Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
4x10 kettle bell swings 45lbs, 50lbs, 60lbs, 70lbs.
One arm kettle bell clean and press 45lbs 4x8
Jump lunges 3x8
Sled sprints 130lbs 4 sets of 40 meters.

Drew a couple good elk tags, gotta get in the best physical condition I can.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/17/22.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Roughly the same schedule for me every week. I mix up the lifts every workout. The only lifts that stays the same are clean/jerk on Mondays and snatches on Thursday. Following is always a 3 lift circuit with a "big" lift, push, pull - Monday posterior chain focus on big lift, Thursday more knee forward big lift. Try to go three weeks without repeating a lift. Aux circuit is usually something range of motion/rehab related and core related.

Sunday:
Boxing training, some thai mixed in, sparring

Monday:
Clean/jerk - warm up/work up gradually doing singles, 5 or 6 sets of singles once up to working weight, 1 minute rest between sets
Circuit: several light warmup rounds, 3 work rounds, 1 min rest between rounds, no rest between lifts in circuit
Clean pulls
Bar Shoulder press
Pullups (bar)
Light aux circuit: 3 rounds, no rest between lifts or rounds
Calf raise
Static abs
Rev Hypers

Tuesday:
12, 3 min rounds, alternating rounds between double end bag and thai bag
1 min on elliptical between rounds

Wed:
Light boxing, 10 rounds, lot so stretching/recovery

Thursday:
Snatch - - warm up/work up gradually doing singles, 5 or 6 sets of singles once up to working weight, 1 minute rest between sets
Circuit: several light warmup rounds, 3 work rounds, 1 min rest between rounds, no rest between lifts in circuit
High Bar Squats
Dips on rings
Chinups (rings)
Light aux circuit: 3 rounds, no rest between lifts or rounds
Int/ext sh rotations
Leg raises
Stiff legged dl

Friday:
MMA training, mainly ground work, sparring

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been away for a while. Running weeks have dipped as we ended the school year. But this past week was my best running week since March. 6 miles last Sunday plus runs Tue and Thu and kettlebell or body weight workouts Mon and Wed plus I’ll wrap up with another KB workout today. Feels good to get back in it.

Run log

Week 24 (Jun 12-18): 14.7
Jun Total: 36.5

2022 Total: 275.3 / 24 ( 11.47 / Wk)

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
29 miles on the trails last week, not too bad considering I was on vacation all. I’m just 3 miles shy of a 1000 miles- still on track for my goal of 2022 miles.

No strength training though; nose to the grindstone when I get back laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Will be working on a seasonal cardiovascular exercise the next couple of days. Got out the scythe this morning and tuned up the edge with a whetstone and will heading out shortly to cut Hogweed, Canadian and Bull thistles.

It will be in the 90s today and tomorrow with high dew points so expecting a good work out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That will get you breathing hard.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Roundoak,
Please dress in all black. And if a car drives by, take a break. Hold the scythe blade up and just watch the car until it's out of sight.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sunday:
Boxing, muay thai, sparring

Monday:
Cleared fence rows to celebrate Juneteenth. Messed up my WO schedule and was tougher than a day at work.

Tuesday:
Clean/jerk - warm up/work up gradually doing singles, 5 or 6 sets of singles once up to working weight, 1 minute rest between sets
Hang Snatches (catch in power, not full squat)
Powerlifting Squat (low bar, shins vertical)
DB Bench
DB Rows
...adding the hang olympic lifts to the circuit this week wore me out, no aux circuit

Wednesday:
1 min on elliptical between rounds

Thursday:
Snatch - - warm up/work up gradually doing singles, 5 or 6 sets of singles once up to working weight, 1 minute rest between sets
Hang Cleans (catch in power, not full squat)
Lunges
DB Incline
Lat Pulldowns
...again, to lazy to do aux

I'll take tomorrow off. Work day at hunting club Saturday so I'll rest up for it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
decent week- 32 miles on the trails, ~ 7000' of ascent

got two strength train sessions in- squats/bench and deadlifts/overhead press; it Wendler's 1st week of a new progression, so 5/5/5+ at 65/75/85% of 1 RM- I've started doing his first set last too which is amrap @ 65%- got pretty close to 20 reps with those last sets, so something is working smile

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
After a week vacation, back on the grind.

Explosive work, moving the bar fast.

8x6 front squats with 135lbs
6x12 rdl's 135lbs
6x8 jump split squats bodyweight
3 135lbs sled drags for 1:30

Then i ran a mile and rucked some.

