M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Flave rules.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

BP-B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Flave , is a phony, he would run if threatened, by a bigger bottom feeder, if a bear appeared he would be so busy slipp'in and slid'in in his own schitt, the bear would lay down laugh at flave, just like most of us. back to the bottom Catfish. Rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you, sir. We should have another phone chat one of these days.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RIO7
Flave , is a phony, he would run if threatened, by a bigger bottom feeder, if a bear appeared he would be so busy slipp'in and slid'in in his own schitt, the bear would lay down laugh at flave, just like most of us. back to the bottom Catfish. Rio7

Sure thing, gramps.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had to defend myself against a bear on a moose hunt up in the very NW corner of Saskatchewan a few years ago. Thankfully, for me, my rifle was already in my hands as we were tracking a moose and the guide kept telling me "be ready, we're close". We came up over a small hill and I literally walked right into 2 black bear cubs! They gave a little bark and went straight up trees faster than I would have thought possible. I immediately started looking around thinking oh crap! About 70 yards away, mama stands up sees me and immediately charges, ears flat to the back of her head and popping her teeth like crazy! She looked like a high speed shadow coming across the ground. I put a round in the ground in front of her to no effect. In the time it took me to work the action and be ready to shoot again she was very close and not slowing down at all. My second shot planted her not very far in front of me, again, thankfully for me, and I worked the bolt again just in case. It just took me about 3 times as long to type this than it did when it happened, still amazed at the speed of the bear and can still see it like it just happened. All I can say is, that time it worked out for me, could have easily worked out for the bear instead. If my rifle had been over my shoulder instead of in my hands, if I hadn't already been squared up to the bear... You can shoot at paper or cardboard all you want (and that's a good thing), say what you'll do all you want... having had it happen to me showed me how lucky I was!

The way the bear came in on us put the guide behind me and he had no shot, other than through me. And it truly happened so fast, there's no way he could have sidestepped me to get into position for a shot before it was over or the bear was on us. My 338 Win Mag reloads using 250gr Barnes TSX literally knocked the bear back like she had run full force into a brick wall. One last snap of her teeth and then the moan from too close!

So drills and practice are essential!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Sure thing, gramps.

LOL

Remember that time we had that grizzly come at us out of the treeline? And you left me with my sprained ankle hobbling down the trail? Good times laugh

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Sure thing, gramps.

LOL

Remember that time we had that grizzly come at us out of the treeline? And you left me with my sprained ankle hobbling down the trail? Good times laugh

I only recall one bear encounter with you and I do have the pic of that bear somewhere.

Thanks again for letting me ride piggy-back despite your bad ankle.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Dean... did you shoot from the hip or could you see through the scope?

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
Dean... did you shoot from the hip or could you see through the scope?

From the shoulder for both shots, through the scope. Always keep your scope on its lowest power until more is needed. Once the rifle went up, it didn't come down until I was certain the bear was dead. I certainly realize it could have gone the other way!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Revisiting this concept for the holidays. Low round count and fun for those with family/friends in town.

Three targets:

25yd
15yd
5yd

This would approximate 10yds per second, which would put the bear at a leisurely 20mph.

One round per target.

Three A-Zones is par for hits.
3.0 is par for time.

Best time for me was:

That was with a G17, no optic, ALS holster and duty size belt.

Had lots of low 3's and lots of 3.0's with a C-zone hit at the 25yd.

IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Now try it with a real gun.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by dla

You first, butt-fugk.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dla
What’s a real gun? I ate $hit when a black bear charged me. I had a “real gun” super Blackhawk running 300+ gr’s at full tilt. I was so slow out of the holster and thumbing it on a pb range charge I would have taken a G17 in a chest holster any day. I missed btw

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There are real guns like a 44 mag.
The VAGINAmm is not a bear charge stopping caliber.
It would be more interesting if the drill was run with a caliber more appropriate with stopping a charging bear.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Grab a handgun of your choice in caliber, look this bear in the face and tell me you have enough skill or gun to get out of this alive..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Grab a handgun of your choice in caliber, look this bear in the face and tell me you have enough skill or gun to get out of this alive..

That may very well be the takeaway from this drill.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bear spray lads.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Yes, I do. And neither you or any other forum dip [bleep] can prove otherwise.

Why do I say that?

Because the data on bear attacks proves me right. Very few folks successfully fending off bear attacks with a handgun are forum-approved pistoleros. They're average Joes who decided they would fight.

So read the data, learn, and stop posting stupid [bleep].

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/de...97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not a problem.

But then I don't get all skeered around grizzlies.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
87 members (308ld, 338reddog, 35, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 776 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.