Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The answer is to follow what Maxine Waters did several weeks ago in downtown San Francisco.

She went down and told the homeless to go home.

Really happened.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Strychnine in the fleischmann's and more fentanyl

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Make the mandatory minimum sentence for drug dealing death…

^^ This ^^

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What would be the maximum?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
No easy or quick solution. Good fiscal policy to increase prosperity, closed border, and an overhaul of public education wouldn’t hurt.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 30338
Take the money spent in Ukraine and aggressively start treating drug addictions. Or keep sending it to Ukraine and to hell with our addicts. I hate going to Denver for anything these days. Thousands upon thousands of drug addicts lining the streets.

The problem is so bad that I am convinced it takes a pretty good distribution management system to get that many drugs to that many homeless. Be interesting to unravel who is behind that system.

Addicts aren't going to change until they want to change no matter how much your heart bleeds for them. Addicts are like children from broken homes, masters at lying and manipulating to get their way. Whenever you think that you're helping an addict, you should ask yourself if you're really helping them or if you're just enabling them.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old, "But for the Grace of God, go, I."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The vast majority of homeless are drug addicts and alcoholics. The receive welfare but choose to spend their rent money on booze and drugs. We should take the potion of their benefits intended for housing (50%?) and ensure that is spent on hosing.

To do this all welfare payments should be divided into two approximately equal parts. One part should be given to a government agency who will spend it to provide housing and the second part would be paid to the beneficiary. This would end the financial benefit of being homeless and encourage them to leave the streets.

The solution to homelessness and substance abuse is called JOBS you fugking moron.

When there are lots of JOBS there is less substance abuse.

Money does bring happiness and productivity despite what some commie cock suckers want everyone to believe.

You're Welcome,
Flave

Flave, I can't find a soul who will labor - if they agree to work, they want $25 or more an hour - and aren't worth a 22 shell.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
What would be the maximum?

A life sentence -

with Hallary.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Most homeless people are mentally ill, hard to help them, sad as it is.

Please define "Mentally Ill"...

Thanks...

Some people just ain't right.

I've been helping out a guy in his 70's who has anger issues and its ruined his life. Can't get along with anyone. Can't let little things go. Mentally he is stuck between age 15-17. Can't understand cause and effect. Can't learn from painful experiences. Can't keep his damn mouth shut. Has to try and be the world's policeman. Ain't got a pot to piss in but expects to be treated like a guest at Mara Lago at the various subsidized places he has lived. Estranged from family from being an [bleep]. Can't afford rent for a single family house on his social security....is financially stretched even living in subsidized housing.

I've got him off the street twice but I have told him he is on his own the next time he effs up. He does not drink, does not do drugs.......he just ain't right. To talk to him casually, you would never know.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Jobs is a good start, but is not enough - there are plenty of those.
It is jobs plus the consequences of not having one, i.e., No "Programs"

Swim or Sink.

That'll solve the issue.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Make the mandatory minimum sentence for drug use death…

Fixt it for you.

These people have zero interest in ending their addiction. The Govt. has zero interest in winning the war on drugs because they are in on it. Efforts have always gone on the supply side. If they really wanted to end it, they would dry up the demand side.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
No easy or quick solution. Good fiscal policy to increase prosperity, closed border, and an overhaul of public education wouldn’t hurt.
Good points.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RJY66

Thanks...

I've been helping out a guy in his 70's who has anger issues and its ruined his life. Can't get along with anyone. Can't let little things go. Mentally he is stuck between age 15-17. Can't understand cause and effect. Can't learn from painful experiences. Can't keep his damn mouth shut. Has to try and be the world's policeman. Ain't got a pot to piss in but expects to be treated like a guest at Mara Lago at the various subsidized places he has lived. Estranged from family from being an [bleep]. Can't afford rent for a single family house on his social security....is financially stretched even living in subsidized housing.

I've got him off the street twice but I have told him he is on his own the next time he effs up. He does not drink, does not do drugs.......he just ain't right. To talk to him casually, you would never know.

He posts here regularly. Curses a lot, name calling, etc.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Thanks...

He posts here regularly. Curses a lot, name calling, etc.

Steelhead at it again?

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Thanks...

Sounds like the guy who my parents "adopted" in the early 1970s. He doesn't drink or do drugs, but he has his way of doing things and won't give an inch. My parents bought a little self-sufficient farm for him to live on and put it into a trust that pays the taxes, insurance, and provides a monthly stipend of $1K to suppliment what he gets from the SSI due to his PTSD. He was really unhappy when my parents passed and they didn't leave him the property that he lives on or give him control of the trust.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Thanks...

Nuts, crazy, bonkers, cuckoo, insane, etc..

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
With 22 shells running ten cents a pop, it's a real problem.

Ball peen hammer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree that many are mentally ill. But currently the most are drug addicts.

Need to use the homeless lobby's words (against them). Mental illness is a disease. Addiction is a disease. We should treat the mentally ill. We should treat the addicts. If they are so ill that they are living on the streets then they are a threat to themselves and others (read hygiene and things like typhus).

So commit those diseased living on the streets to treatment. If they refuse then jail. If they refuse to stay on treatment, jail.

But living on the streets is not an option.

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
The policy of creating false victim narratives to give 75% of the population blanket coverage for being a POS is a big part of the problem. If a person can’t respect themselves they’ll never respect anyone/anything else.
Being productive and self supportive breeds self respect.

Our leaders detest strong, self reliant, successful people that they can’t control.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 11point, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 86 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.