Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A neighbor gifted me the arms and back to a bench. Painted them, ran to the lumber yard, and bought the wood strips needed and completed the bench. Still need to stain it. (To many color choices so it's lightly clear coated for now...)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
Going up north for the weekend, gonna bring my .458 along

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mart
Loving one’s wife even as the dementia progresses. Answering the same questions repeatedly and not loosing patience. Still finding ways to make her laugh and putting one’s desires aside to make her feel safe and loved despite the confusion she faces daily.

I hope I can be that man. Some days it’s hard.
God Bless you Mart

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After replacing my entire front entry after demolishing the old set up I took my AC Cobra out for a cruise today.... got a lot of attention but tried to act like it twern't nuttin..... kept it under the speed limit, mostly....

Last edited by Sheister; 07/01/22.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
... that sets us apart from the lesser members of the species could we discuss today?

Loving one’s wife even as the dementia progresses. Answering the same questions repeatedly and not loosing patience. Still finding ways to make her laugh and putting one’s desires aside to make her feel safe and loved despite the confusion she faces daily.

Having seen and dealt directly with the affects of late stage Alzheimer’s on a loved one I have nothing but the ultimate respect for the spouse that’s able to deal with it. My wife worries because of the hereditary aspects of Alzheimer’s but I tell her she shouldn’t worry since it’s one disease that’s every bit as devastating to the spouse as it is to the patient themselves.

God bless you Mart, I don’t envy your responsibilities but I respect your devotion! You both will be in my prayers…

“ I hope I can be that man….” For you to desire something as selfless as wanting to be a kind and compassionate caregiver to your spouse leaves me with no doubt that you most definitely ARE that MAN!…..and I’d venture to guess that your wife is lucky to have you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
... that sets us apart from the lesser members of the species could we discuss today?

I love what you are doing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beavers

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thank you guys for the kind words. We take a day at a time. She has a sense of humor about it but some days the confusion is frustrating for her. She knows she should know or remember but just can’t. Those days I hold her tight and try to redirect, maybe take her to DQ or shopping. Both things she likes.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Beer drinkin?

& Hell Raisin'

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/01/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes, I can attest that is is indeed difficult to maintain patience. Dealing with Dad and his pancreatic cancer, his hearing, or lack thereof, his repeated asking of the same question(s), his obsessive nature, as well as his poor treatment of Mom, has been a challenge. After reading your post, I realize I could have done a better job of it in the past. I will endeavor to do so in the future.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I can relate as I’m dealing with a spouse in the early stage of mental decline. It’s a challenge for me as I’m not a very patient person by nature. Remembering the 48 years of shared life gives me strength. I promised “in sickness and in health” and I will keep that promise.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr

I can relate as I’m dealing with a spouse in the early stage of mental decline. It’s a challenge for me as I’m not a very patient person by nature. Remembering the 48 years of shared life gives me strength. I promised “in sickness and in health” and I will keep that promise.

My heart goes out to you. Some days are challenging but then we have a lot of good days. My opting to retire early has been a blessing. Having me around all the time has helped her greatly to feel safe. The garden has been a joy for her this year. She always loved gardening so I ramped it up a bit this year with the raised beds and flowers. It seems to help her to focus a little better.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc
A neighbor gifted me the arms and back to a bench. Painted them, ran to the lumber yard, and bought the wood strips needed and completed the bench. Still need to stain it. (To many color choices so it's lightly clear coated for now...)

I've got one in the yard needing some new boards before I put it out back by "Katie's Tree". My wife just scattered Katie's ashes out there last week, the tree was her favorite on to go explore around and mark the area. So now it's known as Katie's Tree. Gonna put the bench out there for my wife to go have her tea there with her special dog.

Thanks for the reminder.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sir, that is as manly a thing, as a man can do. God Bless.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by skeen

Much Respect...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Mumbly peg.

In a feed lot

With bare feet...

Blindfolded.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sheister
After replacing my entire front entry after demolishing the old set up I took my AC Cobra out for a cruise today.... got a lot of attention but tried to act like it twern't nuttin..... kept it under the speed limit, mostly....

How bout some pics?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Skeen's spot on.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Mumbly peg.

In a feed lot

With bare feet...

Blindfolded.

Drunk

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rong
Loving one’s wife even as the dementia progresses. Answering the same questions repeatedly and not loosing patience. Still finding ways to make her laugh and putting one’s desires aside to make her feel safe and loved despite the confusion she faces daily. I hope I can be that man. Some days it’s hard.
Skeen's spot on.
Yes he is. There ain’t no crammin’ for a test of character. It always shows up as a pop quiz. Kudos to mart, stxhunter, and all others here who are dealing with…or have dealt with…such difficult circumstances involving loved ones.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
673 members (1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 77 invisible), 3,169 guests, and 1,464 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.