Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Tough guys only use a thumb.

The throat punch might be considered cheating at the end. He said only his right thumb.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Uncle Bills in Reserve 4 years ago.

We had/have history and will probably wind up in a fight every time we cross paths.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not since my teen years. I used to get picked on a lot for being the fat kid, So I believed it was my duty to beat the hell out of any bullies. Broke both my hands a couple times until I learned there's better ways to put a kid down and administer maximum pain.
When I got to my 18th birthday my Mom told me I had better stop or I'd end up in jail. Since then I've had a serious come to Jesus meeting with a couple people, but it didn't come to blows.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I pretty much lived in bars when I was growing up, teens till about 29. lots of stories.

losttrail60 thinks some of our stories are fiction
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ed-were-punched-in-the-face#Post17384838

If we had cell phones with video capabilities back then, there'd be a lot of evidence he's mistaken.

And Grizz thinks some of us are hard cases................. laugh

My guess is 99% of the tough guys here simply remember things wrong. The 2 boomers fighting by the pool in that thread from a few weeks ago is more accurate.

N
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by SLM

We had/have history and will probably wind up in a fight every time we cross paths.

Interesting! Local guy? Guide? What caused the bad blood?

I’ve got an Uncle Bills story. Before my best friend died in 05 we pulled into reserve late one night to scout for an upcoming bull hunt. We decided to pull in and wet our whistle before we headed to camp. There was a pretty good party going on and we were just minding our own business. There was a big bunch of locals having a good time and one in particular. I don’t know for sure but I would have bet this guy was gay. We didn’t care and neither did none of his friends, some of which were pretty rough characters. We are having our drinks and my friend gets a weird look on his face. He gets red and says I think this sumbeach just grabbed me ass. I looked past him and it could have been possible. I said you do what you want but if you hit this guy we might not make it outta here alive. He thought about it and said hurry up and drink your drink and let’s get to camp! On the way to camp I was giving him hell but prudence was definitely the better choice that night!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
IC B2

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
In the early 80s I was working in Brodus Montana. Sitting on a bar stool talking to a couple guys from Alaska. Nest thing I know I’m on the scrambling to get up. A guy sucker punched me from behind. Got up and was gonna proceed to kick his ass. The barmaid stopped me and and let me know that was her boyfriend. He had found out I was banging her ass.
I let it slide because he hit like a girl anyway. Edk

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I pretty much lived in bars when I was growing up, teens till about 29. lots of stories.

If we had cell phones with video capabilities back then, there'd be a lot of evidence he's mistaken.

I have the scares.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by losttrail60

My guess is 99% of the tough guys here simply remember things wrong. The 2 boomers fighting by the pool in that thread from a few weeks ago is more accurate.
probably true for a lot but not some of us.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Laffin’, have had some really good times in Uncle Bills. Ever meat the female USO guide they called “bear trap” there? Speaking of gays and bars, we were working in Alamogordo and had got 86’d from the Rocket the night before and 3 of us decided to try a little bar we had passed off 70 going towards the base (Nickels?). After about 2 hours, we realized it was only dudes coming in, we laughed and kept drinking, but figured we should probably leave before we got drunk and did something dumb and got whipped by a bunch of gay guys.

At the time he was day working for someone up there cause the loser can’t keep a job and it was just a chance meeting. We rodeoed together and he did a good female friend of mine real wrong.

Originally Posted by NMpistolero
Originally Posted by SLM

Interesting! Local guy? Guide? What caused the bad blood?

I’ve got an Uncle Bills story. Before my best friend died in 05 we pulled into reserve late one night to scout for an upcoming bull hunt. We decided to pull in and wet our whistle before we headed to camp. There was a pretty good party going on and we were just minding our own business. There was a big bunch of locals having a good time and one in particular. I don’t know for sure but I would have bet this guy was gay. We didn’t care and neither did none of his friends, some of which were pretty rough characters. We are having our drinks and my friend gets a weird look on his face. He gets red and says I think this sumbeach just grabbed me ass. I looked past him and it could have been possible. I said you do what you want but if you hit this guy we might not make it outta here alive. He thought about it and said hurry up and drink your drink and let’s get to camp! On the way to camp I was giving him hell but prudence was definitely the better choice that night!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Given and got both enough times. Last was 10 years ago in Las Vegas. Talking to a gal that took the seat next to me for 20 minutes or so before some dude walked up talking about "how long you think I'm gonna let you talk to my girl..." I stood up and his pal tried to grab me from behind. Tagged the first dude great before we all fell to the floor, three dudes and me. I was hitting everything I could touch until I popped up. When I realized they were blocking my path to the door, I pulled my knife and walked right out between them. I am 45 now. Not sure if she was setting me up or guy just was insecure. Don't matter much anyway.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Seems like there’s lots of tough guys on here.

