Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
to make room for the construction of new housing for influx of Sub-Saharan African migrants.

Link

BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They're going to have to get a lot rougher than that, good for them, they set their chipsNdips and pepsi aside and did something.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Honey do we have any batteries for the remote?

LOL
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
and just were does their goverment think they will get food from ?, they already calling for shotages because of Ukrain war .oh i see goverment wants us to starve to bring down the population ...unreal

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem shooter
and just were does their goverment think they will get food from ?, they already calling for shotages because of Ukrain war .oh i see goverment wants us to starve to bring down the population ...unreal

And yet, we do nothing....

LOL
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2

And yet, we do nothing....

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have you done anything yet, Fireball?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
TTT

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That's why they're importing Africans. They're used to not having food.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You, you mean the conspiracy kooks were right years ago about there really being such a thing as Agenda 2030?

Gee, who woulda thunkit.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The Dutch have been a net food exporter for decades. The problem is not the housing shortage (which has been going on for decades and decades as well -- half of both my parents' siblings emigrated in the early 50's due to the housing shortage).

The problem is that the diligent Dutch farmers are VERY good at high intensity farm operations, usually referred to here as feedlots or chicken or pig houses. There's so many that in some areas the manure and litter from said pig and poultry houses have raised the surrounding land level by as much as 4 feet.

In other words, there's way too many CAFO's for the available land to spread the manure. Predictably, ground water contamination levels have kept increasing and increasing. This rule is political, and therefore deeply flawed, but it's not the first attempt at fixing the problem. As far back as 30 years, my cousin, who operated a dairy, was forced to connect to a municipal sewer system because septic systems are completely forbidden anywhere in the country. Never mind he was milking several hundred cows that, well, [bleep] a lot on the ground.

The whole thing is just a symptom of what happens when too many people and animals live in too small a space. Stupid is a geometric function of the population density.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are finding new places to spread manure.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealKeean/status/1543300949870927873
Creative problem solving.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Eventually all these green dumb fugks in govts around the world are going to get exactly what they've been asking for.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Honey do we have any batteries for the remote?

Funny how you keep calling everybody out to do something. Have you ever even been to a school board meeting or a local Republican party meeting? I doubt it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by erikj

Standard farmer protest tactic in that part of the world.

Doesn't change the fact there's too much [bleep], and not enough space to put it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
They should build a power plant that runs on burning dried cowshit. Problem solved.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by erikj

Standard farmer protest tactic in that part of the world.

Doesn't change the fact there's too much [bleep], and not enough space to put it.
You are in a better position to understand the policies being protested. Your opinion is the emission restrictions are justified?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like I said, it's politics, and some people's oxen are going to be gored.

This is not a new thing, this has been going on, in one form or another, for over 40 years. The cousin I mentioned before has since sold his place and moved to Denmark: just too many people and not enough dirt in The Netherlands. We have the same type of problems here in the DelMarva area and chicken houses, for example. CAFO's are what they are, love them or hate them, but they produce large quantities of concentrated manure that has to go somewhere. Historically, many of these regions have simply been spreading it, over applying it at a gross multiple, and attempting to use it, the best they can, by growing Nitrogen intensive crops like corn.

In our state, we have to have land application permits to apply CAFO manure (including from my fish farm) that limits the amount of N and P we can apply to ag land. As with all regulation, a PIA, but a couple of bad actors ruin it for everybody.

The "new" regulation is really an attempt at holistic (multi source) N management of what little environment they have left, and as I mentioned, someone's oxen are being gored. It doesn't just use land application permits, but also the number of animals on pasture. Some, like my cousin I mentioned, saw this coming, sold their milk quotas and headed out of Dodge. Others invested heavily in those milk quotas, and now even though they bought the quotas enabling them to sell the milk, they don't have the N allotment to produce that milk. Their enormous investment in milk quotas is threatening to become worthless. Guys, including another one of my cousins with a dairy, are facing losing their family farm and life's work at the stroke of a pen.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Dutch. There's always more to the story.

@jameslavish

This is inflation
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,385 guests, and 691 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.