Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Torque Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Does anyone have a resource I can tap to have some die storage boxes made? I would like them to be 5 Die, accommodating Forster rings, a slot for a Hornaday Modified Case, a slot to hold the die instructions (Lee size since they are the largest), a slot (magnetized) for a shell holder and a Primer shell holder, a slot for a Lee trim case gauge and a lid tall enough to accommodate a Redding and Forster Micrometer dies. I can find some that are close to that, but not exactly what I am looking for. One of the guys that sell on [bleep] says that if I can get him a 3d print code for what I'm looking for, he will print them. So, a source for the code or a person who will actually print the boxes would be awesome.

Thanks!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
HR IC

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Tag, I'm interested

T
Torque Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I have searched through the topic headings and I cannot find a forum more appropriate. Am I missing one? Should I post this somewhere else?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Torque
Does anyone have a resource I can tap to have some die storage boxes made? I would like them to be 5 Die, accommodating Forster rings, a slot for a Hornaday Modified Case, a slot to hold the die instructions (Lee size since they are the largest), a slot (magnetized) for a shell holder and a Primer shell holder, a slot for a Lee trim case gauge and a lid tall enough to accommodate a Redding and Forster Micrometer dies. I can find some that are close to that, but not exactly what I am looking for. One of the guys that sell on [bleep] says that if I can get him a 3d print code for what I'm looking for, he will print them. So, a source for the code or a person who will actually print the boxes would be awesome.

Thanks!

I have more than three dies in several cartridges. I use two each boxes that hold three dies etc.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
T
Torque Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Bugger

Thanks!

I have more than three dies in several cartridges. I use two each boxes that hold three dies etc.

Yes sir, the problem I am having is that they die rings are set so that they will not fit back in their proper boxes, especially the very tall dies with micrometers. I would much rather pay someone for a 3d design and have them printed to keep things organized. I realize it isn't a necessity, just a preference.

George Orwell
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is an interesting idea. I run into this all the time, as I usually buy the 3-die sets and then add taper crimp dies, Lee Collet dies, etc. And I run a Co-Ax.

A 5-die box that was longer and accepted Forster lock rings would be great.

Chris
T
Torque Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by richardca99
This is an interesting idea. I run into this all the time, as I usually buy the 3-die sets and then add taper crimp dies, Lee Collet dies, etc. And I run a Co-Ax.

A 5-die box that was longer and accepted Forster lock rings would be great.

Yes sir, I do the same. Having a storage box with all of the accoutrements in one place would make life simpler for me. Especially since I only have one rifle per caliber. 5 (or 6) die slots, a slot for a modified case, a slot to hold a Lee Case length gauge, a magnetized slot for the two shell holders, a tall lid for micrometer dies with a positive stop built into the base (so they can be stacked), and a slot to hold the die instructions/notes is what I would like to have made.

Apparently though, I am about the only one who thinks so. LOL! I don't frequent many other forums and I am not sure what other resources to tap.

George Orwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Forster boxes seem to be the best of them. Allow the most space for lockrings and for height and you can sometimes squeeze 4 dies in there. But even with Forster I end up using two die boxes per caliber mostly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a few Redding boxes that have seen the Dremel! Not pretty but usable.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have all of mine in a case similar to this, with a desiccant pack in each drawer. A label maker to mark the contents and it is east to find what I need.

Multi-drawer set

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I understand what you are saying. If you have any Hornady die boxes, they can be quite useful for holding what you want. The boxes can be had for $4 or $5 from places like Midsouth.

The top box has a std Forster seater, but easily holds Wilson seaters.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The bottom box has a Forster Mic seater, Redding body die, Lee collet, Wilson case gauge and a Lee crimp die.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Thanks!

Back to keeping schidt simple. This is never not funny. ha h..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Plano fishing boxes are good for storing all kinds of stuff. I just checked quick and RCBS dies with rings on fit inside a slot. Six slots with adjustable dividers for making smaller compartments.

https://planomolding.com/products/prolatch-stowaway-3600-2360001?variant=40468014989472

T
Torque Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I finally found a reliable small shop 3D printer to design and print the boxes I was envisioning. I am sure they won't be for everyone, but this is absolutely what I was looking for. I thank Ryan Murphy of Ryan Murphy designs for making these up for me. He was very responsive to all messages and to make any changes I asked for. I am sure if they were to be made from injected plastic they would be cheaper, but these are extremely nice quality. He made both 4 and 6 die slot boxes for me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Torque; 01/19/23.

George Orwell
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
That seems pretty dang slick. I tip my hat to you for sticking with your idea and finding a small shop to work with you.

T
Torque Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
That seems pretty dang slick. I tip my hat to you for sticking with your idea and finding a small shop to work with you.

Thank you, sir. I appreciate that.

George Orwell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes sir, the problem I am having is that they die rings are set so that they will not fit back in their proper boxes, especially the very tall dies with micrometers. I would much rather pay someone for a 3d design and have them printed to keep things organized. I realize it isn't a necessity, just a preference.

Get out your Dremel tool and grind off any offending dividers molded into the box that interfere with the lock ring setting.

Hornady boxes are the largest I’m aware of and will probably allow the most options.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Torque,
What was the cost of the 3D boxes?

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Those are awesome. I believe I could use those!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
641 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 74 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.