Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am looking to buy a cordless pole saw for use around the yard and also for trimming around deer stands. I do not want gas.

Suggestions? Experience? Brands to stay away from?

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Milwaukee M18, Makita, Dewalt.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Black & Deker has the longest reach that I was able to find and works great.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have all DeWalt at home so that's what I would go with so I can share batteries. If I were starting from scratch, I would look really hard at Milwaukee.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The old man next door (my father in law) has that Ryobi.

I know Ryobi sucks but he uses it all the time here on the farm. Keeps it on his tractor when he heads out to the pasture to bush hog.

If it was total crap, he would have torn it up already.

But whatever alla that sheeit is made in China in one giant factory ran by Dan Halen Sheetrock International.
Paint it red, blue, green all same

Get the harbor freight one and rub how good it works in all the dickheads’ faces on here

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I’ve got many Ryobi 18 volt tools and batteries. The pole saw with the extension piece gets on up there and does an excellent job. I’ve got 2, 8” chainsaw blades for it.

I use the pole saw quite a bit and gave my gas Husquavarna one to my cousin.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have the Dewalt.

Itworks great. Battery lasts a long time.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don't have any recommendations.

But I don't recommend what I saw a couple fellas doing.

Corded circular saw duct taped to a steel pipe, long extension cord, being used on an old oak tree where one of them had shinnied up to a low branch during a light rain while the other fed him cord. Was going to stick around and video them for a future Faces of Death but me watching was making them nervous.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Do you already own any battery tools? I have the Milwaukee it's great, if I'm not using the saw I use the weed Wacker head or the lawn edger attachment. And the battery works with all my other tools

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I have all DeWalt at home so that's what I would go with so I can share batteries. If I were starting from scratch, I would look really hard at Milwaukee.

Same here. But the DeWalt is rated well & the good one is about 50 bucks less than the equivalent Milwaukee.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Never saw a electric saw that was worth a sheit, I guess if you need to cut a switch to whip your kids they'd be ok.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't have the DeWalt, I fugkin wish I did. I've got just about every other DeWalt tool that will run on 60/120 volts battery powered. They fugkin rock. DeWalt has got it going on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

- Rogue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wildfowl;
Good afternoon to you, I hope that this July 4th weekend finds you well.

When I was looking for a 10' pole pruner I did look first at DeWalt because I already had a couple batteries for a drill and impact driver set, so I picked up this one.

This is the 3rd summer now for it and it's given perfect service.

The saw works without the center 3½' extension in it so one isn't stuck with it being 10' long if you don't need it.

I've used it on Saskatoon trees for hardwoods, but mostly for Ponderosa Pine and Doug Fir around the place when I'm doing fire suppression pruning. It will cut through a dead 8" Doug Fir branch a bit slower than my Stihl MS 170 for sure, but not that much slower, so it's fairly impressive that way. The brushless motor has a decent amount of jam, but like a chainsaw needs to be started out of the cut and dropped into the wood.

The battery lasts longer than I care to cut, so I want to say at least 3 to 4 hours of cutting. By the time I cut branches for that long it's a full day dragging them out and dealing with them and while I'm dragging and piling the battery is on the charger.

So far I've used the same Stihl bar oil I use on the rest of the chainsaws here and file the chain the same way as well.

Hopefully that's of use to you or someone out there.

Good luck whichever way you decide and Happy Fourth of July.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have DeWalt impacts and drills so I was disappointed three or four years ago when I went looking for one and they hadn't made it yet. I ended up buying a cheap 40V Green Works and it has been great. Three pieces so you can leave out the center section for close work or put it in for more reach. Someone told me they changed the design and it doesn't come apart now.

Whichever one you get, make sure the chain head is at a slight angle to the pole not straight out. That way you can just lift it up, rest the chain on a branch and pull the trigger. The weight does the work; you don't have to push on the pole.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My neighbor had an Oregon. He would let me use it whenever I wanted. I finally asked him if I could just buy it from him and he could then borrow it from me whenever he wants.

It does everything I need. In fact, I usually wear out before it does.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I used my neighbor's Dewalt and it's a beast. I used it to cut an 8" diameter dead pine trunk that was hung up after a storm.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have the Dewalt, and it's been stellar!

Have the Dewalt grass trimmer too. It's very good as well.

Might as well, since I have the Dewalt 1/2" impact, circular saw, sawzall, and grease gun. smile

No complaints at all.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have had the milwaukee fuel with extension for several years. Great pole saw. I would recommend it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for all the info. Really helps with my additional research. I use Rigid hand power tools and they do not make a pole saw for their batteries so I am starting over from that standpoint.

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
521 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.