Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If anybody needs to be cancelled, it's this bitch..

These communists are out of their fugking minds.

"New Yorkers will need to provide information about their current partner or spouse and any adults or minors living with them.

The names of four people will also be required for reference checks to determine the applicant’s “moral character” and if there are any red flags that suggest they might be a harm to themselves or others.

The law requires that firearm permit seekers also complete 16 hours of firearm safety training and hand over information about their social media accounts for the last three years which will be used “to confirm … character and conduct.

Link to NY Governor Hochul story

By Caden Pearson July 2, 2022

New York Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul on Friday signed legislation into law to limit the use of concealed carry guns in “sensitive locations” such as schools and places of worship in response to a U.S. Supreme Court ruling.

Hochul called lawmakers to Albany for an extraordinary session of the state legislature this week to change gun laws after the Supreme Court struck down a 100-year-old state law that required applicants for conceal carry gun permits to show “proper cause.”

The state law was deemed unconstitutional because the state and licensing officers had too much discretion in approving permit applicants.

“I just signed a new law to keep New Yorkers safe—even in the face of a monumental setback from the Supreme Court,” Hochul wrote on Twitter Friday, thanking lawmakers for their “quick work” to pass the reforms.

But New York Republicans disagreed that the bill is about protecting New Yorkers.

“This is NOT a public safety bill under debate in Albany’s ‘extraordinary’ session,” the New York Senate GOP declared on Twitter. “This is a callous, vengeful bill meant to put law-abiding New Yorkers in their ‘rightful place.'”

With a Democrat-controlled state legislature, the bill moved quickly through both chambers, with lawmakers deliberating on Thursday before it went to a vote on Friday.

The state Senate passed the bill (pdf) 43-20 in a party-line vote on Friday before the Assembly passed it later that night.

New Rules
In addition to other requirements, people applying for a firearms permit will need to hand over to licensing officers personal information about their home life and social media activity.

New Yorkers will need to provide information about their current partner or spouse and any adults or minors living with them.

The names of four people will also be required for reference checks to determine the applicant’s “moral character” and if there are any red flags that suggest they might be a harm to themselves or others.

The law requires that firearm permit seekers also complete 16 hours of firearm safety training and hand over information about their social media accounts for the last three years which will be used “to confirm … character and conduct.”

Some of the other requirements under the new law means firearm permit holders will undergo regular checks for criminal convictions. A state-wide license and ammunition database will also be created.

Concealed carry will also be prohibited at government buildings, places of worship, libraries, playgrounds, public parks, schools, and a number of other locations which have often been the location of mass shootings.

Anyone who violates the law at sensitive locations faces criminal penalties.

Constitutional Freedoms ‘Trampled’: NY GOP

New York GOP Chair Nick Langworthy decried the law, saying that “New Yorkers’ constitutional freedoms were just trampled on by Kathy Hochul and her pawns in the legislature.”

“This bill is a political charade that makes New Yorkers less safe. Only under the insanity of New York Democrats can you get out of jail free for possessing an illegal firearm, but be targeted by the government for being a law-abiding citizen exercising your constitutional rights,” Langworthy said in a statement.

The law comes into effect on Sept. 1, and anyone denied a permit will be able to appeal from April 1, 2023.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
For sure.

How stupid do the NY suckers have to be to pay dimocommies to screw them over.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/02/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, they've lost their minds over this. They've declared war on our national system of laws, and on gun owners.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So basically...NY lawmakers are performing constitutional insurrection because they disagree with the Bill of Rights...democrats of yesteryear were known as Torries...

Last edited by LeakyWaders; 07/02/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
This will get to SCOTUS by next year. It is simply too much.

The way life should be.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The lawmakers should be held in contempt until a decision is rendered...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Whoa - that will fix them! I'm sure they are shaking in their boots.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
She only wants the criminals to be armed.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
She only wants the criminals to be armed.

NRA gave her an A rating ten years ago. LOL

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
“John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it.”

Those are the famous words uttered by President Andrew Jackson in relation to U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall’s 1832 decision in Worcester v. Georgia to strike down a Georgia law that imposed regulations on the comings and goings of white people in Native American land.

History has a way of repeating itself.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Social media back checks?

It pays to run sock puppets then. Happy Camper was a genius

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Whoa - that will fix them! I'm sure they are shaking in their boots.

The problem is...the lawmaker takes an oath to support and defend the Constitution...and then knowingly repeatedly crafts legislation to undermine the Constitution, with no consequence. The only one suffering for their lack of oath morality, are the citizenry...who must abide by the assbacked laws and who must fund their court appearances through tax burden.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Could the lawyers involved get disbarred? That would slow this crap way down.

Please don't feed the trolls!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hochul is an ultra liberal who is particularly soft on crime. She publicly stated that she was working side-by-side with NYC Mayor Adam to fight the escalating crime. But ..... when Adams went to Albany with the expectation that his team of Dems would help him, she sent him home with his tail between his legs. "Oh, you want to modify the no cash bail law"? "Get lost, we like the empty jails".

Hochul is an empty suit. Her disgraced predecessor was much better, and he was nothing to write home about. That woman has got to go but with 9 million dem voters in NYC she'll probably have an easy head start.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
Hochul is an ultra liberal who is particularly soft on crime. She publicly stated that she was working side-by-side with NYC Mayor Adam to fight the escalating crime. But ..... when Adams went to Albany with the expectation that his team of Dems would help him, she sent him home with his tail between his legs. "Oh, you want to modify the no cash bail law"? "Get lost, we like the empty jails".

Hochul is an empty suit. Her disgraced predecessor was much better, and he was nothing to write home about. That woman has got to go but with 9 million dem voters in NYC she'll probably have an easy head start.

She is a lying pos poser. "For the safety of New Yorkers", my ass.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
“John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it.”

Those are the famous words uttered by President Andrew Jackson in relation to U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall’s 1832 decision in Worcester v. Georgia to strike down a Georgia law that imposed regulations on the comings and goings of white people in Native American land.

History has a way of repeating itself.

Marshall was the greatest sonsabitch to ever set foot in America. Marshall v. Madison (1803), was the first coup against the Constitution. He dedided he knew more about same, than the man who basically wrote it.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by bluefish
This will get to SCOTUS by next year. It is simply too much.

And their law will get struck down, and they will do it again, that is rewrite another anti2A law.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
The bottom line is the SCOTUS has no means to ENFORCE their ruling if the other branches of government decide to ignore it, which is basically what's happening.

I went from having a NYS CCL that was good almost anywhere I cared to go, to now having almost nowhere I can legally carry thanks to this decision and the backlash by the Bolsheviks. Can you tell I'm a little pissed today?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So for the criminals, it’s business as usual. It’s to their benefit, less folks resisting them. I left that piece of dog schit city (NY) in 1978 and never returned. A high school buddy wants me to come up for a HS reunion in the Fall. You got to be kidding me!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
The bottom line is the SCOTUS has no means to ENFORCE their ruling if the other branches of government decide to ignore it, which is basically what's happening.

I went from having a NYS CCL that was good almost anywhere I cared to go, to now having almost nowhere I can legally carry thanks to this decision and the backlash by the Bolsheviks. Can you tell I'm a little pissed today?

Me? I say fugkem. I'd carry anywhere I want and thought I needed to. Those bastards are breaking the law, anyway.

S.S.S.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
725 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.