102 days until opening day.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Well we are essentially 1/2 way thru the year, and I tallied up my mileage at 546 so far. Lots of trails and road mileage. I got back home in May and am also now averaging 500 feet elevation on a daily basis. Hope to continue at this pace through the rest of the year. So far only one elk tag but I am trying to remain optimistic about one more coming on a second chance draw.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
For Gunner500
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks for posting the pics JWP, i appreciate it greatly.

I read these fitness pages for inspiration from you young bucks, i have no access to a gym or dojo, dont have weights for sets etc, etc, i can tell you guys one thing, short and long handled sledge hammers, a six pack of wedges, 8lb splitting maul and a couple big Stihl saws will wear a man smooth out in this heat, been working the last 10 days for 4-5 hours starting at sunrise took the weekend off on this big cow killer of a forked red oak, happened by it on the tractor to notice the big split in the trunk, that tree is under a hill, had a massive canopy, a favorite hangout for cattle in high winds and stormy weather, that forked beast could have killed 20-30 head laying under it, no way for them to move if it let go, it's bad enough cutting it up this time of year, would have been much worse cutting it off 25 dead or maimed head of cattle, not to mention the expense.

Added another hickory tree to the split pile today, took the split wood pic yesterday standing on toolbox, have another hickory and one more water oak to finish splitting, get piled in tractor loader bucket and dumped on top of the hill to go, it will make great seasoned wood for the Winter of '23, i'm 60 and an old worn out broke down pos, funny how farm work can pop up and really put an old guy to the test, this will make carrying 10.5 and 11 pound rifles easy this fall tracking buffalo in Africa. cool

And whoever said you have to get those legs moving to get cardio hasn't swung an 8lb splitting maul in hot weather, cant figure that one out myself, do know i'm getting my ass kicked ; ]

But many thanks anyway for the inspiration men.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Jerry, there's no doubt that will keep a man busy and "worked out". I split a lot of wood growing up. We burned it and my Dad sold firewood on the side....he had cheap labor. When you have to split some sweet gum call Jackson_Handy or mtwarden....I'm not man enough. I split more than one sledge hammer handle driving wedges trying to split sweet gum growing up. Sweet gum is a different animal.

Sunday:
Boxing, muay thai, sparring

Monday:
Had to work through lunch and didn't get to train

Tuesday:
Hang Snatches (catch in power, not full squat)
Sumo Deadlift
Weighted dips
Pullups

Wednesday:
1 min on elliptical between rounds (30 sec forward/30 sec reverse)

Today:
Hang Cleans (catch in power, not full squat)
Front Squats
Standing alternating DB Shoulder press
Underhand-grip lat pulldowns
....this circuit killed my shoulders and core...

Tomorrow I'll box.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, you bet buddy Jay, btdt, sawed down a sweet gum early in my kid firewood career, came down on a block with double bit ax, damn near split my forehead wide open, rubber wood, went and got Gramps, he shook his head, "saw those sombitches up into rounds, roll em outta the pasture road, come back with hammer and wedges in about three years!" crazy LOL, i finally got em split and sold after they dried out.

You guys be careful, and happy training, do not squander your youth ; ]

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the late 70's/early 80's I made a living with a chain saw; funny never worked out a day in those four years- yet when elk season came around I could go up and down the mountains with very little effort. Funny how humping a 20# chainsaw, oil & gas and a gallon of water up and down the mountains requires no gym grin

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Funny stuff but true MTW, i'm to beat up for the weight room, or training like JCM does, i always really hated getting hit in the head ; ]......... or even looking for the latest pack and boots for mountain hiking etc, with left knee orthoscopic surgery, right knee meniscus tears, right shoulder rotator cuff tears, spinal fusion in 1992, c6 compression fracture, ping pong ball bone shattered off right elbow, funny how the injuries add up over the years, heck, i cant even do a 40 pushup routine deal i read about on the internet, they got easier after the third day, did them too fast and pulled three ribs loose from sternum LOL.

But, getting in slow grind mode in the wood pile with wedges, hammers and maul an older guy can still get a hell of a workout, as i'm in that work zone my mind keeps wondering what the hell happened, the difference between a 30 and 60 years old is absolutely mind blowing, main thing for me is to never give in or give up, cant stop. wink

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunner500
, main thing for me is to never give in or give up, cant stop. wink

true that!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mtwarden
In the late 70's/early 80's I made a living with a chain saw; funny never worked out a day in those four years- yet when elk season came around I could go up and down the mountains with very little effort. Funny how humping a 20# chainsaw, oil & gas and a gallon of water up and down the mountains requires no gym grin

Funny how 40 years in that context ain't just accumulated wisdom, either.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by mtwarden

Funny how 40 years in that context ain't just accumulated wisdom, either.......

laugh

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.