-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Closed fist to a man's face/head is less than the best strategy if you have a choice. Sometimes you don't have a choice. It IS the best way to end up with broken fingers and big knuckles.

Old guy told me once................. "It's a fool set of legs that'll let a face take a beatin' "

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just last night one of the liberals started to threaten me right on AccurateReloading. Said he wished he had the chance to punch me right in the face. Even went so far as to PM me threatening to do same if I was man enough to provide me with a place of meeting. Admittedly, I enjoyed the sport of goading him along but jeez. I emailed the owner and said I was taking a break from his site for a bit. There are some pretty good folks and great knowledge and info there, but I generally hang out here more anyway.

Last edited by bluefish; 07/01/22.

The way life should be.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
When I was 9, we built a cabin near West Yellowstone. The night we completed the structure, we went into town to celebrate with a rare meal at a restaurant. This was the summer of 1963 and my dad was 53 by then.

When we pulled into the parking lot, a punk in his early 20’s came strolling up to my dad and accused him of throwing a beer bottle at his car when we passed each other on the dirt road to the cabin.

My dad straightened out the punk’s confusion and his front teeth, in one solid blow to his face. That kid hit the ground so hard, the cigarettes in the sleeve of his t shirt, went flying all over the street. I remember picking up all the free cigarettes to give to my dad as a reward for his pugilism.

The kid picked up what was left of himself and told my dad he was going to get the sheriff and come and get my dad. Dad told him it wouldn’t be hard to find him, as he would be inside the Horseshoe Cafe having dinner.

We even had dessert that night without a visit from the local constable. This was the man you didn’t screw with, few did and no one more than once…

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

that's a great picture

my old man was a fighter too, mostly people of authority trying to tell him what to do. He was unemployed alot.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Last time: Started punching folks in the face and getting punched in the face by them around 7:30 am last Sunday morning.. The violence stopped somewhere around 9:00.

Will happen again tonight.

...then again Sunday morning before Church.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Been a couple years since I hit a person. I’m in outside sales so lots of windshield time. Stopped by a truck stop late one night and this drunk guy in the bathroom evidently thought it was ok to take a peak while I’m pissing. I warned him once eyes forward. The second time I folded him up in the corner and left. Big black guy standing there washing his hands, told the guy laying on the floor he should have kept his eyes forward 😂😂

We have a formal even every year we attend (black tie). Standing talking to a lady last spring and her husband comes up drunk as hell looking for a fight. I sit on the board of directors at the club where this event takes place. He gets in my face and I slowly start removing jacket and watch. Luckily for him the chairman of the board sees me and got me to the truck before I could do something stupid. funny thing is this idiot thought I was after his wife. My wife of 19 years was by far the best looking woman at the event. Of course I’m biased.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Joshm28; 07/01/22.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Lots of best sellers -fiction here. LOL

This is probably way more accurate.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17339854/1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last one I recall, back about '89 or so in Germany. A bar thing. Went outside to grab a pack of smokes from the car. Upon exiting, there were two guys there harassing one of the young ladies of our group, and I intervened. One guy got in my face, and (not watching my six), the other came up from behind, wrapped me up, and drove me to the ground on my knees. His buddy commences to punching me in the head. All I can remember was looking up and seeing a crotch right in front of me. I reach up with everything I had and took a handful of nuts. He screamed, went to ground. I shook off his buddy and proceeded to pound the living hell out of that guy until someone pulled me off. Only complete azz kicking I recall ever putting on anyone.

Another time about the same period, gave a young drunk artillery Lt. the what for. Got up in my face, pushed me, and I knocked him on his azz. Laying on the floor he yelled "you just fugged up, I'm a black belt". I told him to jump up and let's go then. He finally got up off floor, and backed off with the help of his friends dragging him away saying "I'll have your azz, you can't do that to an officer". Thought I might be in trouble over that one even though I didn't start a damn thing. One of his buddies made a big show of trying to get my name, rank and unit. But the bar manager knew me well, and knew him somewhat, and reached out to him through her husband. Turned out to be no worry. Next day after he sobered up the guy told her "No problem, I was drunk and looking for a fight, and I found one".

Since those days, I avoid where I can and prefer the just walk away method of dealing with things, unless it is a protection of the old lady or family. Not worth potentially losing gun rights in this fugged up state for 10 years over an assault rap.

Did pepper spray the hell out of a dude in San Diego a few years ago. Came around the corner after picking up dinner take out, and found this drunk, pissing on the front door of the old lady's apartment. He took exception to my dissatisfaction of the matter, and came at me. A minute or two and three blasts of pepper spray later, and he decided he was done for the evening.

The first spray was priceless though. I had one of those ASP "key defenders" in my hand, and I'm guessing he had zero idea in his drunken haze what it was and just thought I had the dukes up. Hands up in defensive stance, and kept backing away. I warned him to back off, but he kept coming, and I was nearing an area where my back was going to be against a wall. *Spray* The look on his face, lol. Blink - blink - WTF just happen..... "Aaaarggghhh!"

