Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Picked this rifle up from a neighbor today, was thinking from the description talking to him about it awhile back, it was a Husqvarna.
But not, just marked m-5000 Husky. Tradewinds imported. It is in 22-250, super slick action, and very nice trigger. Has an older Bushnell (Japan) 3x9 rangefinder scope.
Anybody have one, and throw out a ball park value number on it.
Thanks!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Had one in a 7mag Was decent shooter action was slick as glass Had a great trigger They are nice rifles Just wasn’t one of my favorites And I wound up selling it I think for $600

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I only know what you tell me!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This is all I can tell you from 4 minutes of research:

Husky 5000 Tradewinds rifle

Your rifle is actually an m600 action, since it is a pushfeed and not the HVA CRF action. Yours may be marked "5000", but it is actually a later m600 action. Nice rifle though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is a Krico made in Weat Germany.

Tradewinds confused things when they went from Husqvarna to Krico and kept the same H-5000 model designation.

I had one in 22-250 years ago, SN 122763, it was missing the plastic bolt shroud, and being an unknow quantity, I got it for a song. It was very accurate with 55 grain bullets and was my primary truck gun for a couple of years in the mid-90s before it found a new home.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The 600 used double set triggers according to the article BSA posted, that pictured rifle shows a single traditional trigger, at least as best I can tell.

Is that part of the confusion 260Remguy?

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Darryle
The 600 used double set triggers according to the article BSA posted, that pictured rifle shows a single traditional trigger, at least as best I can tell.

I didn't know that I was confused. The rifle that the OP posted pictures of is a Krico that was imported by Tradewinds. I had the same rifle with the same trigger. I've seen Tradewinds Kricos with DSTs and no open sights and Tradewinds Kricos with single triggers and open sights. I haven't seen a lot of them, but those were the two configuration that I've seen.

I have BSA on ignore, so I don't see anything that he posts.

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks for the info. I paid 450.00 for it,and he gave me 5 boxes of older yellow box Western ammo, and about 100 empties. Just an older Bushnell Banner 3x9 with range finder gizmo, but it is crystal clear , and made in Japan, Will change the rings out, and see how she shoots!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You did well at that price. That is a nice classic rifle. Probably a good shooter too.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Darryle

He gets confused easily.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is a quality rifle and I've never had a Krico that wouldn't shoot. The only thing that I didn't like about mine was the size/weight of the rear sight.

If you ever run into a Tradewinds 311A .22 bolt gun for under $400 with condition, buy it. It is another Krico import that few people know about, so prices can be well below their actual value. I have read that Voere built these rifles and that they were sold under different model names/numbers with a variety of different stock configurations by Krico, Kleinguehter, Mauser, Tradewinds, and Voere.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back on 03/29/07 Duckbill posted pictures of his Husky H-5000 Krico in 30-06. Single trigger and open sights. No confusion, none at all.

I don't claim to be an expert on any rifles except the Savage Model 1920s, but I've owned a couple thousand rifles and seen 10s of thousands of them over the past 55 years. I am blessed, or cursed, with a near photographic memory, so if I've seen it, I remember at least something about it.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 07/01/22. Reason: Added comment
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You got a good deal.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Why does assigning almost the same rifle model nomenclature... The portal to confusion... Sound so "Husqvarna Factory 'usual suspect'! Two entirely different rifles, differing manufacturer, differing fundamental action style - one CRF and the other Push Feed! I suppose that observing each similarity as "rifle" genre, sufficient to have like model numbers. About like linking blonde and brunette; gorilla and aardvark, respectively!

Will the "real Husqvarna Model 5000 please stand up?" Emerged the "Husky Model H 5000" in CRF config. Reflecting the latter sixties "alloy" bottom metal standard, as perhaps last CRF Husqvarna "Hurrah!"
My sole representative Husky H5000 in 7 Mag chambering as the principal reason I purchased it. Believing it the only Factory Husky Model ever chambered in 7mm Remington. Such, my 'fatal attraction' in an otherwise 'nice', but nothing extraordinary, bit utilitarian, rifle.

I know nothing about the Kriko beyond recognizing the name and recollection of unique style action. Don't have my "Bolt Action Rifles" DeHaas book handy which otherwise likely to offer a primer. It does look the handsome, quality rifle and on that basis, a congrats concerning your acquisition!

Best!
John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One of the problems with DeHaas' books on bolt action rifles is that he wrote chapters on rifles that he'd only seen a limited number of and apparently didn't look at the factory literature to confirm if the rifles that he was able to handle were factory spec. His chapters on the Savage 1920 and Newton have numerous errors in them, others likely do too.

I don't know why Tradewinds kept the same model name, H-5000, for both their Husqvarna imports and at least some of their Krico imports. It seems unnecessary and confusing, but they must have had a reason. Maybe they didn't want to pay for a new roll stamp. Maybe they thought that their customer base wouldn't notice the difference.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S&W retained the same model designations for the Husqvarnas that they imported, models A thru E, with both the HVA and later pushfeed actions. Not many people seem to collect those rifles, but it can be confusing if you're looking to buy and the seller doesn't know the difference between the actions.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
One of the problems with DeHaas' books on bolt action rifles is that he wrote chapters on rifles that he'd only seen a limited number of and apparently didn't look at the factory literature to confirm if the rifles that he was able to handle were factory spec. His chapters on the Savage 1920 and Newton have numerous errors in them, others likely do too.

I don't know why Tradewinds kept the same model name, H-5000, for both their Husqvarna imports and at least some of their Krico imports. It seems unnecessary and confusing, but they must have had a reason. Maybe they didn't want to pay for a new roll stamp. Maybe they thought that their customer base wouldn't notice the difference.
I'm guessing the latter: 40% of folks would just assume the same and keep buying. It's why Rem kept all their cheap stuff as a 700-something (770, 783)... Some people assumed they were just variants of the real deal.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
This is all I can tell you from 4 minutes of research:

Husky 5000 Tradewinds rifle

Your rifle is actually an m600 action, since it is a pushfeed and not the HVA CRF action. Yours may be marked "5000", but it is actually a later m600 action. Nice rifle though.

I had one of the rifles shown, the one marked "Husky". Mine was a 30-06 and it flat out kicked the snot out of me. I sold it sometime around 1968 when food on the table was more a priority than the rifle. Wish I could find another one with the Mauser action or just the stock for one with the Mauser action. They were very nice rifles. I have a Husqvarna 640 barreled action that is now cobbled into a stock so I can shoot it. I just would like to find a Husky stock to drop it into.
Paul B.

Last edited by PJGunner; 07/02/22.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bolt Action Rifles by de Haas

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a 1640 Husqvarna, 25-06, really like it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.