Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Follow the Money .. This all a Wealth Transfer Mechanism by Mordor on the Potomac..
Tax Receipts come in they fund programs the programs give the money out then the money goes to their business partners Drug Syndicates , NGO’s then the Money is funneled back to Mordor on the Potomac in various ways.
Think about it..
Since the LBJ Great Society 25 Trillion has gone somewhere and we know it ain’t the Poor or they’d all be Millionaires by Now..

Roll Them or They Roll You

BP-B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Shoot all of them!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Free fentanyl dispensers.

This - and concentration camps, somewhere away from people trying to live decent lives, but call them something more innocuous. Like the Dems do with their gun-control (etc.) bills.

And don't make them morecomfortable than street living. If, on their own, they can stay drug free for some determined amount of time (6 mo/ a year?) then give them some rehabilitation help to get back into productive society.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Flave, I can't find a soul who will labor - if they agree to work, they want $25 or more an hour - and aren't worth a 22 shell.

You're talking about a society that has already created or enabled the lazy and dependent.

Societal cures can rarely happen with the snap of your fingers.

But jobs and independence will reduce or eliminate homeless problems over the course of 10 to 20 years.

It's been proven 100x's over.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Most homeless people are mentally ill, hard to help them, sad as it is.

Please define "Mentally Ill"...

Thanks...

Some people just ain't right.

I've been helping out a guy in his 70's who has anger issues and its ruined his life. Can't get along with anyone. Can't let little things go. Mentally he is stuck between age 15-17. Can't understand cause and effect. Can't learn from painful experiences. Can't keep his damn mouth shut. Has to try and be the world's policeman. Ain't got a pot to piss in but expects to be treated like a guest at Mara Lago at the various subsidized places he has lived. Estranged from family from being an [bleep]. Can't afford rent for a single family house on his social security....is financially stretched even living in subsidized housing.

I've got him off the street twice but I have told him he is on his own the next time he effs up. He does not drink, does not do drugs.......he just ain't right. To talk to him casually, you would never know.

The question was more for Wabi... but thanks for answering

Why have you helped him?

AND

Why will you NOT help him a 3rd time?

---------------------------------

Maybe you are a Christian... maybe you are not... that is not the answer I am seeking...

What is the core need inside of you that is served by helping him... but not helping him forever?

Why is there a limit to your charity?

---------------------------------

In a nutshell...

Toxic people are helped for how long?

Dopers and drunks... for how long?

Hissy Fit Karen and her screaming kids get to throw tantrums for how long?

Should we pass a law that "No one Is Left Behind EVER"?

Point being... victims used to be a fairly small percentage of the human race...

Now "Victimhood" is a full time job with benefits.

Turn on a TV... any TV... any channel... "Victims" are EVERYWHERE!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Our leaders detest strong, self reliant, successful people that they can’t control.

They are NOT "leaders"...

They are "Masters"...

They control a slave class... and they use YOUR labor... YOUR money... to feed their rabid dogs.

Slavery is the most profitable business model ever devised... even before men took to living in caves.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Not much different than when hippies and communes were the rage back in the 60’s and70’s. Those went away when the money dried up.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
In short...

If they choose to die... or walk a death path... let them.

Every slum on plant earth used to be a lush green field... then people occurred... then garbage heeps...

It is not natural... in nature... for mass decay to be summarily encouraged/fertilized and grown...

What harvest is there to reap?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Flave, I can't find a soul who will labor - if they agree to work, they want $25 or more an hour - and aren't worth a 22 shell.

You're talking about a society that has already created or enabled the lazy and dependent.

Societal cures can rarely happen with the snap of your fingers.

But jobs and independence will reduce or eliminate homeless problems over the course of 10 to 20 years.

It's been proven 100x's over.

Agree, your first line states the root of the trouble.

Stop the free chit for votes. Stop the free chit for imported labor (brown guy works but brown guys baby momma and herd of little ones are in the SS line + free education/free lunch).

Get our laws and regulations fixed or removed so our unskilled or in training labor can compete.

Yep, won't happen quick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Most homeless people are mentally ill, hard to help them, sad as it is.

I agree that many are mentally ill. But currently the most are drug addicts.