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by ironbender
It’s generally old hippies. 😉
Old hippie lookin' folks.

I used to tell people that called me a hippie that "Yeah, but hippies are non-violent. I may not be"

I picked that up in the Crocs thread.

Some super gunsmith from NY would be very embarrassed to get his ass kicked by a bare footed alleged hippy.

Nah, I'm kind of a nice guy now.

Beside, I hold no animosity toward him, we just disagree on scheidt like footwear.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by MickeyD
The last time I threw a punch was about 40 years ago when I confronted a supposed friend about my suspicions that he'd been fuqing my now long since ex wife.
Bastard had the audacity to not only admit it but laugh about it saying "what the hell you gonna do about it ass hole"?

I hit him on the jaw with everything I had breaking his jaw and knocking him out. I was about to follow up on that with some more pummeling then saw a pretty significant trail of blood flowing from his left ear.
That scared the schitt out of me! I thought I'd killed him and would wind up in prison. Fortunately, he came too after a few minutes and, over time, recovered.
That was the last time I threw a punch in anger.

At my age now, I'd hate to find myself in a fight. I've got a 13 year old grandson that could probably kick my ancient ass.
That's why we are always armed nowadays.
Especially since they grow much bigger 13 year olds now than when I was that age!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The last time I was in a fight had to be about 1957 or 58. My buddy and I were with out dates at a swimming pool and this jerk started harassing my date. He kept blocking her from jumping of the diving board. Well I ask her what's the problem and she tells me. I looked at him and told him to knock it off, she's with me. He says, "F you!" Next thing he knew he was at the bottom of an 8 foot deep pool with me trying to pound his head into pulp.

Of course we both get kicked out of the pool and told to leave. My buddy and I are in the locker room along with the guy and his buddies and they decide to kick our butts. The guy I clobbered told his buds I was a berserker and let's just call a truce.

We left with our dates and went for out nightly stop and the local hamburger joint. That was the last fight I was ever involved in. Had a few close calls but was lucky enough to defuse the situation. Guess I was about 19 or 30 back then. Today, at my age engaging in a physical fight would be like committing suicide. I'd just as soon not.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Only once did I ever get pushed far enough to fight. I just snapped. One punch and it was all over...

Afterwards, I told her: If you get on my foot with that wheelchair again, I'll knock your ass out again!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Over 40 years ago, local night club had friday night fights, had a ring and ref, sign up in weight class, 3 rounds, winner gets 20 bucks. I only lost once, guy got a jab on my nose, didn't hurt but started bleeding and wouldn't stop, I tried to tell the ref to allow me to continue, I'd stuff a napkin in my nose... he wouldn't and called it for a technical knockout.

My girlfriend who's my wife always came and cheered me on... I still hear about the time I was whooped at Scene's West in front of everybody... and didn't get that 20 bucks...

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back in high school there was a feller going around giving everybody a black eye, thought he was tough. I figured he needed a whipping so I told him to meet me in the bathroom after class. Soon as he walked in and spoke a word I threw a right jab and layed his nose sideways. I punched him til he wouldn't raise his head up anymore. I looked him up a while back, and he's got 2 dozen mugshots. He did land one on my jaw, but didn't phase me. Almost 30 yrs ago
Only other confrontations didn't involve fists just twisting arms til they cooled down.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Frayser
Only once did I ever get pushed far enough to fight. I just snapped. One punch and it was all over...

Afterwards, I told her: If you get on my foot with that wheelchair again, I'll knock your ass out again!

You made me laugh out loud.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Junior High; about where it should stop.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tough guys only use a thumb.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
Seems like there’s lots of tough guys on here. I’m just curious when was the last time you either punched some MOFO or when you thought he said stand up instead of shut up?? Let’s hear your last or best brawl story! Get out some of that pent up toxic testosterone!! There’s a few guys on here that I have no doubt would have zero qualms about getting it on. We’ll see if I’m right.

I’ll go first. Been 20 something years. Used to have to fight a bit in HS. I think I had an invisible “ph uck with me” on my forehead. Never was worth damn at it but held my own I guess.

This ought to be fun!
not to this day.... But I can guarantee you - there's a few that I can't wait to lay a haymaker on their noses... One guy - I won't indicate who - will die if I ever cross his path... Just sayin'............

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I pretty much lived in bars when I was growing up, teens till about 29. lots of stories.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I pretty much lived in bars when I was growing up, teens till about 29. lots of stories.

losttrail60 thinks some of our stories are fiction
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ed-were-punched-in-the-face#Post17384838

If we had cell phones with video capabilities back then, there'd be a lot of evidence he's mistaken.

And Grizz thinks some of us are hard cases................. laugh

Last edited by Valsdad; 07/01/22.

In it is contentment

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.