Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.thegunmag.com/breaking-u...accounts-destroying-packages-in-transit/

SAF Investigative Journalism Project

(The Second Amendment Foundation’s Investigative Journalism Project wouldn’t be possible without you. Click here to make a tax-deductible donation to support pro-gun stories like this.)

UPDATED, 7/1/22 @ 1:40 p.m. PDT — United Parcel Service is terminating the accounts of gun dealers across the country. Any packages currently in the UPS system may be “seized and destroyed.”

In a letter sent to one Florida gun dealer, Ghost Firearms, UPS said they were terminating the account because they “may be violating” laws concerning homemade firearm parts.

“We write to inform you that UPS has learned that your company may be violating applicable laws concerning the shipment of “ghost guns” to unauthorized locations,” the letter states. “In light of our concern, UPS has determined that it will cancel your account, effective immediately.

Ghost’s owner, Joe Zatar was told all scheduled pickups will be cancelled, and that he cannot reopen another UPS account or ship anything from a UPS store or website.

He is most concerned about the packages already in the UPS system, which he may have already lost.

“Please note that any package found in the UPS system determined to have been tendered by GHOST FIREARMS may be seized and destroyed,” the letter states.

“I just shipped more than $30,000 worth of products,” he said.

Zatar immediately called his UPS sales rep, who said he had no idea the account was terminated.

Ghost Firearms sells uppers, lowers, handguards and OEM parts for a number of manufacturers. They also sell 80% receivers.

“We do not ship to states where they’re not allowed,” Zatar said. “We are in total compliance. We had ATF in here just two weeks ago, and they told us we were completely legal.”

Initially, Retail giant Brownells told their customers in a Facebook post Friday that they too were terminated by UPS.

Brownells did not specify in their post the reason why UPS terminated their account, and the post was taken down several hours later.

UPS’ Media Relations personnel did not return calls or emails seeking comment for this story.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just had a conversation with my FFL about UPS breaking guns on purpose.

No way! Could never happen! *wink wink nudge nudge*

Duh. if you haven't figured it out by now you haven't tried very hard.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmm, I know a guy that just received 3 and all of the boxes were perfect. Maybe he’s just lucky.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think somebody might have a good law suit.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds to me like sleepy joe is padding UPS pockets to deter gun sales in shipping now that everything is online 🤦‍♂️

IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe this explains this Rem 788 30-30 UPS delivery. They did pay for it. Stinking delivery driver left it just like you see.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hoping they dont take the same approach with optics....

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I recently ordered a scope from brownells and it wouldnt let me choose ups, only fedex. Then i ordered ammo from midsouth shooters supply, same thing.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Screw UPS. Down with brown.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
I recently ordered a scope from brownells and it wouldnt let me choose ups, only fedex. Then i ordered ammo from midsouth shooters supply, same thing.

I live about 35-40 minutes away from MidSouth, and always just place my order, then drive down and pick it up. FedEx is always my last choice as a shipper.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah

I live about 35-40 minutes away from MidSouth, and always just place my order, then drive down and pick it up. FedEx is always my last choice as a shipper.

Fedex is my last choice too. The ups guys here put my packages in my wood shed. The crayon eaters fedex hires as drivers just leave my stuff out on the walkway exposed to the elements.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Screw UPS. Down with brown.

Come on man...............):

I'm still....sorta in the groove with my UPS guys

Even with a small center...things have changed...business is booming

Newer & younger drivers have no clue what the system was like 20 years ago

My current driver has 15-16 yrs in.....have his # if I need something early or to have a box picked up

Been known to stop in for a snack or even dinner when the timing is right

My 27 yrs as a pkg driver was a good career......and never left a box on the porch as the one above

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hamilton Bowen calls UPS "the Brownshirts of the cartage industry".

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Evidently UPS doesn't have control of their employees.

You know some 300 pound commie bull dyke gets her rocks off from stomping/trashing/cancelling firearm related packages.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
UPS totally destroyed an antique ML for me a few years ago and damaged another more recently. I’ve not done business with them since. FWIW, the damage required malicious intent AFAIC.

Fug ‘em.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A type of 21st century Kristallnacht. Where it's OK to attack a certain segment of the population and the ruling tyrants just look the other way. Just like all the mostly peaceful antifa / BLM "protests" of the recent past.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago I had a Siamese Mauser converted to 45-70, walnut stock, new barrel, etc. I came back to me by REA (Railway Express agency). They bent the barrel and the stock was a bit worse for the wear. Sent it back and the gunsmither fixed things. Still have it.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Unreal.... But I appreciate the post.. I have a shotgun that's going to a dealer in TX and I was going to use UPS... eek Now what.. USPS? Those bastids lost a custom rifle about 8-9 years ago and would only pay about .25 cents on the dollar for the claim on their laughable 'insurance'..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wonder how many of their employees have been stealing guns?

What hubs the most prolific

Proly just stop shipping guns so to not appear racist

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bodkin84
Sounds to me like sleepy joe is padding UPS pockets to deter gun sales in shipping now that everything is online 🤦‍♂️

Nothing that blatant, but would you take a bet the union is doing the Dem’s bidding any way they can?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

346 members (264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,433
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.