-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just ordered my second Tenacity on Tuesday, thinking this one will be chambered in 6mm CM, stainless #4 barrel from Preferred Barrels for a DIY build, thinking McMillan Game Scout and Hawkins M5 DBM with a Trigger Tech.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds VERY Seekins HAVAK First Gen-ish. Hint..................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sounds VERY Seekins HAVAK First Gen-ish. Hint..................

Stick, nice rig! My first Tenacity is back at Defiance, they warrantied my bolt handle, it hit my scope and could not cycle bolt. They are replacing the bolt with a 10* handle which they say should fix the problem but I have no idea what a "10*" bolt looks like, mostly concerned that it won't have trouble fitting the McMillan stock. I guess I'll have to wait and see when I get it and put the parts back together. I bought the first Tenacity in January of '22, they said it was an old model and has since been corrected. I think I'll mount the scope first to see if the handle clear before I finish the total assembly. I have a CA MPR in 6mm CM now that I put in a McMillan Game Scout, I really like the 6mm CM but will sell the CA when the Tenacity DIY is complete.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your proposed build sounds sweet and I LOVE said chambering,with (5) rifles so chambered running from a Barrett FC to a Ruger RAPER. Hint.

I've yet to see a CA of any flavor worth a fhuqk and you'll undoubtedly be tickled with said blueprint,which will make the CA easy to forget. Hint.

What are you gonna do for glass? I'm going Gen2 2-12x FFP Mil Lit Bitch,on the HAVAK. Hint...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your proposed build sounds sweet and I LOVE said chambering,with (5) rifles so chambered running from a Barrett FC to a Ruger RAPER. Hint.

I've yet to see a CA of any flavor worth a fhuqk and you'll undoubtedly be tickled with said blueprint,which will make the CA easy to forget. Hint.

What are you gonna do for glass? I'm going Gen2 2-12x FFP Mil Lit Bitch,on the HAVAK. Hint...........

To be fair, I've bought 5 CAs over the last couple of years and they all have been fine, quality as expected and shoot well enough, all wear McMillans. I've sold off two and will eventually sell off the others as I'd much rather have something that I build DIY with a Tenacity or similar (pre-fits only of course). I've got a few remaining Win 70s that I built a few years ago that will be available in a pinch so it's mostly about entertainment these days. The Tenacity's machining makes it easy for someone like me without a lather or necessary skills to cobble together some parts and build a rifle.

The current 6mm wears a Leupold 5HD 3-15x44 so that's what's going on the new 6mm. I have a number of 5HDs but I haven't really twisted the turrets much to tell if they will track as hopeful.

Looks like you have a few Arkens that need a place to roost.

Last edited by 257Bob; 09/08/22.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt I have more than (10) or so of the cited 4-16's and they are simply amazing mechanically. The reticle is killer too. Looking at the stack of unopened Mail,there might could be a few more. Hint............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll have to give them a look!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
35+ Mil's of erector,zero stop,close parallax,illumination,FFP and the reticle is SINISTER. Hint................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They do not appear readily available, where do you buy them?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
An ounce per mil?

Lightweights they aren’t.

Xtr sig 34s on those too stick?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ARKEN Direct RINK

They don't fhuqk around and deal directly(only). Hint.

You want their rings too,which are fhuqking exceptional. Hint.

Hell...I may have more than I can remember?!? Hint...................

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Stick,

Low or medium rings?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Low's on a Turnbolt wearing a 1913 rail,will happily clear a PSS/VS/Sendero contour,with BC's on the glass. Hint.

If you go lower base height,such as Burris Extreme 2-piecers,you'll lose the ability for flip-up's,on said contours and can barely squeeze a M24 without,as Old Glory illustrates. Hint.

Everything pictured,is wearing their Low's. Hint............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ARKEN Direct RINK

They don't fhuqk around and deal directly(only). Hint.

You want their rings too,which are fhuqking exceptional. Hint.

Hell...I may have more than I can remember?!? Hint...................

I'd say you have a few...I'll have to try them out. No brakes or cans for your gear?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd be VERY impressed,if someone hated Loudeners more than I. The last thing that interests me,is danglin' something off the muzzle,to change POA/POI and DOPE. Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't like them either, then I got an Area 419 Hellfire and I really like it, except have to take hearing protection with me while hunting...still working out the kinks on that one. Will have a can soon enough, as soon as the ATF sorts things out on their end, February 2022 and waiting...

Last edited by 257Bob; 09/09/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had three cans for maybe two months and there's no going back for me. Many existing rifles will stay the way they are, some will be chopped/threaded (where rifle balance will not be unduly upset), but most new additions going forward will be planned for suppressed use. Nice to mitigate recoil and blast at the same time, especially when shooting is an impromptu affair. There are decent 10-12oz .30cal cans out there now for $500-700.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm more than a touch "comfy" with glass that tracks,modest case capacity and rather nice BC's,then incorporate The Chop to improve balance/handling. That as Daily Utility Platforms go. Hint.

For Ugly Atmospherics,I'll add case capacity to the BC. Just put another together yesterday,with a .796 BC at 2925fps from a 24" Sporter and spec'd freebore. Hint.

I'm always happy to give others the first shot and then bat clean up. Hint.(grin)................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
I've had three cans for maybe two months and there's no going back for me. Many existing rifles will stay the way they are, some will be chopped/threaded (where rifle balance will not be unduly upset), but most new additions going forward will be planned for suppressed use. Nice to mitigate recoil and blast at the same time, especially when shooting is an impromptu affair. There are decent 10-12oz .30cal cans out there now for $500-700.

I built a 308 with a Proof barrel at 20" just for the Harvester EVO that's been on the shelf since February, still waiting...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm more than a touch "comfy" with glass that tracks,modest case capacity and rather nice BC's,then incorporate The Chop to improve balance/handling. That as Daily Utility Platforms go. Hint.

For Ugly Atmospherics,I'll add case capacity to the BC. Just put another together yesterday,with a .796 BC at 2925fps from a 24" Sporter and spec'd freebore. Hint.

I'm always happy to give others the first shot and then bat clean up. Hint.(grin)................

7mm RM, nice!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 1936M71, 71 invisible), 3,278 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,588
Posts18,454,274
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.