Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Hook line and sinker..

Bsa aka bull [bleep] artist ……….

I use good quality equipment:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It just drives you crazy because you can't shoot like me, doesn't it? Ha ha.. You don't really provide much to a thread, and you are all talk. A puzzy out in the real world too. You would cower down to a guy like me.. Trust me..

Lipstick on a pig……….

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
Saw 2 Vortex scope go tits up within the last month, both on F-TR 223 rifles, so heavy (17+ pound) rifles with no recoil to speak of. One a golden eagle and the other a Razor, supposedly top of the line. One lost half of the reticle, the other lost a front lens. Yep, just fell out... the only piece of vortex gear that I own is a cantilever mount for an AR, and it is a complete POS.

Cool story, bro.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Hook line and sinker..

He figured it would be okay just being on a 22 but nope. If I owned a company I would be embarrassed to sell something like that.

I have a friend that has bought 5 Vortex rifle scopes and every one of them have had issues. I also know a few other guys that have had issues with theirs. Recently a guy at the range had one on an AR and he was asking me if I had ever heard of Vortex having issues. I said, "do you really want to know the answer to that question". I avoid the mothers like the plague. At one time when they first came out, places like Sportsman's whorehouse were promoting them like they were the best thing since sliced bread. I had to tell one of the idiots there to STFU, once, maybe 2 times. And no, I don't hold back in public either. You have guys here that love them, but I seriously doubt they use their scopes like I do. The cheap Vortex scopes are the worst, well maybe not as bad as Barska, but you get the idea..

I bought 3 and had issues with every one of them as well! For people who shoot 10 rounds a year there OK! For people who actually shoot they suck

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had one of their lower end (Crossfire 6-18AO) ones turrets start to get mushy around 1k. I took it into where I bought it (Scheels) and they gave me a new scope. The replacement (Diamondback Tactical)which costs more has “better” erectors has been fine. It’s on my Howa .223 which I have shot to 700 and dialed back to Zero with no problems. I was fine with it as I wasn’t using it how it was intended to be used and they took it back no questions asked.

I have a Viper PST Gen II on my 7RM which also has had no problems and also a Ranger 1000 Rangefinder with no problems.

I do have an SWFA 10x on my 6CM and love it. It’s mounted with Vortex precision matched rings, which are made by Seekins.

In short what I’m saying is that I’m not married to Vortex but the stuff they sell works for me most of the time. Certainly Nightforce, Schmidt &Bender and other high end optics are better but at a higher cost. If I was using them for combat or competition I’d go that way I suppose.

Last edited by TakeEm; 07/08/22.

Isaiah 6:8

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wont buy another vortex

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who buys a Vortex deserves it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hook line and sinker..

Bsa aka bull [bleep] artist ……….

I use good quality equipment:

It just drives you crazy because you can't shoot like me, doesn't it? Ha ha.. You don't really provide much to a thread, and you are all talk. A puzzy out in the real world too. You would cower down to a guy like me.. Trust me..

Lipstick on a pig……….

Which part of the pictured assemblage do you consider "The Pig"?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Isn't Vortex issues redundant?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.