Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Pretty open country for a sneak attack in mid afternoon.
Gotta think the guy had his bear spray in a pack.
Also noticed the guy was from NY…
Never having handled a can of bear spray, I gotta ask…
How is it in a strong breeze? Wind drift???
Not laffin
Just chucklin

Bet it floats more than a .44 mag hard cast.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I looked on the ‘fire to get more info on the recent bear attack since there wasn’t much in the news yet about the guys recovery and the details. Didn’t expect to step into such a sh-storm but Ill just say you have way too many bears out there. It’s not safe at all to go hiking by yourself within 100 miles of Jellystone Park in my opinion and those who camp/hike/fish in the park (where firearms aren’t generally permitted I gather) that’s REAL crazy. I’m not sure the managers aren’t guilty of reckless endangerment to even permit it, regardless of signage. I know I wouldn’t get a wink of sleep in a tent at a park campground there and it seems like willful ignorance that people do it. Don’t know about the non-predatory ruling on this one but if I were an apex predator eating moths, I’d go for the larger piece of meat walking towards me every time. Shouldn’t joke about a seriously injured man but come on!... you’ve got to be more careful than that!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Y33611
I looked on the ‘fire to get more info on the recent bear attack since there wasn’t much in the news yet about the guys recovery and the details. Didn’t expect to step into such a sh-storm but Ill just say you have way too many bears out there. It’s not safe at all to go hiking by yourself within 100 miles of Jellystone Park in my opinion and those who camp/hike/fish in the park (where firearms aren’t generally permitted I gather) that’s REAL crazy. I’m not sure the managers aren’t guilty of reckless endangerment to even permit it, regardless of signage. I know I wouldn’t get a wink of sleep in a tent at a park campground there and it seems like willful ignorance that people do it. Don’t know about the non-predatory ruling on this one but if I were an apex predator eating moths, I’d go for the larger piece of meat walking towards me every time. Shouldn’t joke about a seriously injured man but come on!... you’ve got to be more careful than that!

Firearms are now allowed in Yellowstone & Glacier N.P. it's the discharging them that's illegal as hell.... especially into "their" critters, doesn't matter if it's chewing on you!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by irfubar

Firearms are now allowed in Yellowstone & Glacier N.P. it's the discharging them that's illegal as hell.... especially into "their" critters, doesn't matter if it's chewing on you!

Hey, they only take the old, sick and dying anyways. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Self defense is allowed. Better be able to show you were in danger of death or bodily harm.

It's is illegal to be within 100yds of a grizzly.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Self defense is allowed. Better be able to show you were in danger of death or bodily harm.

It's is illegal to be within 100yds of a grizzly.

Not just in the park, but anywhere………you better be prepared to “prove” that you were in serious danger! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I'd be surprised if this were true. Has anyone been prosecuted under these circumstances?

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
As one of L'Amour's characters commented, the country does fill up wonderfully with only you and a grizzly in it.

Ours in Alaska are mostly "nice" bears - the ones that live in my neighborhood are anyway. Hardly ever create a problem if one isn't stupid (BTDT)

But then, they have abundant food supplies locally and get hunted. I do believe both makes a difference. I "trust" the Interior bears less. Their rp is that they are more aggressive.e

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR

I'd be surprised if this were true. Has anyone been prosecuted under these circumstances?

Ok guys maybe I was exaggerating.. a bit. But as comrad Burns pointed out, you better have a damn good case for discharging your firearm into one of their bears

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WMR

Ok guys maybe I was exaggerating.. a bit. But as comrad Burns pointed out, you better have a damn good case for discharging your firearm into one of their bears
you can't just shoot and walk away ?

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I was in that country back in October with an area 62 elk tag in my pocket. The first morning of my hunt I killed a bull in under Irish Rock. We had seen several Grizzs the day before and my guide was real concerned as we quartered the bull up. I was given guard duty while Sam did the cutting. We promptly loaded the quarters on some donkeys and got back to camp. That’s some wild country. My kinda place.

Mackey.

Mackey
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was just up in East Glacier back country fishing. Talked to a few of the rangers regarding the grizzly pops now in Montana Idaho and Wy in nationals parks. They say I was carrying and we had a conversation. Supposedly much more lax with shooting bears now . Cant confirm just interesting convo. They were granola types but you could they weren't happy working in the park with more bears in their work areas

Originally Posted by WMR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the looks I get from tourons in Glacier when they see my Ruger Bisley 44 mag.... hahahhahaha

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WMR

NPS is very proprietary about their bears. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Blackheart
LOL
You should stay in new york.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
LOL
What is somebody watching the fuggers all the time ? The fish cops keep you guys right under their thumbs ? People poach bear and deer here all the time and get away with it. I know people who've done it every year for a lifetime and never got caught. You'd think as big and sparsely populated as Alaska and Montana are comparatively it would be easier.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL
What is somebody watching the fuggers all the time ? The fish cops keep you guys right under their thumbs ? People poach bear and deer here all the time and get away with it. I know people who've done it every year for a lifetime and never got caught.

In a national park??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL
What is somebody watching the fuggers all the time ? The fish cops keep you guys right under their thumbs ? People poach bear and deer here all the time and get away with it. I know people who've done it every year for a lifetime and never got caught.

In a national park??
I'd just stay out of the parks. I thought we were talking remote areas not in a park since people were talking about having hunted the area.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LOL
What is somebody watching the fuggers all the time ? The fish cops keep you guys right under their thumbs ? People poach bear and deer here all the time and get away with it. I know people who've done it every year for a lifetime and never got caught. You'd think as big and sparsely populated as Alaska and Montana are comparatively it would be easier.
You never know who is watching...

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/apr/02/video-captures-father-and-son-brutally-kill-a-bear/

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1minute, 60 invisible), 2,897 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.