Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Comming to us all sooner or later .
Nothing to sweat about , just hope we can all leave with out a lot of suffering.
Kenneth

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
There was 54 in my 1969 graduating class in a small west central Ks town. I was close to a few guys but I moved several states away after graduation and most of them scattered as well. I know of about a dozen that died, mostly from C. Probably more have died than I know.
I really liked high school. It got me out of a lot of hard work on the farm.
We had a 50 year reunion three years ago. About 25 showed up for that. It was a Funtime learning where peoples lives had taken them.
Seemed like most of the women that were attractive in high school, had really bulked up, not chubby, fat! My best friend and first real girlfriend from high school both are dead from cancer.

Last edited by dale06; 07/01/22.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I graduated in a class of 29. Three gone that I know of.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Comming to us all sooner or later .
Nothing to sweat about , just hope we can all leave with out a lot of suffering.
Kenneth

I dunno; there’s some I’d like to see suffer a little bit at least…..😛

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How do the Homskool kids do their reunions?

Cupcakes and a full day of Clifford The Red Dog? A trip to the grain silo with Peepaw?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I see one of the 'attention ho's' is back with his usual drivel. How ya doing flave?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Well, I see one of the 'attention ho's' is back with his usual drivel. How ya doing flave?

Better than Bill apparently.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I lost the first one about a week after graduation. Car wreck! 54 years ago!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Graduated 187

I know of 4 dead.

1 - breast cancer. She sat next to me in homeroom
1 - heart attack at 20 - the rag and can of brake clean in his hand might have contributed
1 - suicide
1 - motorcycle accident - known him since the 3rd grade, across 2 schools. VERY talented jazz musician

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I graduated in 1964 with 47 classmates. Kind of unusual that we were all friends then and still are! We are gradually thinning the herd, but when we get together. whether if is a funeral or a small get together we still do what we always did many years ago. Drink beer, tell jokes on each other, and laugh about all of the things we did together and talk about the ones that are gone.
Of course there is some sadness, but usually the best memories are the cure for that.
Nobody looks forward to a funeral, but they are good for saying that last good-bye to an old friend & visiting with some of us who are still left!
Thanks for starting this thread Wabi

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I went to an all-boys high school with 600 students total. At least four of my class were in prison before graduation in 1965, two of them with life sentences for murder. They turned the school itself into a "reformatory" a few years later. Torn down now. No clue how many are still alive - or out of prison.

The only reunions I've ever attended were of my Air Force pilot training class. We had four of them and had our 50th scheduled for 2020 - cancelled due to COVID. There now is no interest in having another mostly because we're all 75 or 76 years old. We've already lost half a dozen of our original 60, but none to aviation accidents. Apparently, we learned well.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Rocky...this is a real Longshot, but did you ever cross paths with "Crash" Davis?

As far as classmates and reunions go, we've probably lost about 20% of the Class of '73...maybe more. I'm halfway interested in our 50th coming up next year, but never attended any in the past. There were a few I'd like to catch up with, but most of them mean nothing to me.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Class of 69, Berkeley MI, never been to a reunion. Lots of missing classmates for sure by now. I am curious about some of my old high school buddies, nut I haven't researched them. I’m not a fakebooker so I can’t ressearch old classmates that way. I think there were 599 in my graduating class.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I went straight into the Navy after graduating in 69. When I came home 4 years later I found out that 5 of my classmates were already in state prison. 1 for murder, 1 for armed robbery 1 for trafficking automatic weapons and 2 for drugs…3 had been killed in Vietnam and 2 had died in car accidents…there’s only one of my old high school friends that I’m still in contact with.

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Don't know, don't care. Didn't peak in high school. Moved on and have had an adventure filled life while most of my classmates just milled about. Got one buddy from then that I recently re-connected with and may go hunting with this fall. That's about it.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
By the time I got back from a 4 year vacation far, far away half a dozen had already died over there. Trying to make sense of that removed any desire to worry about the ones who didn't go. Ran into one I used to look out for because he was always getting bullied. He was on Market street in San Francisco wearing his spiffy new army uniform. One of the saddest days of my life. I just knew he was the perfect definition of cannon fodder. Within a couple weeks he was on his way home in a body bag and a flag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Class of 450+ A few that I know of have passed. Had a list at our 30th a few years back. No one on death list I knew very well. In January a HS football buddy one year behind my class passed from some weird skin disease. Special Operator Unit for US Marshalls. Had a nice wake for him at a local restaurant and about half the team showed including a few of the coaches.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My 50th class reunion is here this July. I didn’t like school much and most of the kids even less. I won’t be going to the reunion, I have no idea how many are dead, never really thought much about it…

Thats kinda sad.

No crying here. Seniors strutting down senior hall hoping to get noticed by one of the cool people.

What’s sad is how people relate their whole life to when they graduated high school. I didn’t even go to graduation. When school got out, everyone looked around and I was gone. It was like closing the door on a bad dream.

If you couldn’t tell, I didn’t like school much. All the cool people are adults or dead and what they did after high school is of no concern for me.

I do know that all the jocks that went to college, couldn’t drink any more beer than I could and none could beat me in a foosball game down at the “St George And The Dragon” where everyone went for dime time on Tuesday nights and Friday afternoon club.

In case anyone wonders, I won’t be going to the reunion…

No problem with that.

I hated school...but got along with most of the kids.

I am MAGA.
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
Have my 35 year HS reunion coming up in 2 weeks. 27 are no longer with us. Class size of 112. Sad.

Unless you graduated at age 50, that sounds like a terrible mortality rate! Chernobyl HS, maybe? I guess Baltimore might be just as bad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My 50th class reunion is here this July. I didn’t like school much and most of the kids even less. I won’t be going to the reunion, I have no idea how many are dead, never really thought much about it…

Thats kinda sad.

No crying here. Seniors strutting down senior hall hoping to get noticed by one of the cool people.

What’s sad is how people relate their whole life to when they graduated high school. I didn’t even go to graduation. When school got out, everyone looked around and I was gone. It was like closing the door on a bad dream.

If you couldn’t tell, I didn’t like school much. All the cool people are adults or dead and what they did after high school is of no concern for me.

I do know that all the jocks that went to college, couldn’t drink any more beer than I could and none could beat me in a foosball game down at the “St George And The Dragon” where everyone went for dime time on Tuesday nights and Friday afternoon club.

In case anyone wonders, I won’t be going to the reunion…

No problem with that.

I hated school...but got along with most of the kids.

Hate the circus but miss the monkeys applies to a lot of things for me too.

Me

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

637 members (06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 68 invisible), 2,039 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,917
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.