Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter
In 9th grade he ran off with my ex 15 yr old girlfriend and they got married with her parents consent, he was 25.
A former coach at our tiny little high school is in prison. 2 counts of statutory rape.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes lots, wrestling coaches and football coaches, that’s usually the way it goes Richard. Next question please! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ninth grade history teacher was also Coach Oaks, all the girls got A's, all the boys got B's and we didn't do a darned thing in class the whole year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Driver's Ed was taught by Mr. O., who was also the wrestling coach and phys ed teacher. Required reading included Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl and The Pennsylvania Driver's License Handbook.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yep several of them

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My HS metal shop teacher had to coach gymnastics as a newbie teacher. He was 5'9" tall about 200 lbs, injun out of Nebraska. A really fine human but a tough SOB. He got jumped by some hard asses and knocked them all on their asses with one loosing a tooth. He was a school favorite. The varsity wrestling coach was a real math teacher. He taught the AP classes.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had Coach Allen for Algebra and Trig. If you were not up tp speed with the equation on the blackboard, it was out in the hall for two licks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Coach Krebs taught health,he was a good teacher.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I went to a small rural high school. All of the coaches taught so I had a lot of coaches as teachers. Some of them were excellent teachers. Some were so-so. Some were terrible. I'm pretty sure they would have been about the same, good or bad, even if they didn't coach. Some folks will do a great job at everything they undertake. Some folks will do the minimum at everything they undertake.

I help coach football at a local school after my day job. I only help during football season and it's volunteer work. Being able to see the time/effort the coaches put into their job I've come to believe that head coaches shouldn't have to teach. It's a small school and the coaching stipend for head and assistant coaches is very small. I believe they'd make A LOT more money working those extra hours at a minimum wage job....and have a lot less stress on them. Several of the coaches coach multiple sports...it's crazy the load they carry.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had one for math and one for shop class

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I taught Science (Biology, Physical Science, Life/Earth/Environmental...) for 36 yrs. Led the system in test scores the last 7 years. Football record 74-11. Coached 8 players that went to the NFL including one with a $40 million contract. (Melvin Ingram). I'm retired now. I was a teacher first....a salesman of sorts. Heard a lot of teachers say "You don't have to like me...". Wrong. I wouldn't buy a car from a salesman I didn't like. I used what I called "tags" for most of my lessons. A story that I would weave throughout my "walking around while talking/discussing" that made my students want to know what I knew. I noticed when I said "I remember one time" or the "other day I was" they would focus on the story. Would HATE to teach with laptops open on every desk now.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yes. Athletics/PE teachers or coaches. Many times here were health class teachers and sometimes science teachers.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ah, if you can't teach you coach; if you can't coach you become the principle; if you can't be a principle you become the superintendent.

And that is why most school district are in physical and financial distress.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by hanco
Went to a small high school, they all taught class.

I was right down the road from Hanco, same situation. Some were OK, some were A-holes. What can do?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Could you stay awake in class?

Dutch Bryan read from the book in a monotone.
Sure - it was GYM class... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Several. My Calculus teacher was the track coach. You fell asleep in his class and you were going to be woken by the starter pistol. He also had a masters degree in Mathematics and was no dummy! He helped me and a few buddies with our college math; partial differential equations. FB coach taught machine shop and welding. He was great. We were attempting to change out an oxygen bottle and it fell over. It cracked the valve and the cylinder shot through the shop wall! We later found it out at the far end of the FB field against the fence. We were all scared [bleep] but he was pretty cool about it. The wrestling coach taught health. He was a terrible teacher.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I didn't realize there were coaches who didn't teach...

One of my favorite teachers was my wrestling coach. Jerry Grossen was a great coach and an even better Commercial Law instructor. I still remember some of the classes he taught us and I'm almost 70 now. Our other wrestling coach was a shop teacher and also taught basic electrical class. Our basketball coach was my math teacher for 2 years in high school - Trigonometry and Match VI. He was darned good at it, but I had a tough time in his class. I pulled B's mostly, but it was a real tough go of it. Our baseball coach taught Physical Education and I can't remember what our a-hole football coach taught , but it was some subject I never took because I wouldn't be caught dead in one of his classes. I was so pissed at his arrogance I quit the football team in the middle of the season my senior year...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The best teachers I had were coaches. I'm pretty sure it was the testosterone thing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I had several. Always a plus if you are on the team and they like you.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,926 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.