Campfire Regular
H
Yes montreal.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A little garlic powder and a little onion powder then brushed with melted butter. What salt is needed can be found in the butter. On very rare occasions I'll use a premade mix containing salt and various peppers but that is not often.

Cover in A-1 before serving.

Just kidding!

WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Borsari Original Seasoning.
Done!

Alternatively, Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good piece of beef needs S&P. Next!! Haha 😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Montreal seasoning,.. JFC it's a friggin ribeye. It don't need no toxic powder to taste good. WTF is wrong with you people. Garlic? Fugk off.

So you think your way is absolute and the only way to cook a [bleep] steak? People have different tastes that's why a plethora of spices are readily available. Don't be bashing people that like their food cooked differently, dick head.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hugh
Yes montreal.

👍

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by shootem
Fresh rosemary along with the salt & pepper

Rosemary is excellent on venison steaks!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Brush with teriyaki, sprinkle with sea salt and coarse ground pepper. People that put ketchup on steak probably put it on their hotdogs too !

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I use salt and then rub it down with a good amount of this:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If ya sear at high temp, pre applied pepper won't hold up & just burns off.

When I've applied a pat of butter just before the resting stage, 10 min is better than 5 IMO, but 5 minutes minimum at least, then apply fresh ground pepper. That's when it will show up on yer tastey buds.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Montreal seasoning, grill over lump charcoal at highest heat possible for three to four minutes per side.

I like Montreal myself! I’ve cooked the wife and I lots of steaks over the years and Montreal is our go to!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Tony Chachere’s! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I like mine sprayed with duck fat, then seasoned with Lawrys and coarse black pepper. When it comes off the grill at rare I will hit it with a light sprinkle of Maldon sea salt. Sometimes I add a couple very small slices of Kerrygold too.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have a pair of 16 ounce strip steaks dry brining right now. Tomorrow will be a good day.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Look at the ingredients in Doe’s dry rub steak seasoning. Salt, garlic, Worcestershire sauce powder, onion powder, soy sauce powder.

I apply a light coat of Worcestershire sauce, then coarse salt and fine ground pepper. Cook HOT, turning every 60 seconds. Let sit for 4 minutes, pat of butter on top.

Delicious.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Cook it on hot grill so it comes out extra rare, maybe 2 minutes per side. Then I apply salt as i eat it. No pepper required for a good steak.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Salt, pepper and garlic is all that's needed. Cook it rare. JMHO

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Montreal seasoning,.. JFC it's a friggin ribeye. It don't need no toxic powder to taste good. WTF is wrong with you people. Garlic? Fugk off.

So you think your way is absolute and the only way to cook a [bleep] steak? People have different tastes that's why a plethora of spices are readily available. Don't be bashing people that like their food cooked differently, dick head.
10-4.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In the years I've been buying and eating beef, I've always preferred to by it on the hoof and have it processed at the local locker plant. Most of the time it's calves raised by family or local 4H kids. Somebody's pet calf named clover, or buttercup. Most of the time there has been no option to "select" a cut of beef in the butcher's case. You get what you get, and it comes wrapped and frozen on wire trays from the locker plant freezer. (Bring your own boxes, and have your freezer ready to receive) This does have the advantage of steaks being cut your way, and wrapped in whatever number of steaks you choose, but you don't get to look your beef over before buying.

And I've never been disappointed overall, with the beef I bought. Maybe 2wice, in the course of 30-35 halves, I've found that some of the steaks or roasts were a bit gristly, or chewy.
This half, at 509 hanging weight, was the first that I just bought straight from the locker with no idea of the source, or who raised it. I wondered what I'd get, but after a couple of packages of burger, one chuck roast, and these steaks tonight, I'd guess that we've done as well as we ever did. Three ribeyes polished off with not a scrap left on any plate.

The BIL, who has raised most of our calves is doing grandkid stuff that requires a bunch of driving and being gone. He had a nephew that would feed calves, or sometimes I'd help, but time passes and things change. This spring I looked hard to find a calf raised by someone I know. I was always a day late on everything. But based on my experience this time, I'd trust the locker to take care of us anytime.

Prices are up. Seems like the other day I was buying halves for ~$400, cut wrapped and frozen. $1398.85 was the check I wrote a week ago. The price raises my eyebrows, but I'm glad to do it this way,rather than deal with Kroger, or County Market. They don't exactly seem cheap either.

I don't know what Rosemary is, really. Googled it,and I'll likely try it. Maybe the wife knows?
Lot's of advice on salt and pepper. Kosher salt, course salt, or whatever. I've never salted a steak, before or after grilling.
Here and there I've used seasoning mixes or rubs, so I've no doubt they contained salt.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 50 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,520
Posts18,452,713
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.