse it is great for SD shooting. Line the targets up directly behind each other and have the shooter start from directly in front of the near target and move so that the other targets do not get hit to add spice/reality.

If you can do the drill you describe in 2 seconds from the holster you are my herogrin

mike r

I've no reason to train for bear charges (although my family and I did frequent grizz heavy country each summer for ten years) but if one is inclined to do so they would have to factor that a bear conservatively moves at 25mph which would roughly equate to 12-15yds per second.

So I think the drill I prescribed makes sense especially when you consider the fact that you're gettin' reps and the likelihood of a human being charging your ass is 100X's more likely than a bear. And the drill remains applicable.

Or you could be Butt Fugk Burns and just shoot rocks at 300yds all day. LOL

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I liked it actually. He's just trying to make some income doing something he likes and be creative at it I imagine.

I do like that he is actually outside - not on the couch - and drawing from his holsters. At most public gun ranges around here, they don't want you to draw from the holster or shoot fast...probably some insurance thing.

So he's getting some muscle memory with that...and it looks like he's having fun...eh, cut him some slack.

Oh wait this is 24HCF...you're right...we're suppose tell him to GFY.

wink

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

You're welcome,
Flave

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Trystan
A video of someone who can't shoot for Jack [bleep]! The man needs to shoot more period end of story! A great way to practice is with cans. You shoot the can and make it fly than touch it off the second it hits the ground again. Get good at it and you'll put a bullet thru the brain pan of a charging bear so fast it'll make its head spin clean off.

Trystan

The “wax on/wax off” off approach.

Interesting.

Paint da fence.....sand da floor.... If stand in front of charging bear, squish....just like grape....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, funny stuff, seems my choice of sidearm hunting in general or especially bow hunting in polar/coastal kodiak/grizzly country too be my G21 stuffed with 14 rounds of 200gr Lehigh penetrators' the perfect choice for my greenhorn ass! Thanks for the video.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
I just came across this Guy's charging bear testing system and thought you Guys might enjoy it... he even has another video of doing it with rifles and shotguns... it's a true eye opener as to how many accurate shots that might be possible during a 2-3 second charge.

I know Allan and visited with him this past winter. Hes a great young man and is excited to live his Alaskan life.

He works a remote fish counting station every summer on kodiak and encounters dozens of brown bears in camp every season.

I appluad his interest to become as proficient, and familiar with his firearms, as he can be.

Hes served our country and is pursuing a higher education at UAF with his military bennefits.

Hes also interested in eventually starting his own dog team, he seems to want to learn everything Alaskan, that he can!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
I just came across this Guy's charging bear testing system and thought you Guys might enjoy it... he even has another video of doing it with rifles and shotguns... it's a true eye opener as to how many accurate shots that might be possible during a 2-3 second charge.

I know Allan and visited with him this past winter. Hes a great young man and is excited to live his Alaskan life.

He works a remote fish counting station every summer on kodiak and encounters dozens of brown bears in camp every season.

I appluad his interest to become as proficient, and familiar with his firearms, as he can be.

Hes served our country and is pursuing a higher education at UAF with his military bennefits.

Hes also interested in eventually starting his own dog team, he seems to want to learn everything Alaskan, that he can!

I liked that guy and his demonstration. Just subscribed to his channel. I have a 3rd gen Glock 20 with standard and 6" KKM barrels. Time to put a fresh set of night sights on it and reload some 10 MM ammo.

Thanks for posting this.

Please don't feed the trolls!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

You're welcome,
Flave

Every so often a post pops up that restores my faith in humanity.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak

Not crazy about his video, but he sounds like a great guy. And I appreciate that he's gone native, so to speak.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475
A semi in a chest holster would have changed the outcome.

I used a 475 Linebaugh in 1988 to stop a grizzly that came in on me when I was working a moose kill. I only needed 1 shot

JW, how far was he when you stopped him and was it a head shot or spine?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by jwp475
A semi in a chest holster would have changed the outcome.

I used a 475 Linebaugh in 1988 to stop a grizzly that came in on me when I was working a moose kill. I only needed 1 shot

JW, how far was he when you stopped him and was it a head shot or spine?

I was working a moose kill, when the bear starts coming in. Jimmy shoots first and bear goes down but immediately came straight up as if spring loaded. A quartering away shot in back of ribs toward opposite shoulder. Bear girs down spread eagle style and never git up again.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

You're welcome,
Flave

Every so often a post pops up that restores my faith in humanity.

Flave rules.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 54 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,804
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.