Need to use the homeless lobby's words (against them). Mental illness is a disease. Addiction is a disease. We should treat the mentally ill. We should treat the addicts. If they are so ill that they are living on the streets then they are a threat to themselves and others (read hygiene and things like typhus).

So commit those diseased living on the streets to treatment. If they refuse then jail. If they refuse to stay on treatment, jail.

But living on the streets is not an option.

I think that is the solution but that is buckets and buckets of money, and many if not most of the addicts are going to have a high incident of recidivism, for many this would be a cycle of them getting "cured" and then going back to the streets the moment any adversity struck them.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/01/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by KFWA
The mentally ill shouldn't be on the streets but we aren't going to spend the money to warehouse them.

True.

For the ones that are not mentally Ill, work camps would be a good alternative for them. A lot of National Forest and other public lands have to be cleaned up.

Putting a Druggie in jail because they refuse treatment is not a good idea, there is a serious drug problem in Jails.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 07/01/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
The mentally ill shouldn't be on the streets but we aren't going to spend the money to warehouse them.

True.

For the ones that are not mentally Ill, work camps would be a good alternative for them. A lot of National Forest and other public lands have to be cleaned up.

Putting a Druggie in jail because they refuse treatment is not a good idea, there is a serious drug problem in Jails.

Did you ever think that’s why they belong in jail?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I’m starting a Arbor Day Foundation Affiliate here in DC my premise is by the time we have had enough and a General Consensus is reached we’re going to realize we don’t have enough sturdy shade Trees here in DC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

True.

I'm guessing the bleeding heart liberals in the cities plagued by homeless people are about ready to do something like a work camp. house them, feed them, clothe them, counsel them, work them and keep them out of the cities/suburbs

Last edited by KFWA; 07/01/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
In short...

If they choose to die... or walk a death path... let them.

Every slum on plant earth used to be a lush green field... then people occurred... then garbage heeps...

It is not natural... in nature... for mass decay to be summarily encouraged/fertilized and grown...

What harvest is there to reap?

Recreational drug use is a choice, at least in the beginning. I'm against saving opioid overdoses with Narcan. A lot of people on this site seem to find this position offensive, but it is my position, and it is based on watching more than one addict destroy himself and his family.

One of my friends' kids got depressed because he didn't get accepted into the top tier medical schools that he applied to, so instead of going to a 2nd tier medical school, he escaped from his sadness with oxy and got addicted to it. He has lied, stolen, and manipulated for over 10 years, going from rehab program to rehab program, living in shelters and on the street. He'd go through rehab and be clean/sober for a while, but he'd start using again when people wouldn't affirm his brilliance by giving him jobs that he hadn't earned. He can't hold a steady job, often because instead of doing his assigned job well, he will tell his management team how stupid they are. He has burned almost all of his bridges with friends and family and lives on social welfare programs. A wasted life, going from college graduate, BYU, headed to med school into a roller coaster of addiction to recovery and back again. His Mother told me that she wished that he would die and end everybody's pain. She told me that he had told her that he had been revived with Narcan several times. He's likely to keep using and wrecking everything he touches until he overdoses and the EMTs don’t reach him in time to administer Narcan.

Over that time he reached out to me and asked for money, so I sent him money, thinking that I was helping him. But, after awhile, I realized that he was manipulating me and that I wasn't helping him get better, just enabling him to continue to use drugs. When he had money, he bought better drugs. I bought him clothes when he was in rehab programs. I paid fines for him so that he could get his driver's license back. Then I stopped. When he asked me why, I told him that it was because he had lied to me. His response was that he was an addict and that I should have known better than to trust an addict. Bridge burned, bank closed.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What happened to these homeless type people 150 - 200 years ago??

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Matthew 19:21 “If you want to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give all to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Anybody try this method for the homeless? Drug addicts?

This is an open question...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I pray none of you have chemical brain imbalances. I do and I wouldn't wish this on Putin or anyone evil. I take my meds I do stuff everyday to just be active. Sunshine helps.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I like Robin Hood’s idea Better althou mostly the Meda, Amazon , Goo, Salesfarce , Black Crock types ..
Their Subversive Anyways ..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Restrict the EMT access to narcan.

GOA
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.