Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Again, thank you for the responses. Lots of good ideas.

BP-B2

Bugger Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by JPro
Have you guys noticed your MS units throwing error codes if the cord is not stretched straight? Seems like I fight that fairly often with Sporter, even with fresh batteries. It can be frustrating enough to where I nearly always test on a 22LR before going to centerfire and burning up test rounds that don't generate a readout.
Never.

Never +1

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
tag

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
Have you guys noticed your MS units throwing error codes if the cord is not stretched straight? Seems like I fight that fairly often with Sporter, even with fresh batteries. It can be frustrating enough to where I nearly always test on a 22LR before going to centerfire and burning up test rounds that don't generate a readout.

Yes, but only once. My cord was so tangled up it wasn’t funny. I only shot it that way to see what would happen as well. If I even somewhat straighten it and still have many kinks, curls, it’s never done it. 99% of errors are it being too far from the barrel to read. I made a stand like MD’s, but had more errors so I quit using it. Also, I have to get on certain benches at the range to even use it, which doesn’t happen 75% of the time. I have found putting one of the rubber base pieces that’s goes on the bayonet on top of the barrel and run the strap over it, I get a lot less issues with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Puddle
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Originally Posted by Hudge
I use a MS Sporter regularly on .22LR to .338 WM. As has been mention by Scott, each rifle is different. I only use it during load development, and honestly, I’ve had a couple of times where I removed the MS and my groups opened up. That one leaves me scratching my head and cussing, but oh well.

As you probably know, group size is affected by barrel harmonics. In those couple of odd cases the MagnetoSpeed favorably changed the barrel harmonics for those particular loads, which obviously isn't what you want.

Yea, kinda sad when my 6.5CM handloads are always sub 1/2" groups with the chrony attached... cry

You mean all of your handloads are not sub MOA? You need to get with the program! If it were only that easy though, I’d save a ton of time and money!

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1beaver_shooter, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.