I must not be one of them. I have never punched anyone in the face, and no one has ever punched me in the face.
same same

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Not since my teen years. I used to get picked on a lot for being the fat kid, So I believed it was my duty to beat the hell out of any bullies. Broke both my hands a couple times until I learned there's better ways to put a kid down and administer maximum pain.
When I got to my 18th birthday my Mom told me I had better stop or I'd end up in jail. Since then I've had a serious come to Jesus meeting with a couple people, but it didn't come to blows.
You seem so mellow!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SLM

Got the boot from there one time for falling asleep in a booth. My buddies were pissed, had some guaranteed action with some local fatties, and I fûcked it all up I guess lol.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by ingwe
Seems like there’s lots of tough guys on here.

I must not be one of them. I have never punched anyone in the face, and no one has ever punched me in the face.
same same

I don’t know how a person can get through life without ever getting socked or socking somebody.

Congrats.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Laffin’, women just look at the beard and they’re pregnant.

I’m always amazed how many people I talk to that have an Uncle Bills story. Had some great times at that place. Ever visit the Golden Spur in Magdalena?

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SLM

Got the boot from there one time for falling asleep in a booth. My buddies were pissed, had some guaranteed action with some local fatties, and I fûcked it all up I guess lol.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Let's see,.....47 years ago. I was playing foosball. I was pretty good at it back then. We were playing doubles. I kept scoring points on this guy and all of a sudden he ran up and punched me in the face.

We punched each other in the face until we got tired of it. Then we cussed each other for a while longer.

It seemed odd at the time. It seems even more odd 47 years later.

N
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
[quote=SLM]Laffin’, have had some really good times in Uncle Bills. Ever meat the female USO guide they called “bear trap” there? Speaking of gays and bars, we were working in Alamogordo and had got 86’d from the Rocket the night before and 3 of us decided to try a little bar we had passed off 70 going towards the base (Nickels?). After about 2 hours, we realized it was only dudes coming in, we laughed and kept drinking, but figured we should probably leave before we got drunk and did something dumb and got whipped by a bunch of gay guys.

I don’t think I know ol Bear Trap
The only gal I ever guided with was Audrey H now Mc. I think she might have started out with USO. Maybe that’s her! But to answer your question I never “meated” her hahahaha

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Laffin’, just caught that…Dam spell check.

[quote=SLM]Laffin’, have had some really good times in Uncle Bills. Ever meat the female USO guide they called “bear trap” there? Speaking of gays and bars, we were working in Alamogordo and had got 86’d from the Rocket the night before and 3 of us decided to try a little bar we had passed off 70 going towards the base (Nickels?). After about 2 hours, we realized it was only dudes coming in, we laughed and kept drinking, but figured we should probably leave before we got drunk and did something dumb and got whipped by a bunch of gay guys.

I don’t think I know ol Bear Trap
The only gal I ever guided with was Audrey H now Mc. I think she might have started out with USO. Maybe that’s her! But to answer your question I never “meated” her hahahaha

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Every now and again I’ll catch one breaking up a fight at work, guy learns pretty quick how to avoid it, but it do happen. Anymore I just wait, watch as I like a good fight, and wait for a opportunity to mow 1 or both over with a good bull rush. Lotsa good 8-20 person fights at “work”, guy learns fairly quick when/what to do. Anymore, unless someone is gettin stomped I just sit back and watch.

Why im commenting on this I have no idea, cause I have no business commenting.. 😂😂

23 years, clientele is 18-25 year olds, worst of the worst in Washington state. Biggest thing I’ve noticed and love, thugs don’t know how to wrestle, keep your chin low , get ahold of em, it’s usually that easy. Please forgive me, as I am just guessing! 👊🏻😂😘

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Judman
Every now and again I’ll catch one breaking up a fight at work, guy learns pretty quick how to avoid it, but it do happen. Anymore I just wait, watch as I like a good fight, and wait for a opportunity to mow 1 or both over with a good bull rush. Lotsa good 8-20 person fights at “work”, guy learns fairly quick when/what to do. Anymore, unless someone is gettin stomped I just sit back and watch.

Why im commenting on this I have no idea, cause I have no business commenting.. 😂😂

23 years, clientele is 18-25 year olds, worst of the worst in Washington state. Biggest thing I’ve noticed and love, thugs don’t know how to wrestle, keep your chin low , get ahold of em, it’s usually that easy. Please forgive me, as I am just guessing! 👊🏻😂😘

Very weird. Just saying!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,599
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.